Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Turn the volume down ;)

Maybe through Forscan?
Maybe my gains are set too high, but then again, anyone who listens to AC/DC at volume 6 instead of 16 should not be allowed to install an amp 😁. I'll check the Forscan angle.
Sponsored

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe my gains are set too high, but then again, anyone who listens to AC/DC at volume 6 instead of 16 should not be allowed to install an amp 😁. I'll check the Forscan angle.
Absolutely!

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just installed pnp kit 11-4 and wanted to share my experience. 11-4 is the kicker key 200.4 harness and 17’ speaker leads for adding a sub later. I had already replaced the four 4”s with infinity reference which made a huge improvement, but I still wanted a little more volume. I ordered an open box of the 200.4 amp from best buy for $230. Plugged it all in and the amp wouldn’t turn on, so I got a new one at my local Best Buy for the open box price. I plugged it in before I drove home and was getting sound.
I ran the calibration program with dip switches in the default down position. PRO TIP: DO NOT DO THAT. It had less bass than without the amp because “bi-amp” switch was set to on. That made it crossover the fronts so much that all the bass was gone. I ran the calibration again after setting the dip switches correctly and it now sounds awesome. I may not even get a sub now because the amp drives the 6.5’s really well.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
what is the correct way to run the dip switches

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just installed pnp kit 11-4 and wanted to share my experience. 11-4 is the kicker key 200.4 harness and 17’ speaker leads for adding a sub later. I had already replaced the four 4”s with infinity reference which made a huge improvement, but I still wanted a little more volume. I ordered an open box of the 200.4 amp from best buy for $230. Plugged it all in and the amp wouldn’t turn on, so I got a new one at my local Best Buy for the open box price. I plugged it in before I drove home and was getting sound.
I ran the calibration program with dip switches in the default down position. PRO TIP: DO NOT DO THAT. It had less bass than without the amp because “bi-amp” switch was set to on. That made it crossover the fronts so much that all the bass was gone. I ran the calibration again after setting the dip switches correctly and it now sounds awesome. I may not even get a sub now because the amp drives the 6.5’s really well.
You kept the OEM 6.5s or did you replace those as well? Thanks for sharing your experience.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You kept the OEM 6.5s or did you replace those as well? Thanks for sharing your experience.
I kept the OEM 6.5”s because I’ve read that replacing them doesn’t improve bass and in some cases reduces it.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I kept the OEM 6.5”s because I’ve read that replacing them doesn’t improve bass and in some cases reduces it.
That’s only if you don’t have the kicker 200.4. Stock head unit won’t drive hardly any 6.5 upgrades. They kicker will do just fine.

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s only if you don’t have the kicker 200.4. Stock head unit won’t drive hardly any 6.5 upgrades. They kicker will do just fine.
I’m interested to know how much of a difference new 6.5s would make with the amp. I’m surprised how good the OEM sound now. Not earth-shaking low lows, but much more on par with premium audio from luxury car brands.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m interested to know how much of a difference new 6.5s would make with the amp. I’m surprised how good the OEM sound now. Not earth-shaking low lows, but much more on par with premium audio from luxury car brands.
Ya the kick panels speakers are the best stock speakers in the bronco for sure. I’m not sure they can handle 50 watts rms from an amp for very long though. Crutchfield recommended I upgrade when I added the amplifier so I did.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The most important switches are the 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

B65C547C-9692-4CBF-8234-2B99BC6E3983.jpeg
Okay....I have this picture (or one like it) multiple times and still can't make heads or tails of the settings! Do they slide up/down or do they press in/out? What are the "good" settings?

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay....I have this picture (or one like it) multiple times and still can't make heads or tails of the settings! Do they slide up/down or do they press in/out? What are the "good" settings?
They click into up or down position. The picture shows down, up, down, up, up, up, up, up.