First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I did my install yesterday-replaced all the speakers and installed the key200.4 amp. Still waiting on my B&O sub enclosure to show up, then I'll add the Key500 amp and a kicker 8in sub to.

I ran the EQ test this morning and played around with the gain and other settings.

Overall I'm happy with the improvement I got-the mids and highs are worlds better then the stock speakers, but I'm disappointed with the bass out of the kick panel speakers-I thought I would get a bit more bass out of them, but they don't seem to be all that much better then the stock ones. Any ideas on what to trouble shoot with that?

The other thing I noticed is that rear speakers are much louder then stock and seem to put out more bass then what I'm getting up front. I don't have bass blockers on them either, is this normal?
I stuck with the stock speakers in the kick panels as they sound pretty darn good now after installing the 200.4. The Infinity Reference in the 4” locations sound crisp, clear, and loud now, especially after I bumped the rear gain up to about 4/11. I did install 300 Hz bass blockers in the dash speakers, but not the rears as the head unit seems to limit any bass going to the rears at all. If time permits tomorrow, I’m going to install the Kicker Hideaway 8, thanks to your posting of the note from the PNPK 11-4 wire colors.
Sponsored

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I did my install yesterday-replaced all the speakers and installed the key200.4 amp. Still waiting on my B&O sub enclosure to show up, then I'll add the Key500 amp and a kicker 8in sub to.

I ran the EQ test this morning and played around with the gain and other settings.

Overall I'm happy with the improvement I got-the mids and highs are worlds better then the stock speakers, but I'm disappointed with the bass out of the kick panel speakers-I thought I would get a bit more bass out of them, but they don't seem to be all that much better then the stock ones. Any ideas on what to trouble shoot with that?

The other thing I noticed is that rear speakers are much louder then stock and seem to put out more bass then what I'm getting up front. I don't have bass blockers on them either, is this normal?
Same here , I think spending $300 on kick panel speakers that sound not as good as the original ones was probably a bad move. Other than that Im happy with the install, one con is that the sub only sounds good when is at high volume. Low volume sounds like rattle of popping.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I stuck with the stock speakers in the kick panels as they sound pretty darn good now after installing the 200.4. The Infinity Reference in the 4” locations sound crisp, clear, and loud now, especially after I bumped the rear gain up to about 4/11. I did install 300 Hz bass blockers in the dash speakers, but not the rears as the head unit seems to limit any bass going to the rears at all. If time permits tomorrow, I’m going to install the Kicker Hideaway 8, thanks to your posting of the note from the PNPK 11-4 wire colors.
I made almost the exact same decisions. Four Infinity Reference 4”s. 300hz filters on fronts, none on the rears. Kept the OEM 6.5s. KK200.4 with pnpkit 11-4, but I went with the kicker 46hs10 hideaway. At times you can tell the 10” is in a ridiculously small enclosure, but ultimately the sound is great for the practicality.

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I made almost the exact same decisions. Four Infinity Reference 4”s. 300hz filters on fronts, none on the rears. Kept the OEM 6.5s. KK200.4 with pnpkit 11-4, but I went with the kicker 46hs10 hideaway. At times you can tell the 10” is in a ridiculously small enclosure, but ultimately the sound is great for the practicality.
I was seriously torn between the 11HS8 and the 46HS10 since Crutchfield had them both on sale last month. Hopefully the 8 will be plenty for my needs, as ANY bass will be most welcome to fill it all out.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was seriously torn between the 11HS8 and the 46HS10 since Crutchfield had them both on sale last month. Hopefully the 8 will be plenty for my needs, as ANY bass will be most welcome to fill it all out.
I’m sure it will be plenty. At times the 10” hits embarrassingly hard.

Sponsored

ShortBus.cle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did the kicker hideaway install go @BFizzy @Biff ? Did you guys use a plug n play harness or just tap into the speaker wire? If so what was the best location to do this? Also, where did you mount it? Thanks!

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did the kicker hideaway install go @BFizzy @Biff ? Did you guys use a plug n play harness or just tap into the speaker wire? If so what was the best location to do this? Also, where did you mount it? Thanks!
I have the PNPKit 11-4, so I didn’t have to splice into speaker wires. I screwed the hs10 into the rear cargo area firing up but I put the cargo mat over it to hide it. Not the prettiest solution, but I can just throw stuff on top of it now and it won’t attract thieves as much since I rarely have the top on. Having the top off let’s a lot of the sound out of the vehicle, so having the mat on top actually helps keep the sound in. It still sounds much better with the top on though.

8436D03C-B115-4EF7-96F1-E77227258E85.jpeg

7E3A22AD-FAB1-46F3-AB9F-BF1C87F530C7.jpeg

E2A232B6-0897-4CF2-8F97-68B6B8746A77.jpeg

0D0D3E97-8AA7-4123-AAB7-805E53F977C5.jpeg

EE601BBF-0BAD-4C4B-B28E-A6F5F25147A8.jpeg

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately other chores stole my install time this past weekend, but I will attempt again this coming weekend. I love the under the cargo mat solution BFizzy came up with and will likely do the same until I can pick up a tonneau cover from Mabett once they are available for purchase.

ShortBus.cle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the PNPKit 11-4, so I didn’t have to splice into speaker wires. I screwed the hs10 into the rear cargo area firing up but I put the cargo mat over it to hide it. Not the prettiest solution, but I can just throw stuff on top of it now and it won’t attract thieves as much since I rarely have the top on. Having the top off let’s a lot of the sound out of the vehicle, so having the mat on top actually helps keep the sound in. It still sounds much better with the top on though.

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! EE601BBF-0BAD-4C4B-B28E-A6F5F25147A8

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! EE601BBF-0BAD-4C4B-B28E-A6F5F25147A8

thanks for including pics! Glad to hear it’s working out and you’re happy with it. Excited to install mine. I already have the plug n play 11-1 for the key amp so haven’t decided how I’m going to go about connecting the amp, might end up tapping into the speaker wire.

Sponsored

ShortBus.cle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately other chores stole my install time this past weekend, but I will attempt again this coming weekend. I love the under the cargo mat solution BFizzy came up with and will likely do the same until I can pick up a tonneau cover from Mabett once they are available for purchase.
I was going ti install this past weekend too but there was an issue with shipping. Hopefully will have it by this weekend.
I’m concerned with theft too as I almost always have the back windows out and top down in the summer.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
thanks for including pics! Glad to hear it’s working out and you’re happy with it. Excited to install mine. I already have the plug n play 11-1 for the key amp so haven’t decided how I’m going to go about connecting the amp, might end up tapping into the speaker wire.
You can order the extra harness for me and it’ll plug into my existing harness you don’t need to splice or hack into my harness to upgrade

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can order the extra harness for me and it’ll plug into my existing harness you don’t need to splice or hack into my harness to upgrade
What kit number attaches to the kicker key 200.4 so i hook up an sub amplifier?

ShortBus.cle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately I saw this 3 hours too late….hopefully you can save the others some time though!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I finally have my system all wired up-I'm using the Kicker Key200.4 up front and the Key 500.1 to drive my sub. I'm using the Plug and Play kit 11-4

I noticed an weird issue when I was setting the Amp and Sub up today-when I have the vehicle in accessory power only, I'm only getting volume from front passenger side, but when power is on, all the speakers are working.

I'm also looking for dip switch settings for the Key200.4-want to make sure I'm running it the right way with the Key500. It seems to working ok outside of the above issue, but want to double check.
Sponsored