First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they really worth 2X the Kicker 6.75" KS's?
There’s a seller on eBay that lists them for $120 each, but accepts offers of $95. AudioSavings.

That being said - I’ve never run Kicker speakers. But, they’re really nice. Superb quality components. Nice warm sound.
Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a seller on eBay that lists them for $120 each, but accepts offers of $95. AudioSavings.

That being said - I’ve never run Kicker speakers. But, they’re really nice. Superb quality components. Nice warm sound.
So given a choice for prioritizing an upgrade, would you upgrade the pods before the kick panels? I have 4" Kickers in the pods now, and they still suck. Again, I'm running the 200.4 amp and a sub with fusion amp.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So given a choice for prioritizing an upgrade, would you upgrade the pods before the kick panels? I have 4" Kickers in the pods now, and they still suck. Again, I'm running the 200.4 amp and a sub with fusion amp.
I’d prioritize the kicker panel with nice 6.5” and worry about the pods later on. That was just the cherry on top for me. It is a bit front of house until you do the pods. But, can still sound nice.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d prioritize the kicker panel with nice 6.5” and worry about the pods later on. That was just the cherry on top for me. It is a bit front of house until you do the pods. But, can still sound nice.
I’m curious about the “why” behind the choice.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m curious about the “why” behind the choice.
Memphis vs otherwise? @SlvrSurfRidr suggestion and research/reviews. I always prefer nerdy hi-fi music components. I was also drawn to the fact that I was trying to get full range and enough low end w/o a sub. I’m pretty happy with my setup for $1200.

Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Memphis vs otherwise? @SlvrSurfRidr suggestion and research/reviews. I always prefer nerdy hi-fi music components. I was also drawn to the fact that I was trying to get full range and enough low end w/o a sub. I’m pretty happy with my setup for $1200.
My key takeaway is you are talking about optimizing a “non-sub” soundstage. The sub element introduces disruption

Matt J.

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘97 4Runner SR5 5sp manual, ‘22 4dr BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't read all 80 pages of this thread, so apologies if this was already answered.

I'm looking at either Kit 11-2 or Kit 14 which both have the 17ft high level extension. Question for the peanut gallery, what is the source of the signal for the 17ft extension? The picture shows 4 wires which I assume are two channels only, but it doesn't say if it's the dumbed-down signal from the factory head unit or if it's the cleaned-up signal from the Kicker Key amp.

If it's the dumbed-down signal, then it seems like I have to get a DSP like the LC2i (kit 14) to clean up the signal before feeding it into the subwoofer amp, right?

Comments appreciated!

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not looking for big bass. I've got the sub giving me good low end. Where I'm suffering is the "muddiness" of the higher frequency of the bass range..even going into the midrange. I'm thinking that a higher quality kick panel speaker will provide more clarity. I'm assuming that will be the case when I take the pods up to 6" as well...even though I've got 4" kickers in the pods now. There's just not enough range coming out of the pods...even being driven by the Key amp.
I'm also thinking another limitation is the way the dash and kick panel speakers are wired. It's not a component setup, so the front feels a little "schizophrenic". Not sure how to get the best quality sound of the front given that setup.

727-01-01 382B 16F1 009A Front - Sp-Tw/Sp-Tw (600Hz bass blocker in dash 4")
Back - Tw / Tw-Sub Sub - Kicker 6.75/Fusion amp

727-01-02 0900 000D 0047
I don't think the pod speakers are on the key amp. Just the front four. I could be wrong, though.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the pod speakers are on the key amp. Just the front four. I could be wrong, though.
@RagnarKon I'm pretty sure the harness that @plugnplaykits ships with the 11 kit hooks into the pods and the fronts.
@plugnplaykits has dozens of different packages, and I'll admit I haven't look into all of them. BUT the Kicker Key 200.4 kits he has drive all 6 speakers.

The kick panels and the dash speakers share a channel. So... for example... if you unplug the kick panel on the left side, it'll also disconnect left dash speaker.

Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@plugnplaykits has dozens of different packages, and I'll admit I haven't look into all of them. BUT the Kicker Key 200.4 kits he has drive all 6 speakers.

The kick panels and the dash speakers share a channel. So... for example... if you unplug the kick panel on the left side, it'll also disconnect left dash speaker.
Ah, same channel. That's what I meant.

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got the JBl Sound Bar… Got new speakers to put in… was looking at the KICKER KEY… but I also wanted to add a Subwoofer to the system… can You help me understand?

did you just Kept the JBL SOUND BAR As is, and dropped in the Kicker Key 200.4? And it worked fine?
Obviously this was a year ago, but did you ever end up putting in the Sub? How do I do that? Assuming another amp specifically for the sub? How do they connect to eachother? Is it possible?
I’m sorry, I’ve been looking for months… but havnt found a new speakers +JBL Bar + Kicker Key + Subwoofer add yet that gave much.

honestly, anyone insight would be great!!
Yes I have the sound bar and a powered subwoofer. So key powers front components and sound bar, and sub is self powered. It was an option with the harness. Love the system still. It’s been some time and it’s still fantastic

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, same channel. That's what I meant.
You know immediately that the 200.4 amp goes to the rear pods the secong you adjust the right side gain. Rears light up.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out the plug n play musway kit
More adjustability for the front and rear channels.

just swapped out my kicker key 200.4
Sounds great now

B3349A18-CE94-4AFF-B2FA-BD3594F22C33.jpeg

B8B4670A-BFDD-4AC4-AA16-8A86266BA8C7.jpeg

A99BBC1B-398A-4E70-8C9E-34605E9E447A.jpeg

9233B4BE-3202-4D4E-8D10-03045F69C70D.jpeg

Glennbob2.7

Badlands
First Name
Glennbob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0L V8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I have the sound bar and a powered subwoofer. So key powers front components and sound bar, and sub is self powered. It was an option with the harness. Love the system still. It’s been some time and it’s still fantastic
I’m thinking about getting the kit 12 to then add the swing gate sub from stinger… think it needs an amp. So I’m gonna get the one with the sub hookup
Sponsored