David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was on hold from 11/16 to 12/28, surely they preformed the TSB before shipping.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Afraid I have to change my vote. 4140 mi, I heard the noise for the 1st time last night leaving work. Temps were just above freezing, and I let the Bronco warm up a few minutes while I went back inside to close up. When I walked out to it I could hear the noise clearly from about 10 ft away. Got in and put a light pressure on 6th gear and instantly stops the noise. If I depress the clutch the noise gradually trails off as if rotating parts in the trans are gradually slowing down. I could hear the noise in 1st and second on light accel, maybe in 3rd, but at that speed road noise drowns it out. I live about 6 mi from work and by the time I got home the noise was gone...it disappeared about halfway. Had to run an errand about an hour after I got home and noise was still gone, but I heard it again on cold start this AM. Has to be the same noise you guys are talking about...hope we can figure this out! Trans operates flawlessly otherwise

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Count me in. Total debacle.

Picked up a 2023 Base 2 door as a build project last Friday with 19 miles on the clock.

At the 40 miles mark I thought I heard a high wind noise, but I made to the garage and it was still there.

Listened while parked and it was noticeably louder. Poked my head underneath and it sounded more like a heat shield was rattling.

Over the next few days it deteriorated to the point of sounding like spinning marbles in the trans.

7 days after purchase its sitting with 85 miles on the odometer. Dealer has said they will look at it Jan 4th so we shall see.

It didn't even last a week. Complete fail.
Good morning! I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's transmission issues. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with?

DUG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 BRZ, 2022 R1, 2020 Speed Twin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good morning! I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's transmission issues. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with?
Sent all requested info.

Sponsored

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Between the various threads on this topic, it's starting to feel like we need to combine the various threads into a single thread, document our users names, year of bronco, miles, location, etc.

Reactions: djp
OP
OP
Malicar

Malicar

Badlands
First Name
Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between the various threads on this topic, it's starting to feel like we need to combine the various threads into a single thread, document our users names, year of bronco, miles, location, etc.
I agree, this one has a poll which would be nice for a quick total. Not sure if mods can merge threads or start one and delete all others 🤷‍♂️

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, ended up changing my "no" response to a "yes". Went on an overlanding trip and heard it for the first time when firing it up in the morning. Just broke 9000 miles during the trip, and overnight lows were around 43*F. Previously never heard this sound before(garage ambient temps are around 60-65 during winter).

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my truck’s parked at the dealership overnight so it gets nice and cold by the morning. Then I’m going to show my service manager my new rock tumbler 😅

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March 2022 build:

I leave for work in the early AM, so started noticing a slight noise on cool nights. With colder weather, it has increased significantly.

Whether it will cause mechanical issues in the future or not, it definitely isn't a good sound (or advertising) for Ford. I've had a lot of weird looks as I idle through parking lots leaving stores etc.

Will have to show my dealer before warm weather arrives.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just fired mine up back at home in the garage. 64*F ambient temps, zero noise. So strange lol.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, ended up changing my "no" response to a "yes". Went on an overlanding trip and heard it for the first time when firing it up in the morning. Just broke 9000 miles during the trip, and overnight lows were around 43*F. Previously never heard this sound before(garage ambient temps are around 60-65 during winter).
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Is there a customer satisfaction program that you're doing this for? Or is it the usual "we'll put you in touch with your dealer to make an appointment" DMs we're used to?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

agreed. we can make a google doc similar to build week threads
what fields do we need on the spread sheet, suggestions below

year
trim
build date
miles when first heard
miles now
tsb performed
trans replaced
dealer response
what else?

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps a question beside the TSB and transmission question asking if the noise has returned and how many miles after the service work.
Sponsored