cltshadow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually noticed some closed soft top noises (rattles/clicking) went away after installing the struts. I also adjusted a bunch of the latching brackets so I’m sure that helped as well but that was a few days later.
Were you having these noises near the front or back of your bronco? I’ve been having some similar rattling/clicking and it’s specifically in the area of the drivers side soft top latch right above my head while driving. No clicking when the top is flipped back halfway, but as soon as I fully close the top and latch it shut and then drive, it happens. Not a major deal but it’s mildly annoying. If I can’t find a fix oh well, but would be great if I can.
Sponsored

Bucker

Base
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually noticed my (Top Up) rattles disappeared after I installed the struts. I think the added pressure seats the top better to the body. Very happy so far.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Top up. I can't tell you if it's making noise over all the wind noise with the top down.
It's top up (or was) in my case. Someone else posted here they think it's the bar above the rear window making the noise from the added pressure.
Can’t say we’ve noticed that in ours, but it’s possible. The problem is, there‘s a ton of variables when you’re dealing with folding convertible tops. So many moving parts, different materials constantly in contact, even changing conditions can have an effect. If the parts are dusty, or there’s moisture in the air, you might hear different noises than if it’s clean and dry. Road conditions or even the tires you’re running can create noises, because there are different frequency vibrations running through the vehicle.

I don’t think the struts alone are to blame for the noises you’re hearing, but if you like it better with them off, I’m not here to tell you you’re wrong…

Were you having these noises near the front or back of your bronco? I’ve been having some similar rattling/clicking and it’s specifically in the area of the drivers side soft top latch right above my head while driving. No clicking when the top is flipped back halfway, but as soon as I fully close the top and latch it shut and then drive, it happens. Not a major deal but it’s mildly annoying. If I can’t find a fix oh well, but would be great if I can.
Ha! Now, that one I do have! 🤪

But honestly, I don’t care. It’s a convertible 4x4. You’re gonna have this… 💁🏻‍♂️

cltshadow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t say we’ve noticed that in ours, but it’s possible. The problem is, there‘s a ton of variables when you’re dealing with folding convertible tops. So many moving parts, different materials constantly in contact, even changing conditions can have an effect. If the parts are dusty, or there’s moisture in the air, you might hear different noises than if it’s clean and dry. Road conditions or even the tires you’re running can create noises, because there are different frequency vibrations running through the vehicle.

I don’t think the struts alone are to blame for the noises you’re hearing, but if you like it better with them off, I’m not here to tell you you’re wrong…

But honestly, I don’t care. It’s a convertible 4x4. You’re gonna have this… 💁🏻‍♂️
Fair enough and I’m with you. B6G is such a great resource but sometimes with the minor issues being reported, a bit of perspective goes a long way. These are convertible 4x4s! Happy with what I have.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I did to stop the noises, and the paint chipping issues:

I appreciate the video but adding felt to the pillar is a no go for me. Putting black adhesive over the roll bar destroys to the look of the painted pillar for me. I intend of removing my soft top entirely on occasion during this summer and it will look awkward with a piece of black tape over that area. I understand not everyone is this picky. I bought some velro tape and was going to put the soft side wrapped around the damaged struts and hope that does the trick. That should solve the uglyness, but really want an actual fix from IAG.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering all of the squeaking / creaking disappeared after removing them (and only appeared after installing them), yes I'd lay all the blame on the struts in my case.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found the spot. Not sure if the bolt there being tightened any would make a difference at all. @IAG Performance any ideas for cause or solution? I'm curious how much trouble it would be removing the strut on that side and seeing if the sound persists.

mine is doing this same thing! But i only get the crazy clicking noises with the top in the "first back" position. I haven't put it all the way down yet - but I get no noise with it up and in place...

Last edited:

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine are/were coming from the passenger side mid and rear brackets which were the ones I had to adjust the most to get them to latch correctly.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate the video but adding felt to the pillar is a no go for me. Putting black adhesive over the roll bar destroys to the look of the painted pillar for me. I intend of removing my soft top entirely on occasion during this summer and it will look awkward with a piece of black tape over that area. I understand not everyone is this picky. I bought some velro tape and was going to put the soft side wrapped around the damaged struts and hope that does the trick. That should solve the uglyness, but really want an actual fix from IAG.
Totally get it.

If I had more PPF available before heading out (and before the video) yesterday, I would have put PPF on the roll bar and just keep the felt on the strut. Wanted to put something out there as a quick fix.

I don't plan to take my top off completely, so this area is covered up when the soft top is folded down, for me. I'm sure IAG Performance will respond when they have a solution.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally get it.

If I had more PPF available before heading out (and before the video) yesterday, I would have put PPF on the roll bar and just keep the felt on the strut. Wanted to put something out there as a quick fix.

I don't plan to take my top off completely, so this area is covered up when the soft top is folded down, for me. I'm sure IAG Performance will respond when they have a solution.
Taking the top completely off is totally worth the effort. The Bronco looks best topless without doors!

Thanks for the video. I plan on putting Clear ppf in the chassis and felt on the strut. Hopefully IAG will respond soon with a proper solution that makes it clearance correct.

BTW @IAG Performance bad timing on your sale. Not a good look from those of us that pre-paid and waited for the first batch to have paid more and many now have paint damage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reports of rubbing on some IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits

It came to our attention this weekend that some clients have experienced an issue with their EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits. This issue can result in damage to the rear roll bar when the kits are installed. Prior to this weekend we had not seen this issue despite installations on multiple test vehicles and other internal and external testing.

The Problem:

Immediately after being notified of the issue we started to look into possible causes and solutions. We have discovered that there is some variation with the soft top frames and the way they are originally mounted on different vehicles which can cause the body of the EZ-Lift strut to contact the roll bar only when the top is fully lowered and locked in place. We have also discovered that the fabric of the soft top frame can get bunched up as the frame is closing, which pushes the strut into the roll bar. Helping to improve the overall rigidity of the soft top is part of the reason we originally designed the EZ-Lift System. We did not realize how much variation existed vehicle to vehicle. It’s important to understand that the majority of vehicles with the EZ-lift System installed have not experienced this issue. Currently it seems to affect less than ½ of 1% of units sold.

The Solution:

First, we want to apologize to anyone who has experienced this issue. We feel awful that this has happened. We always stand behind our products and will make this right for everyone affected. We are in the process of designing a replacement bracket as well as a change to future struts to drastically reduce the chances of contact. We expect to have the design finished this week and produced by next week. We will be sending a set of replacement brackets to all purchasers of the kit over the next few weeks, regardless of whether you have experienced any issues. With that in mind we would like to present two options:

Option 1:

If you have installed the product and experienced the rubbing issue we will be happy to provide replacement parts to correct the issue. We will also send a bottle of touch up paint and a new piece of paint protection film for each side of the roll bar. Furthermore, we will issue you a store credit for 25% of your purchase price of the product for your inconvenience.

How to Submit a Claim:

Please use the form below to request your Touch Up Paint and PPF Kit. This form will allow us to stay organized and ensure that all clients are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Claim Form

Option 2:

If you would like a refund for your purchase we fully understand and will issue an RMA with a return shipping label and refund your purchase 100% whether or not the product has been installed. If the product caused any damage to your vehicle we will provide you with a bottle of touch up paint as well as a piece of paint protection film to apply to the affected area. Please email [email protected] to request an RMA.

Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist 1647897156700

Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist 1647897166056

moab_b2

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It came to our attention this weekend that some clients have experienced an issue with their EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits. This issue can result in damage to the rear roll bar when the kits are installed. Prior to this weekend we had not seen this issue despite installations on multiple test vehicles and other internal and external testing.

The Problem:

Immediately after being notified of the issue we started to look into possible causes and solutions. We have discovered that there is some variation with the soft top frames and the way they are originally mounted on different vehicles which can cause the body of the EZ-Lift strut to contact the roll bar only when the top is fully lowered and locked in place. We have also discovered that the fabric of the soft top frame can get bunched up as the frame is closing, which pushes the strut into the roll bar. Helping to improve the overall rigidity of the soft top is part of the reason we originally designed the EZ-Lift System. We did not realize how much variation existed vehicle to vehicle. It’s important to understand that the majority of vehicles with the EZ-lift System installed have not experienced this issue. Currently it seems to affect less than ½ of 1% of units sold.

The Solution:

First, we want to apologize to anyone who has experienced this issue. We feel awful that this has happened. We always stand behind our products and will make this right for everyone affected. We are in the process of designing a replacement bracket as well as a change to future struts to drastically reduce the chances of contact. We expect to have the design finished this week and produced by next week. We will be sending a set of replacement brackets to all purchasers of the kit over the next few weeks, regardless of whether you have experienced any issues. With that in mind we would like to present two options:

Option 1:

If you have installed the product and experienced the rubbing issue we will be happy to provide replacement parts to correct the issue. We will also send a bottle of touch up paint and a new piece of paint protection film for each side of the roll bar. Furthermore, we will issue you a store credit for 25% of your purchase price of the product for your inconvenience.

How to Submit a Claim:

Please use the form below to request your Touch Up Paint and PPF Kit. This form will allow us to stay organized and ensure that all clients are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Claim Form

Option 2:

If you would like a refund for your purchase we fully understand and will issue an RMA with a return shipping label and refund your purchase 100% whether or not the product has been installed. If the product caused any damage to your vehicle we will provide you with a bottle of touch up paint as well as a piece of paint protection film to apply to the affected area. Please email [email protected] to request an RMA.

1647897156700.png

1647897166056.png
So I have been too busy to install my kit, but looks like it was a good thing that I was busy. I look forward to the the new brackets to correct (or possibly correct) the issue. Thanks for the quick response.

With that said, is there any ideas as to why there would be the squeeking/creaking noises a couple have had issues with?

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The Problem:

The Solution:

Option 1:

How to Submit a Claim:

Claim Form

Option 2:

1647897156700.png

1647897166056.png
Folks, this is proper customer service and a solution to the problem.

Well done and kudos to IAG for doing the right thing.

I haven't installed mine yet, as I don't yet have a Bronco and ETA is a mystery.

I'll be on the lookout for the revised brackets and will install those.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just got a box of our new parts, but no instructions for how to install. Can you please link a PDF of install instructions?
Sponsored