First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat—>Honda Odyssey—>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well add me to the list. I can hear the scraping noise after its first night of rest. About 24 degrees and 40 miles. I wasn’t even listening for it and I noticed the noise. Will be paying attention to it but probably won’t bring it in until it’s first check up.
Sponsored

volkswaben

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74' Cherokee, 70' Bug
Your Bronco Model
Base
Count me in. Just over 100 miles and can hear it clearly, especially when the doors are closed and it comes down off high idle. Took a short vid.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Count me in. Just over 100 miles and can hear it clearly, especially when the doors are closed and it comes down off high idle. Took a short vid.
I can hear it on yours. The engine idle drowns it out a little but i can hear it. Sorry but welcome to the club. Most of us are looking at the Feb-March Time frames for first TSB to be performed. Confidences is weary that it'll solve or prevent it from happening again.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it the kind of uneven lower register knocking sound in the background, or the steady sort of whine more in the foreground? Maybe I'm hard of hearing or just use to older noisy 4x4s, but I've had trouble picking out the offending sound from the various recordings.

Not sure what to make of this situation, does every manual owner have this issue, but maybe some don't realize it yet? Or is it only a subset of owners that got a bad batch, hard to tell.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well add me to the list. I can hear the scraping noise after its first night of rest. About 24 degrees and 40 miles. I wasn’t even listening for it and I noticed the noise. Will be paying attention to it but probably won’t bring it in until it’s first check up.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it the kind of uneven lower register knocking sound in the background, or the steady sort of whine more in the foreground? Maybe I'm hard of hearing or just use to older noisy 4x4s, but I've had trouble picking out the offending sound from the various recordings.

Not sure what to make of this situation, does every manual owner have this issue, but maybe some don't realize it yet? Or is it only a subset of owners that got a bad batch, hard to tell.
Check my video on the 1st post in this thread. I feel it's pretty noticable compared to other submissions. It's a scrapping dragging sound, almost sound like bubbles in a pump. Not steady sound but variable yet constant during warm up and higher revving. When I go to under the vehicle near trans in that video it's very noticable.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check my video on the 1st post in this thread. I feel it's pretty noticable compared to other submissions. It's a scrapping dragging sound, almost sound like bubbles in a pump. Not steady sound but variable yet constant during warm up and higher revving. When I go to under the vehicle near trans in that video it's very noticable.
And to add, I have a feeling a lot of owners haven't caught it yet but I don't think it's all 7MTs. There is definitely a large number of us. Roughly 200 here alone.

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat—>Honda Odyssey—>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have we all concluded that this FoMoCo account is a bot? Has anyone ever sent a DM and gotten assistance? Not in the mood to chase a bot on a public forum.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have we all concluded that this FoMoCo account is a bot? Has anyone ever sent a DM and gotten assistance? Not in the mood to chase a bot on a public forum.
Its a bot but monitored by a team. I replied to them. This was the result. They called me, the person on the other end seemed like it was day 1 on the job. could not communicate well and seemed really unknowledgeable. They reached out to my dealer after hours which they were closed. A few days later they attempted again and then reached out to me via email. Told me my dealer closed the repair order and i would have to take my vehicle back to them to get the ticket reopened. I talked to my dealer and they said this was not true that the repair is still in the system and I don't have to go back in. That we are just waiting on the last part to arrive for the TSB, which is apparently is clip of sorts? so the FoMoCo is pretty much zero help and created more headache for me chasing down inaccurate info.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF these bot posts are just that - maybe the mods could step in and either block them

We have all seen enough of these posts to know they are useless

Sponsored
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well according to another poll it's over 120 at least and that's just owners who are part of the forum. Poor people picking up their long awaited MY23s and reporting the issue on day 1 drive home. The TSB is issued and 1 report of it being done just 2 weeks ago. The TSB replaces parts with same parts and we are all being told by our dealers the parts are back ordered or labor shortage and it'll be months before it can be attempted.

I would say if you don't have the 7MT or this issue you probably don't know what we are all going through but I have kindly supplied all the links at the beginning of the thread and will update as needed.
Over 175 now haha.... So not just a couple

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had a side convo with another user. Good point brought up. If enough of us file safety complaint with NHTSA this would help hold FORD accountable to fix the issue. In previous MT model mishaps FORD simply walked away from the issue, stuck consumers with bad transmissions and then stopped producing them. I personally dem it as a safety concern in time and we can all argue that regardless if we currently don't experience perfomrance issues. Who wants to be on a 75mph freeway get locked out of their gears, putting anyone in the vehicle in harms way should you get stranded in the center of the freeway?

I will file today and adding this to main page.

🔎 🔎 🔎 File NHTSA Vehicle Safety Complaint/Concern🔎🔎🔎

SIDE CONVO
believe it would be a good idea for those that actually have the issue to file a complaint with the NHTSA. The noise may not be safety related now but could potentially turn into one later. I held off saying anything but then came across this article about the Mustang. Supposedly Getrag redesigned the Bronco transmission (MT88) taking into account the Mustang issues. After reading this though, it becomes painfully clear there will most likely be no fix so more documentation would be good to have.

First what they claim to have improved.

Getrag builds the all new 7-speed, which Ford calls the MT88. The good news is that it is a new design and not based on the Getrag MT82 six-speed that comes in the Mustang. Shifting has been improved over the six-speed by moving more of the driven gears to the input shaft rather than the output shaft, which reduces the synchronized mass during shifts.

Then about the Mustang issues.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/mustang-mt82-transmission-woes-lead-to-new-class-action-lawsuit/

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had a side convo with another user. Good point brought up. If enough of us file safety complaint with NHTSA this would help hold FORD accountable to fix the issue. In previous MT model mishaps FORD simply walked away from the issue, stuck consumers with bad transmissions and then stopped producing them. I personally dem it as a safety concern in time and we can all argue that regardless if we currently don't experience perfomrance issues. Who wants to be on a 75mph freeway get locked out of their gears, putting anyone in the vehicle in harms way should you get stranded in the center of the freeway?

I will file today and adding this to main page.

🔎 🔎 🔎 File NHTSA Vehicle Safety Complaint/Concern🔎🔎🔎

SIDE CONVO
believe it would be a good idea for those that actually have the issue to file a complaint with the NHTSA. The noise may not be safety related now but could potentially turn into one later. I held off saying anything but then came across this article about the Mustang. Supposedly Getrag redesigned the Bronco transmission (MT88) taking into account the Mustang issues. After reading this though, it becomes painfully clear there will most likely be no fix so more documentation would be good to have.

First what they claim to have improved.

Getrag builds the all new 7-speed, which Ford calls the MT88. The good news is that it is a new design and not based on the Getrag MT82 six-speed that comes in the Mustang. Shifting has been improved over the six-speed by moving more of the driven gears to the input shaft rather than the output shaft, which reduces the synchronized mass during shifts.

Then about the Mustang issues.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/mustang-mt82-transmission-woes-lead-to-new-class-action-lawsuit/
Ford Bronco Is your 7MT manual transmission making grinding / scraping noise too? Spreadsheet, Video and all resources for rotational scraping noise in the 7MT's 1675203022170

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been a few updates to the original post. Feel free to review and share any other good finds.
Sponsored