Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why not just push your reservation to a MY22 or MY23 and wait for more options and features to be made available? If you’ve grown too impatient by this point to walk away and get something else, just keep the reservation and delay delay delay so when the bronco you fell in love with is available, you’ll be at the front of the line. I do like that bronco with the white as well, but I have no doubt within a few years that there will be so many color choices and schemes to choose and make it your own, just like ford has said they intended the bronco to be.

I agree. I wanted the colored roof Bronco the minute I saw it. I waited and waited but it didn't happen.

I couldn't wait any longer so I bought a Jeep. But I didn't cancel my Bronco order. I pushed it to MY23.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford doesn't make the Bronco you fell in love with. OK. Wasn't much of a love affair, was it? Was the love enough to reserve on 7/13-7/14 like most of us, or were you late to the party?

The Bronco as Ford sells it to you is the basis for making it into your own. Would be strange indeed if a mass produced vehicle met every want and desire you had. Unless you fit the perfect average consumer.

Ford is selling me a Bronco I will immediately start making changes to for my own needs. No one makes my perfect vehicle, except me.

Many on here were never buying a Bronco anyway, which is fine. There's lots of nice SUVs, or family sedans, or whatever it is you really need out there.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s a pretty good summary of the failings so far.

I’m enthusiastic about the Bronco, but not blind to the mis-steps.

I’m also very disappointed with the interior choices after what was shown in the original reveal vehicles. All interiors are very basic, and most are actually ugly. Fortunately I can live with the Badlands.

The communications has been horrible. it’s what they are not communicating that’s even worse than what they have. Even with a shortage of some commodities, they should have an idea of how many can be produced per week or per month at this point. Which means they should be able to have someone hack out a rough build schedule for every order… and let people know at least to a month when they could reasonably expect theirs to be built. But they seemingly can’t look out more than about a month. That’s pretty bad.

I actually expect this is going to get worse before it gets better. Nearly every major component that people actually want is in ridiculously short supply. And every month, or week, there’s more delays and something else that’s constrained. And I really feel for those with early reservations as that system seems pretty much dead. There will undoubtedly be people buying off the lot well before many reservations are taking delivery.

I expect a lot of order holders to look at alternatives as things drag on and a lot of money that was destined for Bronco to end up in other products. Some will celebrate that, but I think the more this launch degrades, the more it affects everyone. Compromise after compromise and delay after ends up tarnishing the whole product and program for everyone.

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I completely 100% agree with everything you have stated, OP. I think Ford completely failed to deliver the Bronco the way it should have and the best excuse everyone has right now is Covid which is unfortunate. As someone here mentioned, I have looked around number plus times for other options but keep getting pulled back to the Bronco. Will I stay if it’s past Q2 of next year? Probably not but I still have to make it to that point to make that decision.

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why not just push your reservation to a MY22 or MY23 and wait for more options and features to be made available? If you’ve grown too impatient by this point to walk away and get something else, just keep the reservation and delay delay delay so when the bronco you fell in love with is available, you’ll be at the front of the line. I do like that bronco with the white as well, but I have no doubt within a few years that there will be so many color choices and schemes to choose and make it your own, just like ford has said they intended the bronco to be.
Thanks for the input. I’m considering it. Really, I think the Bronco as we know it will be completely evolved by 2023 and I’ll be open to a new iteration. This was going to replace my truck. Now, I’ve decided to keep my truck. and replace my sedan as an alternative.

My bigger problem right now is really how Ford is operating. I’ve lost a lot of trust in dealing with Ford. It reminds me of dealing with a budget airliner when you’re half way to your destination and your flight gets cancelled. My post wasn’t intended to be a rant rather to highlight some of the experiences that stood out to me. Obviously they aren’t going to be important to everybody and that’s cool.

Last edited:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BenB007

1) While I didn't (and still don't) like the white door handles, tops, and all that, I feel for those that did. Many here really liked the Cyber Orange baseball leather interior and that isn't an option either. These were clearly custom builds that we never meant as production examples but Ford went forward with them as showpieces to sell the Bronco. That is misleading but I will say that this realization happened so long ago that I quite honestly forgot these existed. Build and Price (even as broken as it was) was something like 8 months ago now. Those Broncos do not exist in production and won't exist until a King Ranch or Limited trim level Bronco exists. Given the marketing since then, I don't see that being the case for a while.

2) I don't know about predatory, but I do agree with the timestamp elitist mentality that is so pervasive right now. The amount of people that hold a grudge for a couple hours of trying to place a reservation 11.5 months ago is ridiculous. I've also never seen so much chest-pounding about a "vehicles intended use" or the ability to drive a manual. Not a good look for the community.

3) Disagree with "good enough" mentality. The clearly targeted the competition. The white grille, handles, top with white leather interior ran counter to all subsequent marketing. This was never going to be a Lincoln or some other luxury vehicle. They shouldn't have marketed those concepts as production. See point 1.

4) Ford is doing the opposite of every other vehicle manufacturer out there in terms of trims and target audience. Tesla, GM, Rivian are all rolling out their top trims which have little interest to me. Not that I would be interested in an $80k base Hummer, but they are clearly targeting the wealthy that can blow $100k+ on a launch edition Hummer or a $70k+ midsize truck. Ford is targeting the average new car consumer. Maverick $20k, Bronco $30k, Lightning Pro $40k. They are going for volume over bespoke. MIC top vs Modular makes sense then.

5) Ford's communication sucks. I agree. I also think they really do have an issue on their hands and rather than not make another self imposed deadline they can't meet they just say wait and see. I can see why this is a make or break for many people. I was really looking forward to the May email so have some idea.

Final thoughts: No, people do not expect this as a norm. I think Ford has an issue with declaring upcoming products to early prior to them actually being available and their "Available Season 202X" is super misleading. F150 Tremor was announced in Fall 2020 with Available Summer 2021. Well, it is past summer solstice and you can only, just recently order one. There are no Tremors on the road. Same goes for other vehicles like Raptor, Maverick and Lightning. I have no faith that Ford will live up to marketing commitments. I won't be invested or participate in future product offerings from Ford like this in the future.

I've considered cancelling many times and looked at other vehicles but the Bronco hits the convertible, 4x4 at a price that I can live with. Nothing else exists in this market space besides Jeep and I think they are ugly and overpriced. 🤷‍♂️

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bigger problem right now is really how Ford is operating. I’ve lost a lot of trust in dealing with Ford. It reminds me of dealing with a budget airliner when you’re half way to your destination and your flight gets cancelled.
Heck, you're only talking about their initial promises. Wait until you get to actually own one of their vehicles!

"Ford models are known for crisp handling, absorbent ride, and solid feel. The EcoBoost engines typically have good performance, but fuel economy often doesn’t match the "Eco" hype. The truck and SUV versions are quite strong. Ford is reducing the number of cars it produces to focus its efforts on pickup trucks and SUVs, such as the new Bronco. Ford is also getting into the EV market with its all-new electric Mustang Mach-E SUV. Overall, most Fords have average or below average reliability according to our latest survey. The 2020 redesigned Explorer and Escape had dismal reliability. Just the Edge SUV is Ford’s only model to score above average."

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck, you're only talking about their initial promises. Wait until you get to actually own one of their vehicles!

"Ford models are known for crisp handling, absorbent ride, and solid feel. The EcoBoost engines typically have good performance, but fuel economy often doesn’t match the "Eco" hype. The truck and SUV versions are quite strong. Ford is reducing the number of cars it produces to focus its efforts on pickup trucks and SUVs, such as the new Bronco. Ford is also getting into the EV market with its all-new electric Mustang Mach-E SUV. Overall, most Fords have average or below average reliability according to our latest survey. The 2020 redesigned Explorer and Escape had dismal reliability. Just the Edge SUV is Ford’s only model to score above average."
oof...really? So should I expect this to be a junker at 60k?!

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OJ was a pretty good rock crawler at night, just not in a Bronco.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

oof...really? So should I expect this to be a junker at 60k?!
Don't get yourself down! Half the fun of ownership is in repairing your Ford!

Last edited:

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the input. I’m considering it. Really, I think the Bronco as we know it will be completely evolved by 2023 and I’ll be open to a new iteration. This was going to be my everyday driver. Now, I’ve decided to keep my old truck and replace my DD as an alternative.

My bigger problem right now is really how Ford is operating. I’ve lost a lot of trust in dealing with Ford. It reminds me of dealing with a budget airliner when you’re half way to your destination and your flight gets cancelled. My post wasn’t intended to be a rant rather to highlight some of the experiences that stood out to me. Obviously they aren’t going to be important to everybody and that’s cool.
I’m more understanding of ford because I actually have a build date 8/2, but completely agree they need to be more transparent and proactive with their customers communication. Don’t rely on dealerships to pass along info, just email customers directly with updates and news good or bad. I think what you’re getting at is the most disappointing aspect to how Ford has handled all the roadblocks along the way is waiting till the absolute last minute to send out communication, which by then it’s very bad because people have already formed their own opinions and explanations as to what’s happening. Just stay in front of whatever narrative you want to communicate and things would look and feel different I’m sure, instead of “dire” delays one after another.

Also some of their decisions on how to remedy the customer doesn’t make sense. The latest being the hardtop prep kit being made available for free…but only starting with September builds, which I will be left out of. Just send me the wires and everything in a box for free at a later date to my address and I’ll get it installed if the prep kit isn’t ready yet. But I do see how they are starting to give free options out to remedy the situation which I appreciate, just encompass every order holder and not only some.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly. We need a meme for all the people who like to read threads about other people leaving and then post memes about not needing to announce they are leaving.
Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread 907DAFEA-EC1E-4AC8-AA2F-BA141B58DECB

I think this is what you were looking for
Sponsored