Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. Dropped it on a thumb-drive and worked like a champ. It also appears that I wasn't playing the test loud enough.
I bought the kit
No bronco yet
You put the file on a thumb drive plug it into the radio and play it through the head unit? Or am I missing something
Sponsored

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a Kicker Key 200.4 amp in my BaseSquatch today and it made a HUGE difference. It was a straight forward install that took about an hour and a half. The install was made easy because of the harness from plugnplaykits.com. There was no need to cut, splice or drill anything. As you will see in the video below, it litterally was a plug and play operation.

The Kicker Key amp has a build-in automatic DSP that fixes Ford's terrible signal as well as adding 50 watts per channel. The combination is amazing. I have a nice 3 way component speaker set waiting to install in the front and now I'm not even sure I will bother. That is just how big of improvement this is.

I have suspected that Ford is intentionally degrading the sound quality of the base system in an effort to get customers to upgrade to the B&O. These amp and more importantly the smart DSP that is integrated in it really brings the entire stereo to life. Spend you money on this before you spend it on speakers. Good speakers can't fix low power and poor signal.

I put together a quick installation video but wasn't able to show the self tuning step because I needed my phone to play the kicker pink noise DSP turning track. If you want to see that step other installation videos show you how to do that.

Edit: the harness and amp are "Kit 11". Here is the direct link to the bronco kits.
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

This is great, thanks for the video.

Has anyone tried to mount this in the glove compartment vs up inside the dash?

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow just wow!!!!

I installed the kicker key this morning and I am finally happy with the stereo.

I installed polk audios about 6 months ago and it was better then I had my dealer instal the jbl software for the rear speakers to get full range and it made it helped but the kicker key amplifier knocked it out of the park and the plug and play kit mad it simple.

Thanks BRONCO6G
Where did you mount your key amp?

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is very important that after you buy the kicker key amplifier and you scan the QR code and read the directions that come with the amplifier . I’m getting to many customers saying that their amp doesn’t work after plugging in the harness because people aren’t properly setting up the dip switches

Sponsored

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As Kiicker key amps have been on national back order since last year with no ETA on when more will be available due to kick or not being able to get micro chips to complete production in China these amps are pretty scarce to fine I do have other options for a four channel amp and the only difference is you need to connect power and ground other than that everything else is plug and play I do offer an Audiocontrol ECM 4.300 which is pretty much the same exact size as the kicker key with the same power rating .

https://plugnplaykits.com/collectio...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130699391166
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 67604228-E84E-414F-AC45-E3983B37EA6A

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is great, thanks for the video.

Has anyone tried to mount this in the glove compartment vs up inside the dash?
My Kicker Key is resting in the top-most portion of Mabett’s glove box organizer and it fits perfectly there. There didn’t seem to be enough slack in the PNP harness to route it over to under the steering column like I have seen in other posts. I also tried OP’s solution of mounting the Key to a small piece of hdpe and securing it to the rails above the glove box, but there didn’t seem to be enough room with my setup for the glove box to close properly. I do appreciate the ability to lock the glove box so the Key is not easily accessible to smash and grabbers. Once Mabett’s tonneau cover if available from Amazon, I will be able to actually hide my “Hideaway” sub as well. Diabolical’s sliding drawer may be perfect and dual-purpose for leveling the cargo floor for camping AND hiding the sub, but will have to save up some beans for that sweet solution and see how others like it once it’s available.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought the kit
No bronco yet
You put the file on a thumb drive plug it into the radio and play it through the head unit? Or am I missing something
Yes, just plug it into the USB port

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I followed the instructions and this thing worked like a champ. Thank you @67BroncoG1 !!!

One question though; I haven't mounted the amp yet. I noticed the power light on the amp is still lit even after I turn off the car and exit the vehicle. Is this normal? I would expect this to shut off once the radio / car is off. I have "radio detect" pushed in.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I followed the instructions and this thing worked like a champ. Thank you @67BroncoG1 !!!

One question though; I haven't mounted the amp yet. I noticed the power light on the amp is still lit even after I turn off the car and exit the vehicle. Is this normal? I would expect this to shut off once the radio / car is off. I have "radio detect" pushed in.
Well nevermind. I went out and saw the light was off. I dont think the Bronco turns "off" until several minutes after turning the car off.

Sponsored

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you powering all 6 speakers with the Kicker KEY? If so I don't think the DSP will work correctly. In order for the DSP to work correctly, you would need to bi-amp the fronts. If you are running all 6 speakers with 4 channels, there will be a compromise. The DSP works by automatically adjusting the crossover and time delay to each speaker. When the front stage is wired in parallel, the amp is trying to adjust time delay and the crossover points to 2 different speakers on a single channel at the same time. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this is possible which is why it sounded better with it turned off.
How do you turn off DSP on the kicker 200.4?

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the plug play kit with the sub out. I have the key 200.4 and 500.1. I am assuming I need to provide power to both? what kind of wire do I need, anyone with a link? I assume I have to figure out how to get to the battery?

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well nevermind. I went out and saw the light was off. I dont think the Bronco turns "off" until several minutes after turning the car off.
Correct that’s how Ford works the computer doesn’t shut off until the keys turned off the doors closed and the lock button is pressed it then shuts off a couple minutes later as soon as you touch the door handle or hit the unlock button the computer already powers back up which turns everything back on even before you open the door

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought the kit
No bronco yet
Yep. File on a thumb drive worked like a champ. Don't bother with BT or CarPlay for the pink noise program.