Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco "In this episode of TFL offroad, i buy a jeep instead of a bronco" fanboy

Just gotta say i used to sub and watch the videos they put out but it became clear after awhile how bias they were and the worst was how they don't even care enough to monitor hurtfull comments made towards others by the inbread hillbillies on there own comments section.
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it doesnt matter the video itself and the name of it is purposely basically an advertisement. "HERE IS WHY I DIDNT BUY A BRONCO AND BOUGHT A CHEAP JEEP INSTEAD"

this is literally something he could have kept to himself and revealed in some other future video in the commentary but he produced and shot a video specifically for it

its an advertisement and i would bet money he was paid for it
Making YouTube videos is his job. It would be insane for him to buy a car and NOT make a video on it.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bronco isn’t gonna kill the Wrangler. People are still going to prefer Wrangler even after actually driving both. Not a surprise. Not a concern. Not anything.

Why do people care so much if TFL or whomever agrees with their own purchase decision? Don’t depend on others for that type of validation.

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco isn’t gonna kill the Wrangler. People are still going to prefer Wrangler even after actually driving both. Not a surprise. Not a concern. Not anything.

Why do people care so much if TFL or whomever agrees with their own purchase decision? Don’t depend on others for that type of validation.
Most people drive jeeps because it’s the only SUV that has a removable top. That is no longer the case and the bronco drives much better on road and off

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suggest you watch it. In the video which was recorded weeks/days before the video was published he pulls out his phone and says he got a direct text from the ceo of jeep announcing the extreme recon package (jeepsquatch)

I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it does you, actually it doesn't bother me at all.

They are comparing Bronco to the Jeep, everybody is. While talking about the sasquatch package, he says he just heard from Jeep that they are coming out with a 35 package also ( albeit, not across all trims like the Bronco)....that is comparing the Bronco to the Jeep, it is relevant to the conversation. I don't get the blast.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the extra $2K the Willys Sport option adds some nice features:
- Alloy wheels with 32.1" T/A KM2's
- Rock rails
- Limited slip rear
- Rubicon suspension

Hoping Ford will do something similar for the lower end models... The BD is closest but it's also 5k more than the Base.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think he did a fine job. I'm a Bronco guy from way back, but I don't think anything he said is untrue. In my boredom while waiting I've run a Wrangler B&P, getting the same thing he did with an auto and hard top though. Price and probably performance was about the same as my non Sas BB. I like low tech (I like power locks though), so the Jeep wins there. I like the Bronco's extra 7 inches of length, but would prefer the narrower Jeep width (I had a Jeep LJ, perfect on both counts). So, because I'm a Ford guy and have been waiting for another Bronco for 15 years I'm all in, but I don't think you can fault his logic.

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People like different things, I don’t see why preferring a jeep is a big deal or makes a person a shill.

The fact that the Bronco is being considered as an equal to the Wrangler on Fords first try is extremely promising.
There is no problem with it... Unless you're telling people that your review youtube channel is unbiased. Either way, I couldn't give two shits about these guys (or any other channel for that matter) but I'm also not the ones trying to convince people I'm not biased.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I suggest you watch it. In the video which was recorded weeks/days before the video was published he pulls out his phone and says he got a direct text from the ceo of jeep announcing the extreme recon package (jeepsquatch)
I really don’t get why this is a big deal. Is it a faux pas to mention that Burger King also makes a burger when you’re in McDonalds?Ford wasn’t paying TFL for an extended commercial; they weren’t under contract to promote the Bronco. They were reviewing it. Tommy received a text from Jeep’s CEO, and any reporter worth their salt would go ahead and reveal that. He didn’t come out and say “Don’t wait a year and a half for a Bronco, go buy a Jeep!” All he did was let us know Jeep was going to have an answe for Bronco’s Sasquatch package. This is obviously not dissuading any Bronco customers from buying their Bronco, nor was it intended to. It just “breaking news”.

Some people on here seem to think they’re a part of the “Ford Bronco family”; and that “family” is in the mob. If someone offends their relations, they’re gonna make ‘em pay in blood. Seriously guys, chill.

@TFL: Thank you for Bronco Week (I thoroughly enjoyed the series!) AND for demonstrating the serious flaws of the Defender (a great looking vehicle I certainly considered buying rather than waiting for my Bronco). Thank you too for being a part of Bronco6G. Ignore the haters. There are far too many of them in the world these days.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t get why this is a big deal. Is it a faux pas to mention that Burger King also makes a burger when you’re in McDonalds?Ford wasn’t paying TFL for an extended commercial; they weren’t under contract to promote the Bronco. They were reviewing it. Tommy received a text from Jeep’s CEO, and any reporter worth their salt would go ahead and reveal that. He didn’t come out and say “Don’t wait a year and a half for a Bronco, go buy a Jeep!” All he did was let us know Jeep was going to have an answe for Bronco’s Sasquatch package. This is obviously not dissuading any Bronco customers from buying their Bronco, nor was it intended to. It just “breaking news”.

Some people on here seem to think they’re a part of the “Ford Bronco family”; and that “family” is in the mob. If someone offends their relations, they’re gonna make ‘em pay in blood. Seriously guys, chill.

@TFL: Thank you for Bronco Week (I thoroughly enjoyed the series!) AND for demonstrating the serious flaws of the Defender (a great looking vehicle I certainly considered buying rather than waiting for my Bronco). Thank you too for being a part of Bronco6G. Ignore the haters. There are far too many of them in the world these days.
"ford wasnt paying for a commercial"

yes they were lol off rodeo costs money

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having worked in the games industry for years, I'll always remember the on-going console wars. Sega vs. Nintendo, PlayStation vs. Xbox - etc. It never dawned on me that the same in-fighting could appear in the auto fanboy club. Dumb on me.

To be honest, who gives a shit what this guy thinks? I think he made valid points for himself, and why he chose a Willys vs. a New Bronco - the big factor being that he can get a Wrangler NOW vs. waiting till 2023 to get a Bronco that isn't marked up a shit ton.

To each their own. What you buy has NO effect on what I want. and vice versa. If anything, competition is great for us, the consumers. Wrangler has had this space all to themselves for far too long. And look what happened recently: Jeep is now offering 35's on a Rubicon to compete with the Sasquatch Package. Everybody wins.

Some like small vehicles, some like large, some like wide, some like narrow. It's like every dude I went to high school, each who preferred a different-sized ass vs. his friends. Different strokes for different folks.

And before people start screaming "DISINFORMATION!", it is not the responsibility of the content creator (in this case) to give you all the information on both sides of the aisle. He stated what he likes, what he prefers, and if this video sways a consumer one way or the other into purchasing something different - that is on the consumer. Unless Tommy says anything short of "If you buy a Big 2021 Bronco, you'll get a scorching case of herpes the minute you touch it!" - It falls on the consumer to do his or her's research, and make the best decision for themselves.

We are all here because we love Bronco. I'm sure there is a forum out there where everyone loves Jeep. Don't let one person's opinion exacerbate your buyer's remorse - so much so that your own securities get the better of you, and you have to flock to a message forum or YT comment section to call "BULLSHIT!". It's just a truck. You either love it, or you don't.

In the end, it's about having an open-air vehicle that can pound the dirt trails with precision, or just make you look REALLY FUCKING COOL while driving it around town. A win-win.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent video pointing to facts that are initially overlooked by many people, but later realized after owning the vehicle a few months. It sure convinced me that there is no ONE vehicle fits all. Some rather have a certain badge or nameplate, some rather have a certain look and color, some want reliability and durability more than anything, and others want the practicality and good price.
So, not everybody will like a Bronco and not everybody will like a Jeep. These kinds of videos help people make an informed purchase.

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look at all these adults trying and succeeding in coming off as petulant children. Then again, this is the extreme 1-2% of Bronco reservation holders (fanboys?), so this was entirely expected right after I saw the video and hopped over to this forum. As for the whole "hE rEad tHe jEEp CEO's TeXt!!", do we really honestly believe the Ford marketing monster is that fragile that a single off-hand comment would hurt anything at all other than people's feelings on this forum?
Sponsored