Sponsored

2024 Land Cruiser, 2024 Lexus GX, 2025 6th gen 4Runner - Toyota Triple Header Rollout Begins

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also this will likely have lots of ADM. I've already heard rumors of $10,000 ADM on the new Tacoma.
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id like to see a manual trd off road 4runner.
That option alone would've at least had me looking at one last fall, but its going to take a lot to get me out of the Bronco at this point.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Being someone with a problem with seeming to want to own every type of auto I see, it's a relief when I see one I have zero interest in.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the Bronco pricing comments - I agree. Mid 60k is overpriced. But remember, it didn’t always be that way. My 2021 loaded OBX sas 4 dr was 56/57k. The same price as a loaded Wildtrak at the time. It’s just that Ford has raised the prices so much in the past 2 years.

I thought I’d keep the Bronco forever but the GX is tempting. It won’t get me to actually trade in, but it is the first vehicle to tempt me to do so. In the category of what would I like as much as my Bronco under 100k (not that it’s my budget, but just a hypothetical) the new GX is the only vehicle on that list.

The old GX was runner up when I bought our XC90 R Design at the same time as the Bronco. I viewed the old GX as the only SUV that was not a huge 3 row but tons of cargo that was luxury and off-roader. The negative was the MPG as a family hauler. With MPG on the new GX still at a very poor 17mpg on premium that’s a hard pill to swallow to get wife on board with trading in the XC90 for the new GX.

Just not sure where this new GX slots for me personally, and many others for that matter. Is it a Bronco replacement? Probably can’t bring myself to do it. Is it a family hauler replacement? Not at those MPGs.

I kind of wonder how well it will sell. Not a ton of people are going to hop on this as a family hauler with those MPGs in this day and age. And the off-roaders now have other options such as the Bronco and Defender. The consumer that immediately comes to mind is someone that wants to upgrade their bronco/wrangler (maybe grand Cherokee?) to something more luxurious that drives better and has a fixed roof.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just not sure where this new GX slots for me personally, and many others for that matter. Is it a Bronco replacement? Probably can’t bring myself to do it. Is it a family hauler replacement? Not at those MPGs.

I kind of wonder how well it will sell. Not a ton of people are going to hop on this as a family hauler with those MPGs in this day and age. And the off-roaders now have other options such as the Bronco and Defender. The consumer that immediately comes to mind is someone that wants to upgrade their bronco/wrangler (maybe grand Cherokee?) to something more luxurious that drives better and has a fixed roof.
I'm right there with you on mpg, but I'm loving the bold styling, surprising for conservative Toyota. I can't wait to see the new Land Cruiser this fall and then new 4Runner over the winter. Pricewise, a number of the youtube reviews say the GX will still start at around $60K, not sure about the Overtrail trim.

Regarding your Grand Cherokee comment, in case you missed it, Lexus revealed the new 2024 Lexus TX on the same day as the GX, it is a three row unibody onroad Grand Cherokee competitor and the Lexus version the new 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander.
https://www.lexus.com/TX
2024 Lexus TX: A Big Ol’ Lexus Named For Texas, With A Third Row As Big As Tennessee

Yes, off-roaders have options such as the Bronco, Jeep and Defender, but many will pick the reliable ones, Toyota & Lexus.
The Lexus GX 460 is the Most Reliable Vehicle in the USA
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2021/11/21/the-lexus-gx-460-is-the-most-reliable-vehicle-in-the-usa/

With the Lexus GX new styling reaching a new demographic and having the reputation as the most reliable vehicle on the market, they will sell all they can make, some dealers already have waiting lists over a year long, sound familiar?

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm right there with you on mpg, but I'm loving the bold styling, surprising for conservative Toyota. I can't wait to see the new Land Cruiser this fall and then new 4Runner over the winter. Pricewise, a number of the youtube reviews say the GX will still start at around $60K, not sure about the Overtrail trim.

Regarding your Grand Cherokee comment, in case you missed it, Lexus revealed the new 2024 Lexus TX on the same day as the GX, it is a three row unibody Grand Cherokee competitor.
https://www.lexus.com/TX

Yes, off-roaders have options such as the Bronco, Jeep and Defender, but many will pick the reliable ones, Toyota & Lexus.
The Lexus GX 460 is the Most Reliable Vehicle in the USA
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2021/11/21/the-lexus-gx-460-is-the-most-reliable-vehicle-in-the-usa/

With the Lexus GX new styling reaching a new demographic and having the reputation as the most reliable vehicle on the market, they will sell all they can make, some dealers already have waiting lists over a year long, sound familiar?
There’s a 1 yr wait on the new GX?? I’m very surprised.

yes I’m aware of the TX. I’ve been counting down to the combined reveal and watched all the YouTube videos. It was actually Alex on Autos that said the grand Cherokee would be on the list of competitors for the GX. So I’ll take his word for it.

I guess my logic is a bit flawed since if the Bronco didn’t exist I’d be on that GX wait list too, and would care less about the MPGs. I just think that unlike the Bronco the GX has the chops to be a family hauler it’s just a shame those MPGs hold it back from being a good one.

I’ll probably give this a hard look in 2 years when my XC90 is a bit older and the GX hybrid is readily available.

Last edited:

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
IMO if Toyota doesn't bring a front locker back to the Land cruiser/4Runner models and better mileage they simply aren't staying competitive.
You realize the Bronco gets worse gas mileage than the Bronco with its "modern" engine and 10 speed auto, right? On a recent road trip in my 4Runner TRD PRO, with its ancient 4.0 and 5 speed auto I got 21.9 mpg on regular gas.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There’s a 1 yr wait on the new GX?? I’m very surprised.

yes I’m aware of the TX. I’ve been counting down to the combined reveal and watched all the YouTube videos. It was actually Alex on Autos that said the grand Cherokee would be on the list of competitors for the GX. So I’ll take his word for it.

I guess my logic is a bit flawed since if the Bronco didn’t exist I’d be on that GX wait list too, and would care less about the MPGs. I just think that unlike the Bronco the GX has the chops to be a family hauler it’s just a shame those MPGs hold it back from being a good one.

I’ll probably give this a hard look in 2 years when my XC90 is a bit older and the GX hybrid is readily available.
Car and Driver tested a 4 door Wildtrack. It only managed 17mpg on their highway loop. And you really need premium fuel to take full advantage of the power the Ford eco boost engines produce. The Bronco has one of the worst MPG ratings of any new vehicle.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why are we talking about Lexus when Mitsubishi is toying around bringing the Pajero back? We will all be selling our cars and getting in line once this bad boy comes out (kicks the tires and pats the roof).
Relevant Link

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why are we talking about Lexus when Mitsubishi is toying around bringing the Pajero back? We will all be selling our cars and getting in line once this bad boy comes out (kicks the tires and pats the roof).
Relevant Link
Wow, sounds cool, but the words reliability and Mitsubishi never used to be used in the same sentence, has that changed?

Also, the article is for the Australian market, not the US.

Last edited:

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TFLOffroad ruined the Defender for me because this is all I picture when I see one 🤣

20210731_112932.gif
TFL ruined TFL Offroad for me when they created this obvious click bait. I assume it's that, because I'm not sure who, in reality, would be dumb enough to air down a tire that normally runs at 65psi because it lacks sidewall rigidity (in exchange for being lighter and getting better MPG).

It's amazing what switching to a pair of Wildpeaks can do for a Defender.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Car and Driver tested a 4 door Wildtrack. It only managed 17mpg on their highway loop. And you really need premium fuel to take full advantage of the power the Ford eco boost engines produce. The Bronco has one of the worst MPG ratings of any new vehicle.
Are you thinking about the performance tune, because the Bronco (at least the 2.7) gains very little with premium fuel (less than 5% gain in HP and 1% in torque), according to Ford.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 17 mpg on a sasquatch bronco is excusable / better than most anticipated. At least I anticipated in 2020 before they released stats…. It’s lifted on 35s… I usually average around 15.5/16 around town. Although premium isn’t really necessary.

I get the GX is heavy and body on frame, but it’s a 3 row suv on standard road tires and used by many as a family hauler. The 17 mpg is definitely viewed as a disappointing figure, whereas I think most guys here were actually thankful when they learned the sasquatched bronco was 17 mpg not mid/low teens. They were probably getting 13/14 mpg on their lifted wranglers with 35s
Sponsored