Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This
For everyone canceling because prices are too high and you’re going to wait and buy a MY22/23 Bronco for cheaper or a Warthog for today’s Bronco prices or a used Bronco for half-off - I’m sorry that is just not going to happen. Supply will be limited for at least 2 years if not more. Used Broncos will be priced at a premium.
the only disruption in price will come with the inevitable switch from ICE to EV. What that will do to the price of ICE Broncos is anyone’s guess (must also consider governmental regulations).
if you really want a Bronco and can afford it IMO you should not cancel based on current prices.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This
For everyone canceling because prices are too high and you’re going to wait and buy a MY22/23 Bronco for cheaper or a Warthog for today’s Bronco prices or a used Bronco for half-off - I’m sorry that is just not going to happen. Supply will be limited for at least 2 years if not more. Used Broncos will be priced at a premium.
the only disruption in price will come with the inevitable switch from ICE to EV. What that will do to the price of ICE Broncos is anyone’s guess (must also consider governmental regulations).
if you really want a Bronco and can afford it IMO you should not cancel based on current prices.
I somewhat agree with the sentiment of this post (and own an EV and have a FE Bronco order I’m following through on).

But to argue that the ONE thing that can disrupt Bronco values is EV tech is... surprisingly short sighted. Any major sustained economic downturn can significantly impact used prices as well as the deals you’ll find on new cars.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sadly canceled my Granger 2022 reservation.

My love is talking baby and house for 2021.
No way to fund a 4x4 toy on top of that.

At least we'll have a lot of fun working on the making babies part :love:

Not leaving here.
I will just admire your Broncos from afar.
Hopefully she doesn’t get pregnant on the first try.

Aevans17

First Edition
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Expedition, F-150 Svt Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes I agree that the Warthog will cost more, never said it wouldn't. 2020 Ford Raptor MSRP starts at $53,000 and the local prices for me in Bonney Lake WA start at $75,000.

Ford Bronco First Edition 4-door MSRP is $63,100 before dealer markup. I am guessing dealers will markup their First Edition's to at least ~$80 if not higher. (A $53K MSRP Raptor sells for $75K so a $63K Bronco ~$80K in my area.)

I don't mind paying Raptor prices for a Raptor/Ford Performance/RS Vehicle (I own a 2011 SVT Raptor and a 2017 Focus RS). For me, the Bronco at $80K in First Edition trim is not worth the extra price. The Bronco Raptor will likely be around $60-65K MSRP. ($12K more then Raptor's MSRP.) Dealers will mark them up and you'll be looking at a similar price tag as the First Edition. So the point I'm making is that First Edition pricing w/o the Ford Performance add ons is not worth it to me. I'll happily drive my Raptor for the next few years and add a Warthog to my garage if/when it makes sense.

These are just my opinions and the reason why I canceled my order. Everyone else feel free to do what makes you happy!

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A multitude of reasons. for one I just can't make up my mind about what i want colors, tops, option, etc and i don't want to end up having buyers remorse.

2... Ford is pissing me off With the whole way they're doing this Bronco deal. We cant see or touch one IRL, the pics are all BS. Different lighting and everything else. how am isupposed to decide colors and things like that?

3. Im sorry... but both the soft and MIC tops look like ass. Ford wants to play the "late availability" game with an actual top that looks good. F u Ford. Ill just wait.

4. I'm having Mustang fever again bad after stupidly letting my ex wife talk me into selling my last GT. One reason why shes an ex. ? Next woman who even hints at the sale of my mustang will be getting tossed out the door instantly and im changing the fn locks....?

Right now it's a buyer's market for nice clean one owner GT Mustangs and I want a 5.0 vert more than a Bronco, and i dont have to wait a year. Ill get by another year with lifted F150 for hunting / fishing / camping and then look at a Bronco.

I did list all of my complaints when I cancelled my reservation so Ford knows why. Hopefully they get enough of that feedback it helps you guys out who are ordering.

I still love Broncos. Ill be around on here.
Why didn't you go see the Broncos on display at Super Celebration East? Fact is there have been opportunities for some to see them in person (depending on location). I saw the overlander concept in-person at the Mammoth Mtn event and I can say that the MIC top looked far from 'ass'. Seeing it in person not only solidified my interest and excitement of this vehicle but it blew it away. Soft top options will be plenty so don't think you are locked into one option. I don't see Ford playing any games with a late availability game on the tops - I think their interest would be in delivering all they could as soon as they could as it means money in the bank. Good luck on your Mustang - but it doesn't sound like you were 100% locked into a Bronco purchase to begin with as these arguments don't hold a lot of weight.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This
Agreed, that logic makes zero sense unless someone is planning on waiting 2-3 years and buying a used Bronco. It is not going to be cheaper in anyway to buy one later (unless it is used).

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I agree that the Warthog will cost more, never said it wouldn't. 2020 Ford Raptor MSRP starts at $53,000 and the local prices for me in Bonney Lake WA start at $75,000.

Ford Bronco First Edition 4-door MSRP is $63,100 before dealer markup. I am guessing dealers will markup their First Edition's to at least ~$80 if not higher. (A $53K MSRP Raptor sells for $75K so a $63K Bronco ~$80K in my area.)

I don't mind paying Raptor prices for a Raptor/Ford Performance/RS Vehicle (I own a 2011 SVT Raptor and a 2017 Focus RS). For me, the Bronco at $80K in First Edition trim is not worth the extra price. The Bronco Raptor will likely be around $60-65K MSRP. ($12K more then Raptor's MSRP.) Dealers will mark them up and you'll be looking at a similar price tag as the First Edition. So the point I'm making is that First Edition pricing w/o the Ford Performance add ons is not worth it to me. I'll happily drive my Raptor for the next few years and add a Warthog to my garage if/when it makes sense.

These are just my opinions and the reason why I canceled my order. Everyone else feel free to do what makes you happy!

I hope the person that pays 80k for a Bronco posts about it.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I somewhat agree with the sentiment of this post (and own an EV and have a FE Bronco order I’m following through on).

But to argue that the ONE thing that can disrupt Bronco values is EV tech is... surprisingly short sighted. Any major sustained economic downturn can significantly impact used prices as well as the deals you’ll find on new cars.
You are absolutely correct about an economic downturn affecting all car prices. The reason I did not consider that is that generally during a downturn in the economy not only are prices of goods affected but also individuals purchasing power is affected. How this would effect each individual is impossible to predict.
you may be a lucky one and not be affected at all and be able to pick up a Bronco at 30% off last years price or you may lose your job and can’t afford a Pinto.
I should have said that all things being equal Bronco prices will only increase for the next 2-4 years.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck to those that have changed their minds. You gotta do what you gotta do. Me. I'm not going anywhere. When the first Broncos hit the dealers, I was too young to drive. When I finally got my license I couldn't afford one. When I was able to afford one it just didn't fit into my needs. Now I'm older, and if I wait any longer I'll be too damned old to drive. :)
TRUE THAT

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer here on LI NY has over 120 reservations with 38 Allocations with a 7/15 reservation I may be stuck till 22. In that case I may have to look at Jeeps .

Mjr0522

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar I Pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have finally made the decision to cancel my reservation. After watching how mismanaged the whole thing has been, I’ve lost confidence in what the end product will be. I’ve been underwhelmed by so many things (interior colors, rear AC vents, towing capacity, MIC top, strange option limitations, etc). I took my family to test drive a truck in same price range as my Bronco and it was so much nicer than I think the Bronco will be. Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone ends up happy.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have finally made the decision to cancel my reservation. After watching how mismanaged the whole thing has been, I’ve lost confidence in what the end product will be. I’ve been underwhelmed by so many things (interior colors, rear AC vents, towing capacity, MIC top, strange option limitations, etc). I took my family to test drive a truck in same price range as my Bronco and it was so much nicer than I think the Bronco will be. Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone ends up happy.