dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So long story short I’m a reservation holder from 5/21…. Seems like it’s been forever but not as bad as most. I have a cyber orange, 2.7, lux, mic, MGV squatched badlands on order and have seen no movement on it, dealer won’t even tell me how far back the line I am.

I had another dealer friend contact me today and said he had an reservation holder drop out and has a Cactus grey, 2.7, lux, mic, leather, tow, squatched badlands he can sell me for 5k over msrp of 63k.

am I crazy for wanting to drive to my dealer for this right now?

did I mention tow?
A $5k ADM... I would question that friendship.
Sponsored

BroncoBob77

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350/2020 GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s your money that you worked for. If it makes you happy than that is the only justification you need. I can see where 5k has a wide range of value to different people. Some would have a very hard time justifying it others wouldn’t think twice.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too late for top off driving? It hasn’t even begun yet
You are in the great white north of Massachusetts.
I've been running the A/C constantly for 2 months.

Convertible weather is October through March here.

OP is right on the coast though, so he'll be ok for another two months.

RPMImages

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond, 67 Bronco, 65 Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Capo Ford, Tuttle Click, RSM, Fo of Org, Galpin, Go See Cal!!!? I'll race you to it!!!!!

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So long story short I’m a reservation holder from 5/21…. Seems like it’s been forever but not as bad as most. I have a cyber orange, 2.7, lux, mic, MGV squatched badlands on order and have seen no movement on it, dealer won’t even tell me how far back the line I am.

I had another dealer friend contact me today and said he had an reservation holder drop out and has a Cactus grey, 2.7, lux, mic, leather, tow, squatched badlands he can sell me for 5k over msrp of 63k.

did I mention tow?
depends if you want the MGV over leather. Otherwise its just a color.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2¢. If you have the 5K, and it is a spare 5K then it's your decision to make. If this 5K hurts you family finances in any way, then the answer is no. This is assuming the overall price of the truck is within your budget.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did I mention tow?
It’s crazy that you’re asking a group of random strangers what you should do with a large financial purchase. Also crazy that you’re not already at the dealership.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did I mention tow?
Do it and sell your other badlands when it comes in.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time in my entire extended life I paid sticker for a vehicle. That alone was a kick in my groin.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t scroll through all the pages of posts.

I’d absolutely do it. You are getting a loaded Bronco just different color. Heck, wrap it if you love yellow that much. I was a very early reservation holder (7/14/20) who was lucky to get my 2dr in Feb 2022 and I like it even more than I expected…sure ADM sucks but $5k isn’t bad in this market. Bought mine as a toy but decided to daily drive it. They are great - enjoy!

Sponsored

DZ1

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2014 Wrangler, 2005 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in a similar situation. I set 5k above MSRP as my limit. Couldn't find one for 5k. Mine eventually arrived. I would pay the 5k. As a side note, I payed 3k above for my wife's new Infiniti

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a bit of caution to be exercised here. Although, I think a loaded BL will hold value fairly well for a year or so while waiting, I wouldn’t guarantee it.
While waiting for my 2dr loaded WT last August I was in need of a gap vehicle due to a cross country trip and not wanting to take the 21 Ranger I had bought earlier that year. I hated the prospects of paying $40k for a 3 year old 4Runner with 40k miles on it when my dealer called and offered a 4dr Cactus Gray 2.3L BB with Mid pkg and Sig Lighting for a $5k ADM.
I took him up on it with the plan of trading it in when my WT came in. During this time the wife grew fond of the BB and wanted to keep it…so we kept both when the WT came in last Friday on 29 Apr. I decided to check Carvana and see what the BB with only 4,200 miles on it was going for and I was a little shocked when the offer was only $32,561. I put $5k down on it in August in order to negate the ADM, I’ve made about $6k in payments since then, and have put about $2,600 in upgrades (33”Toyo AT3 Open Country tires, an OEM trailer, hitch, Rocker panel armor, all weather floor and cargo mats) and there’s not a scratch on it. I still owe about $39k or so on it. So, if I had of wanted to trade it in I would have lost about $14k on it since August of 21.
I submitted an appraisal from Vroom a couple days ago out of curiosity, but haven’t heard anything back yet.
I believe the market is catching up.

Edit: More like a $17k loss. My math was a bit flawed.

Last edited:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a Dumb thread. By the time you get your MY23 your price protection will be LONG GONE and probably incur a MY23 price increase that totals that $5k over. What’s dumber Is a SoCal dealer only wanting 5K markup for a top-of-the-line Badlands. sounds like a complete bait and switch is about to happen. Make sure you ask what else will be required like buying extended warranties and crap. Anyone on this forum would buy that in a heartbeat to flip it for an extra 5K lol

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@ChrisInSC Let us know when you pick it up tomorrow, and post some pictures of it on the way back home. #Liveinmoment

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5K to avoid a couple months of waiting? No way. Five grand today invested wisely is worth far more down the road. I hated paying sticker, was prepared to wait longer if dealer tried any shenanigans. People are gonna find out the hard way that "selling it for a profit down the road" is a risky strategy with each passing day as rates rise and gas stays above$4.
Sponsored