First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here , I think spending $300 on kick panel speakers that sound not as good as the original ones was probably a bad move. Other than that Im happy with the install, one con is that the sub only sounds good when is at high volume. Low volume sounds like rattle of popping.
The original speakers have that foam gasketing tape around the cone that insulates the moving speaker from the kick panels grill. I would suggest taking the kick panels off and putting some closed cell foam tape (weather stripping) around the outside perimeter of the speaker surround. The rattling/pooping is possibly the speaker surround touching the grill on the kick panels. You could also try just taking off the square grill off the kick panels and see if that makes the noises stop. Good luck.

Christoefur

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original speakers have that foam gasketing tape around the cone that insulates the moving speaker from the kick panels grill. I would suggest taking the kick panels off and putting some closed cell foam tape (weather stripping) around the outside perimeter of the speaker surround. The rattling/pooping is possibly the speaker surround touching the grill on the kick panels. You could also try just taking off the square grill off the kick panels and see if that makes the noises stop. Good luck.
I just read this again and realized you were talking about the sub rattling. I was referring to the kick panels replacement speakers not sounding good. My mistake.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I had a couple questions-my system doesn't quite sound right (I blewout my sub and was messing with some settings after I replaced it) so I want to recalibrate the Key200.4 with my Key500.1

On your Key200.4, what settings are you using for Hi pass dipswitches? I currently have kicker speakers in the dash and kickpanels.

I have the kicker bass remote for my 500.1, if that is turned all the way CCW, that would kill any output from the sub during pink noise test? Or should I just remove the input to the 500?

Sponsored

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I followed the video, plug my harness into the bottom of the head unit, as well as the amp, and then back out to the plug that the factory had connected to the head originally. Unfortunately, I have no sound and the PWR light on the amp is not illuminated. Any idea what I could have done wrong?

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I followed the video, plug my harness into the bottom of the head unit, as well as the amp, and then back out to the plug that the factory had connected to the head originally. Unfortunately, I have no sound and the PWR light on the amp is not illuminated. Any idea what I could have done wrong?
Have you checked the fuse on the amp?

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you checked the fuse on the amp?
I figured it out. I had to flip the first dip switch to the down position. It switched from 12v to something else (I forget what they called it). After that, it worked.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure if this is been posted or not (I went through the thread at one point in time), but based on my issues with the Key 200.4 and 500.1 Amps, here are some things to watch out for that might trip you up.

On my Key 200.4, I have the Auto turn-on, compression, Kicker EQ and Hi pass dip switches in the on or upper position.

I ran this setup for the pink noise test

1. Reset the amp to default setting (hold the mic button down for 10 seconds - you'll hear a long beep).
2. Turn the amp gains ALL the way down (CCW)
3. Set the head unit EQ (Treble, Bass, Mids) where you WANT it.
4. Play the Kicker pink noise and turn the volume up until you see the LIMITER LED, then back the volume off one click - that's your MAX volume
5. Run the Kicker DSP setup with the pink noise on your max volume setting
6. After setup completes, click the mic button once, pink noise starts again. Now w/ pink noise playing at the SAME volume, turn each gain up until you hit the limiter LED, then back it off a bit.
7. Test the sound and see what you think.

The other thing that isn't mentioned that you need to change the sound settings under settings. Make sure you turn off speed compensated volume, occupancy mode is set to all instead of just driver. After I did this I noticed a huge improvement in bass coming from the kick panels, which seems to be a common complaint. I'm running the suggest kicker speakers from Critchfield and have the Ford sub enclosure with a Kicker RT 8 inch Low Profile sub.

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure if this is been posted or not (I went through the thread at one point in time), but based on my issues with the Key 200.4 and 500.1 Amps, here are some things to watch out for that might trip you up.

On my Key 200.4, I have the Auto turn-on, compression, Kicker EQ and Hi pass dip switches in the on or upper position.

I ran this setup for the pink noise test

1. Reset the amp to default setting (hold the mic button down for 10 seconds - you'll hear a long beep).
2. Turn the amp gains ALL the way down (CCW)
3. Set the head unit EQ (Treble, Bass, Mids) where you WANT it.
4. Play the Kicker pink noise and turn the volume up until you see the LIMITER LED, then back the volume off one click - that's your MAX volume
5. Run the Kicker DSP setup with the pink noise on your max volume setting
6. After setup completes, click the mic button once, pink noise starts again. Now w/ pink noise playing at the SAME volume, turn each gain up until you hit the limiter LED, then back it off a bit.
7. Test the sound and see what you think.

The other thing that isn't mentioned that you need to change the sound settings under settings. Make sure you turn off speed compensated volume, occupancy mode is set to all instead of just driver. After I did this I noticed a huge improvement in bass coming from the kick panels, which seems to be a common complaint. I'm running the suggest kicker speakers from Critchfield and have the Ford sub enclosure with a Kicker RT 8 inch Low Profile sub.
Hell yeah! When I finished installing mine I didn’t even mess with the settings because I thought it sounded good enough. The Occupancy and Speed Compensation adjustments kicked it up.
thank you !!!

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So can the key amp accommodate a setup if i was to put a 6.5 mid woofer in the side footwell and replace the 4” dash speaker with just a tweeter? Would that require additional wiring or anything>

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would just have to wire in the included crossover box in the kick panel. Should be easy.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can the KEY 500.1 drive 2 subwoofer Drivers?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does adding the kicker KEY 200.4 fix the issue with no bass signals going to the rear pods? Or does it still require some reprogramming of the head unit?
Sponsored