Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am surprisingly back in!

My wife has decided to take my reservation (which I luckily never canceled as to not give up the dream) and we submitted an order for the Outerbanks as it is the most inline with the vehicle it is replacing.

I believe we avoided the late availability items in hopes of getting an early delivery date.
Sponsored

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is probably blasphemy on these forums... but, this finally arrived (I cancelled a morning July 14th reservation a while ago - was going for the Badlands w/Sasquatch originally).

The wrenching has begun. ARB 12v twin compressor fills up the stock 33's incredibly quickly.

Bumpers and Sliders go on the next couple of weeks... can't wait for the roof rack where we're have our 270 degree awning and 4 person tent (to include the doggos).

20210314_181910.jpg

20210308_223305.jpg

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have officially defected.

I started this new car search looking for a pickup truck and after endless back and forth realized thatā€™s what I still needed and wanted. The good news is that this forum eventually led me to my new truck.

I ended up with a 2021 Ranger FX4 in carbonized grey with black appearance package.

A few thoughts for those buying a bronco:

The 2.3 is very strong and no one will be disappointed with it. I think with the gearing choices available to bronco buyers itā€™s going to make the motor feel even better if youā€™re getting big tires.

Donā€™t sleep on carbonized grey. It looks incredible in person.

The 10 speed is very nice in combination with the 2.3. It is smooth and responsive. I enjoy the combo in my ranger.

Lastly if you are in the market for something new and stuck between the bronco and a pickup truck. Do yourself a favor and look at the 5th gen ranger. If youā€™re looking for a pure rock crawler the bronco will certainly win but for the regular adventurist the ranger will get you where your going with a solid ride, interior, and something the bronco doesnā€™t have, a bed.

Im keeping my reservation but will change it to a code 99 to keep my dealerships allocation where it is. Thereā€™s a decent chance my wife will end up taking my order next year which would be changed to a base 4 door.

Iā€™m really looking forward to the bronco aftermarket and what it will mean for the 5g/6g rangers. The bronco isnā€™t directly the same as the current ranger but many components will carry over since the bronco isnā€™t a ground up build. Just a refresh to the platform of the current ranger. A big one will be wheels... the ranger wheel market is about to be sick.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Canyon, 2006 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I cancelled my 7/20 reservations today and purchased a 4Runner TRD Pro instead. I did stop at Ford dealer first and walk through my build. They wanted another $900 down to process the order and he was very clear that since I had Sasquatch package it wouldnā€™t be until ā€œsome time in 2022ā€ that I would get my Bronco. So instead of waiting Iā€™ll test out the 4Runner and if I donā€™t like it, Iā€™ll trade it when the Bronco availability picks up in a few years. At least I know what Iā€™m getting, will have it for this summer adventures, and it is well known to do everything I want off road.
It was a difficult decision because I fell in love with the Bronco the minute I saw it online. I think the most important factors in the decision were the uncertainty of when and the dealership experience I had. It was just very difficult for me to get answers initially and even this AM, I had an appointment but the guy left me waiting 20 minutes even though I was the only person there. Little things... but Iā€™ll definitely circle back and check the bro co out again later down the road. Iā€™ll certainly have a good trade in if the time comes.
Cancelled my 2 reservations and picked up a 2021 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium in Nautical Blue.. Love it.

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I Cancelled mine also because there are too many unknowns with pricing and when it will come in.Also with the chip shortage who knows when they will get them built.I saw where Ford is building f150ā€™s without the computers and parking them until they get the chips.GM is also doing the same thing I think it is going to cause the price to go way up when they do build them.

Sponsored

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I Cancelled mine also because there are too many unknowns with pricing and when it will come in.Also with the chip shortage who knows when they will get them built.I saw where Ford is building f150ā€™s without the computers and parking them until they get the chips.GM is also doing the same thing I think it is going to cause the price to go way up when they do build them.

what? How can the price go up?

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i ā€¢ Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I cancelled last week. Hopefully that will bump some other Middle TN folks up on the list.

I'll be in either an X5 or a GMC AT4. I have some more test driving to do to decide. In the end, Bronco launch being so drawn (COVID?), 1st year, and towing capacity limitation were the kickers.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called the dealership nearly a week ago and told them to cancel my order. They said they would but it's still showing as active at Ford.com. I suspect the dealership is going to try and keep the order and my deposit.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called the dealership nearly a week ago and told them to cancel my order. They said they would but it's still showing as active at Ford.com. I suspect the dealership is going to try and keep the order and my deposit.
Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread F48FD86F-B98B-40DC-B8E8-D52ABFCE8981

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a thread I remember seeing about those who want to wait for 2022 model.
I cannot find it. I missed the order deadline, so do I just wait for later in fall to put in an order when late 22 year options become available? I remember there was some Q & A regarding this question. If anyone knows where to find it I'd appreciate it. I was expecting that to be a sticky thread so it's easy to get to the Q & A, but didn't see it.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So who else is forester or bmw shopping?

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If pushed to 2022 and some dealers would not lock price without accessories.
Easier solution would have been to just switch dealers then.

Good luck with your new vehicle regardless. Let us know what you get.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Call ford customer care
Sponsored