First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Been looking at getting a Bronco and when talking with my dealer they asked if i had drove one, i said no. They said some poeple do not like how load they are inside.

If i bought one it would have the hard top.

Are they really that load inside people are trading them in? Or is he being dramatic?
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2-door is quiet as a mouse.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The faster you go the louder it gets. Definitely can’t use Bluetooth for a phone conversation on the freeway.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not unbearably loud by any means. The loudest part on mine is the hardtop. I have a minor squeek at an alignment pin above the passenger seat (just procrastinating taking the top off and wrapping the pins). The hardtop also squeeks during the recent snow/ice (maybe need some silicone lube on the seals).

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's all subjective. Some say they are loud, some not. My two door is not loud but there is noise...not enough to drown out the radio or conversation. Not annoyingly loud. There is a post in here on what you can do, some little modifications to make the hard top quieter.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a soft top and it's definitely louder than a hard top vehicle. However, I can have a normal conversation and have my music at a reasonable volume without issue. Talking on my phone via Bluetooth is a bit harder to do though. But I'm happy with the noise level and knew what I was getting into when I bought a soft top vehicle - I'd say it's better than I expected, never having a soft top vehicle before.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man what a great salesman, was he just trying to sell you an Explorer they had in stock? Lol

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are coming from a Jeep, they are very quiet. If your coming from a luxury vehicle lexus/acura etc, then ya you are gonna notice road and wind noise. Just so long as you know what you are buying! I think most early buyers were well aware that the Bronco is a Wrangler competitor and not meant to be perfectly quiet, so I doubt anybody has traded theirs in because of road noise unless they had the wrong expectations for this vehicle type

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take an adventure to a dealer with one on the lot, best case is they would have one of each top there. Drive it yourself, make your own assessment.
Too loud is a relative and subjective term.
My Soft Top is louder than my crew cab truck, quieter than my convertible Cobra, way quieter than my TJ soft top was.
Many times quieter than my motorcycle.
It’s as-expected or better-than-expected, depending on outside wind speed/direction.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been looking at getting a Bronco and when talking with my dealer they asked if i had drove one, i said no. They said some poeple do not like how load they are inside.

Are they really that load inside people are trading them in? Or is he being dramatic?
If they're saying people are trading them because of road/wind noise, they're not being dramatic, but the people who are trading them are.

Yes, they're loud. Even with the hard top. They have a removable top and make bricks look aerodynamic.

You're gonna have noise.

Is it like riding with your head out the window? No... not always... get the right head/crosswind, yeah.

That said, it depends. :)

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The faster you go the louder it gets. Definitely can’t use Bluetooth for a phone conversation on the freeway.
I don't agree with this at all. I have a hard top.

It's not noticeably louder than my 2002 xterra it replaced.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

They are louder than a passenger car or SUV because the roof is removable and thus is somewhat noisy. If you add stuff to the roof like a rack, it makes more noise.
If you have base all season tires then you don't get as much road noise.
If you have the sasquatch package and tires, then you get more road noise.
The faster you go the more wind noise you will have.
My 75-year-old mother is a soft talker and if we are booking 70mph down the highway she struggles to talk loud enough for me to hear her clear.

The soft top is louder.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

everything in life is a trade off.....

Yes, you can hear some wind noise, especially compared to a car
No, nobody's trading it in because of that.
Yes, the wind noise will be even louder when I take the top and doors off this summer......

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'22 Lux non-SAS Badlands with insulated MIC, although there is noise the top itself is quiet, so that most likely comes from the brick aerodynamics. Mine is really nice inside, where you can talk quietly and hear the radio; overall I'd rate it at a lot better than I anticipated.
Sponsored