First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, like many of you, I had to change my vote to YES. Yesterday I could faintly hear the tranny noise, goes away with slight pressure on 6th gear. Built 12/2021, 5K miles. I'm just going to keep driving until Ford addresses the root cause and comes up with a better fix than replacing failed parts with the exact same part.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, like many of you, I had to change my vote to YES. Yesterday I could faintly hear the tranny noise, goes away with slight pressure on 6th gear. Built 12/2021, 5K miles. I'm just going to keep driving until Ford addresses the root cause and comes up with a better fix than replacing failed parts with the exact same part.
I'm in the same boat. The noise on mine is definitely there under the right conditions, but not constant. At this point the "fix" doesn't make sense to me (and I used to build alot of transmissions), but I also have no reason to doubt it. Waiting eagerly to hear reports from folks who have had the noise longer, and way worse than mine before I try to get it warranteed.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. The noise on mine is definitely there under the right conditions, but not constant. At this point the "fix" doesn't make sense to me (and I used to build alot of transmissions), but I also have no reason to doubt it. Waiting eagerly to hear reports from folks who have had the noise longer, and way worse than mine before I try to get it warranteed.
Yeah, I'm going wait it out for a bit myself. I may go ahead and change the fluid for the hell of it. Did I see that you did a fluid change? I haven't looked at the procedure or tranny access...was it a PITA?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I'm going wait it out for a bit myself. I may go ahead and change the fluid for the hell of it. Did I see that you did a fluid change? I haven't looked at the procedure or tranny access...was it a PITA?
Not terrible, but you will need some form of pump to get the new fluid in (something like boat mechanics use for filling lower units would work). The drain is right on the bottom, the fill hole is toward the rear of the case on the passenger side, and the rear shift lever is slightly in the way. I found that raising the rear of the vehicle got me a 3qt fill. Book fill is 2.5 qt. My additional fluid quieted the noise, but only slightly...I can still hear it under the right conditions

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not terrible, but you will need some form of pump to get the new fluid in (something like boat mechanics use for filling lower units would work). The drain is right on the bottom, the fill hole is toward the rear of the case on the passenger side, and the rear shift lever is slightly in the way. I found that raising the rear of the vehicle got me a 3qt fill. Book fill is 2.5 qt. My additional fluid quieted the noise, but only slightly...I can still hear it under the right conditions
Thanks, figured it was pretty straight forward. What brand fluid did you put back in?

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, figured it was pretty straight forward. What brand fluid did you put back in?
I used the OE Motorcraft DCF, and recommend that anybody else doing this do the same. wouldn't want anybody denied a warranty claim because they experimented w/random fluids

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Noise Poll 20230103_160417

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the OE Motorcraft DCF, and recommend that anybody else doing this do the same. wouldn't want anybody denied a warranty claim because the experimented w/random fluids

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Noise Poll 20230103_160417
I ain't a scared going with a different brand so long as meets/exceeds the Motorcraft specs. Looking at Redline's full synthetic DCT fluid. They actually list Ford/Getrag compatibilty on their website.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ain't a scared going with a different brand so long as meets/exceeds the Motorcraft specs. Looking at Redline's full synthetic DCT fluid. They actually list Ford/Getrag compatibilty on their website.
Let us know if that helps!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, ended up changing my "no" response to a "yes". Went on an overlanding trip and heard it for the first time when firing it up in the morning. Just broke 9000 miles during the trip, and overnight lows were around 43*F. Previously never heard this sound before(garage ambient temps are around 60-65 during winter).
😬

I'm at 8800 and have several big trips planned this year. Now I'm worried.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how did hte fluid look coming out? clean. dirty, burnt or something else?

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No noise, 1500 miles, built 10/24/22. As i took delivery in November up here in NoMi it's never been above 50F since I've owned it. I will surely be keeping an ear out for it now, as it looks like the yes votes are winning big.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands