First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have on order an OB with the Lux package. Pretty pricey. Keep seeing posts and YouTube videos about how bad the speakers are in the upgraded system. Anyone enjoying it? Is Lux the only way to get the larger screen in an Outer Banks?
Sponsored

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a '22 badlands lux and I have zero complaints with it. In my opinion, it is noticeably better than the premium Harmon Kardon system in my previous BMW (2011 328i wagon). Is it a life changing aural experience? No... but I'm not a hardcore audiophile so for me it gets the job done no problem.

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Audiophile response on this forum is typically, "Yes, it is awful - especially considering it is an 'upgraded' system you are paying a premium for."

For non-audiophiles, "It's better than what I had previously! :) "

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have mixed feelings about it - I am considering trying the basics I have read and replacing just the dash and back for 3-400$ as most people notice a decent difference. It is not bad, but I will say the sound in my 2017 f150 was better overall (that being said they are apples and oranges in that I have a soft top)

Lanshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're going to get a lot of different answers because it very much depends on the music genre and/or the song. And it's not just 'oh you can't play hip hop.' I find something like Eryah Badu, most of her songs absolutely slap at high levels. Whereas other music by Common, recorded mostly at the same time/place, fall very very flat. It's really weird. You'll probably find it plays your music at moderate volume really well 80% of the time. Its that 20% that will leave you trying to decide if you want to drop another 1k+ on audio parts. It can be acceptable for a premium audio system, but it isn't consistently so and certainly cannot maintain the quality with volume. My only other experience is with Infiniti/Nissan Bose systems (like 5 different vehicles) and they all were MUCH more consistent and capable at higher volume.

I'm kinda old, worried about tinnitus getting worse, and these days car audio is probably one of the lowest priorities I have... and every day I get a little closer to justifying at least swapping out the speakers.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you’ve ever upgraded a previous car stereo, it’s awful…….
If you’ve only had stock stereos in previous cars, it’s pretty good.

Sponsored

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does cost more to upgrade, as well, if you don't like the sound. As in the adapters (wiring harnesses adapters), if you don't want to be cutting wires and such.

Also, my 2 door high package sounded pretty good compared to my sister's 4 door with basic package. It is my understanding there is no difference in the audio between those packages. I still wanted more and since I was adding a sub anyway, I was going to need to buy a harness anyway. For what it's worth, I wouldn't get lux for the B&O.

I noticed the B&O harness was another $4xx more, which was more than double the price of the regular harness itself.

Last edited:

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can get the large screen on the high pkg

I would not purchase the Lux just for the B&O, use those funds for an aftermarket upgrade
but it's ok if your wanting the other upgrades that come with it

I'm not an audiophile by any means but I did replace all the speakers with the exception of the sub
much better mids, highs and range that I'm actually very happy with

I'll probably do the sub in the near future

PG_Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a big bend originally, now that sound system was AWFUL! The first thing I did was replace all speakers. I now have an outer banks with the Lux and am very satisfied with the audio if that helps! Night and day difference between the 2

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not that bad, but it's not that good. My 06 TRD Off-road Tacoma had a better sound system.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Audiophile response on this forum is typically, "Yes, it is awful - especially considering it is an 'upgraded' system you are paying a premium for."

For non-audiophiles, "It's better than what I had previously! :) "
to your point, much better than what I had. lol (2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend)

I usually keep it around 10-15. Audiobooks and podcasts are at 20-25. I think it’s fine. I’m not trying to thump around though. If I cranked it up, it might be a different story.
Sponsored