First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This was an excellent video. Lots of analysis on pros/cons of each setup—the 2.5 Kings and 2.5 Fox Performance Elite.

I wish they could have tested two 2D or two 4D, but otherwise I picked up a lot from this video.

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a great video. I appreciate him being nitpicky over every different aspect for a clearer sense of how they differ. Too many channels approach these comparisons like they're just advertising both products equally.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been really impressed with their reviews for actually providing useful information for buyers who appreciate the technical.

Also, the chat service on their website is pretty helpful, found myself using the chat feature quite extensively before putting together my order which I don't usually do considering how limited or misleading ecommerce chats can be.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious how the Dobinson shocks will stack up against Fox/King. Been waiting on that video.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great video. It highlights an issue between the fox and kings, where the Fox are essentially you buy what you get. Due to their construction there isn't much in the market to upgrade them or change things. I.e. you add more weight and need a heavier spring. The king are a more common construction so have more options for upgrades.

If someone has a spring company and would love to be a source for stronger springs on the Fox shocks, it would be great to hear about it.

Sponsored

GRIFFINCONWAY

Badlands
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is the 4 door one in the video. I loved the Kings for how insanely plush they were, but also handled the fast stuff nicely if you are down to send it. I’ve since moved on to the APG Long Travel and kept the front coilovers, but if you are looking at the Kings and want a smooth ride you can’t go wrong!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m leaning towards Fox, but I’ll admit I’m biased based on previous experience with Fox.

I’d wager I’ll be the guy needing HD springs for my 2Door.

2.7L, 37’s, Relentless bumper & skid plates, RCI sliders, tailgate reinforcement, GG tailgate table, plus camping gear. She gets heavy. Even with no timeline for HD coils to fit the Fox, I’m still leaning towards Fox.

Anyone in a similar boat?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is the 4 door one in the video. I loved the Kings for how insanely plush they were, but also handled the fast stuff nicely if you are down to send it. I’ve since moved on to the APG Long Travel and kept the front coilovers, but if you are looking at the Kings and want a smooth ride you can’t go wrong!
Not to hijack the thread (well, ok i'm hijacking it for one question)... Is that the APG heat extractor hood trim you're running? If so, do you find it works pretty well?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kings are 30k miles before a rebuild, and that’s just pavement driving. Anyone know what Fox is?

Splinter

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool review, thnx for posting! Still interested in seeing some feedback on the FOX 3.0 internal bypass model as well and see how that stacks up?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BTW I'd love to see some comparison of HOSS 3.0 Fox Shocks versus some of the aftermarket competition. Does anyone know of any deep dives?

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's see a comparison with the Icon Stage 8 with the CDEV Electronic Valve.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a full blown Icon suspension setup on my wife's 4Runner and it is "the shit". Rides very smooth, hits overgrown speed bumps (the big ones that are like a foot high and 4 feet wide) at 35 mph without spilling her pumpkin spice latte. I haven't taken it seriously offroad yet, but have hit easy trails with it and it is a comfy trail sofa. I was considering Old Man Emu but decided on the Icon setup instead. I still like the OME system but they say they are not going to produce the BP-51 for Bronco. I am looking for a light crawling trail heavy setup that can be a daily without being too mushy around corners.

GRIFFINCONWAY

Badlands
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to hijack the thread (well, ok i'm hijacking it for one question)... Is that the APG heat extractor hood trim you're running? If so, do you find it works pretty well?
Yes it is. I love it because it has great styling and doesn't drain water/dust directly in the engine bay. It has this underhood thing that drains the water off to the sides instead of on all the electrical.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it is. I love it because it has great styling and doesn't drain water/dust directly in the engine bay. It has this underhood thing that drains the water off to the sides instead of on all the electrical.
Best looking one I've seen. I'll be going that route soon.
Sponsored