Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What all did you have to do after your lease ended? Do we have to go to the dealer and let them know, call Ford credit or what?
Contact Ford Credit directly, the lease extension has nothing to do with the dealer. If you decide to purchase the vehicle, instead of extending the lease, then you’ll have to go to the dealer.
Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Contact Ford Credit directly, the lease extension has nothing to do with the dealer. If you decide to purchase the vehicle, instead of extending the lease, then you’ll have to go to the dealer.
Thank you! Didn’t think we’d have to extend our lease but here we are with no build date in sight so it’s our only choice!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you! Didn’t think we’d have to extend our lease but here we are with no build date in sight so it’s our only choice!
Good Luck!

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Already jumped ship and bought a 2021 gladiator rubicon. So impressed! Took it to Moab and had a blast for 5k mikes before I traded in for a new 2021 tundra, last of the old school trucks. I loved the Jeep in so many ways, but it wasn’t my preference for a daily driver. Just a bit cramped, typical Jeep driving fatigue (wandering), and not *quite* enough power out of the V6.

So now I have my Tundra limited for my daily, with a basesquatch bronco on order. I would be getting another Jeep wrangler rubicon, as they are amazing, just not for a daily driver. But I get more vehicle for my money with the bronco. 35’s, locked, geared, 400hp for $45k???!!! Jeep can’t touch that. Plus, if it impresses me enough, it might move into daily driver status and the tundra will live in the driveway.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally gave in as I needed a replacement vehicle and since my build is on the constraint purgatory list (BL, MIC, 2.7, SAS) and I would be lucky to get a MY22, I decided to pick up a Tacoma TRD for way less than the $56k MSRP of the Bronco. It’s a surprisingly fun little truck…hopefully Ford is taking note of how many sales they’re losing due to their inability meet their commitments.

Sponsored

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered Plan B today. Suzuki DF200A. I might actually see it by May/June.....:) Merc is 52 weeks out and Yamaha is just an unknown. If you think constraints are a problem in the auto world - go buy a boat.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered Plan B today. Suzuki DF200A. I might actually see it by May/June.....:) Merc is 52 weeks out and Yamaha is just an unknown. If you think constraints are a problem in the auto world - go buy a boat.
I’m seeing a lot of Suzuki outboards the last couple of years and their owners rave about them. It’s hard to believe, but the entire marine supply chain is more messed up than the automotive one.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Already jumped ship and bought a 2021 gladiator rubicon. So impressed! Took it to Moab and had a blast for 5k mikes before I traded in for a new 2021 tundra, last of the old school trucks. I loved the Jeep in so many ways, but it wasn’t my preference for a daily driver. Just a bit cramped, typical Jeep driving fatigue (wandering), and not *quite* enough power out of the V6.

So now I have my Tundra limited for my daily, with a basesquatch bronco on order. I would be getting another Jeep wrangler rubicon, as they are amazing, just not for a daily driver. But I get more vehicle for my money with the bronco. 35’s, locked, geared, 400hp for $45k???!!! Jeep can’t touch that. Plus, if it impresses me enough, it might move into daily driver status and the tundra will live in the driveway.
Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator Rubicon are in my list now. Found a broker/dealer that will do up to 9% off MSRP. I like the 4xe but too many reports of it just stopping dead in the road. Will get worked out. A loaded up JLU Recon could be fun for a few years. I did get a chance to drive (we rented) a Bronco Sport Badlands in Montana and it did great in the snow. I REALLY like the new Tundra and the hybrid engine but big/long vehicles are a PITA where I live.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ended up going with a '22 4Runner SR5 Premium. I see Carmax selling the same trim/year for about 10k more than I paid, which makes me hopeful that I can offload w/o too much loss or effort when 'ol Bronco comes around. Hopefully I'm not too attached to the 4runner by then, haha.

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree! It’s not just a FORD thing although post you read would make you think FORD doesn’t really want to build or sell more Bronco’s. I’m sure they are doing everything within their control to build more Bronco’s. That is why you can order an unconstrained Bronco if a dealer has allocation and get it built and delivered in 3-4 months. They need to sell and deliver whatever they can

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally gave in as I needed a replacement vehicle and since my build is on the constraint purgatory list (BL, MIC, 2.7, SAS) and I would be lucky to get a MY22, I decided to pick up a Tacoma TRD for way less than the $56k MSRP of the Bronco. It’s a surprisingly fun little truck…hopefully Ford is taking note of how many sales they’re losing due to their inability meet their commitments.
Unfortunately they aren’t losing sales as plenty of people are still lining up. The real shame is losing the people that will turn it into a lifestyle vehicle like a jeep. And no I am not talking about mall crawlers.

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I currently have a 2020 Chevy ZR2 Bison set up to overland without trailer.

It has been trouble free and even with three wheeling trips to Colorado from Wisconsin, mileage is at ~13000.

My white Base 2.7 SAS 2dr is in production. I ordered this a while ago and am now having second thoughts. I would appreciate any input. Won’t be able to take near the number of toys without a trailer with the bronco, but it will be a lot more capable for the few times I’m able to go off road.

My thought is to keep both for two to three months and decide which suits me best.

D744210D-A1FA-4334-985F-AB230DFF5723.jpeg

72DC515B-DC06-480B-94FC-B6FBEA18DECF.jpeg

7FB7C6D4-7FD7-489C-854E-8BAF386E9B03.jpeg

964E44EF-CABD-4EDE-A64D-69412709E08D.jpeg

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison