First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see, I will be taking mine to Ford on Monday as well. We’ll see what happens, I hope they can release a TSB soon.
talking to a few mustang guys that had problems with the t82 tranny I believe it was called, don't hold your breath it went from 2011-2016/17
I am shocked because the company that is providing ford the transmissions is a German company and usually products from Germany are good :(
I was so ticked off i just bought a used car with 20k on it , so basically someone else worked the problems. out for me
Sponsored

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
talking to a few mustang guys that had problems with the t82 tranny I believe it was called, don't hold your breath it went from 2011-2016/17
I am shocked because the company that is providing ford the transmissions is a German company and usually products from Germany are good :(
I was so ticked off i just bought a used car with 20k on it , so basically someone else worked the problems. out for me
man… if that’s the case this is super disappointing. I love this truck, it’s amazing. This is the only problem I have. The weird thing is that the transmission works great, shift’s perfectly. I’ll be putting this 60,000 or 5 year warranty to use if anything.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting , the company that designed the tranny is a Germany company so I assumed they would be producing them as well
Headquarters of the company that makes the tranny is in Germany, however the transmissions are made in China. I found this out when my transmission was replaced: it too nearly two months to be delivered to my dealer..

Sponsored

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Headquarters of the company that makes the tranny is in Germany, however the transmissions are made in China. I found this out when my transmission was replaced: it too nearly two months to be delivered to my dealer..
how’s your Bronco now? Have you noticed any improvements since your transmission got changed?

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same noise, no change whatsoever
i see, thanks for the reply. Something im concerned about is if they are using good transmission fluid. I really dont want to void the warranty on the power train, but ive been so tempted on changing it

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

22 Big Bend 4 door 2.3 7Mt SAS. 1600 miles

I've noticed mine has made the noise during warmup pretty much since get go. To me it sounds more like bubbles in a pump but also a bit like scrapping. Definitely little more prominent now it's cold. Seems to go away during driving immediately or once warmer up. Doesn't do it long when it's warm.

I've also noticed if I'm slowing down and say anticipate a quick stop so I'll be going right into 1st in advance. I can hear faint like metal plates rubbing if I go into 1st but coast with clutch down at a speed higher than what I would be in at 1st.

That all said, can't say I've really noticed any issues, with how it feels or drives. Really wounder if it's the fluid being too thick?

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe so, I'm still breaking mine in too (currently 290 miles). I have also noticed that as well, if i shift down to second or third i can hear it a little bit. I just want to make sure that i don't have any shavings in transmission fluid... but yeah. Nevertheless, it's the same thing with my, noise is less prominent when the car is warmed up (transmission fluid expanding and everything else inside the transmission expanding like gears, bearing etc.) I'm not going to give up on this truck, I really like it a lot. this is my only complaint about it.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like I get to join the rumble club. Mine sounds like a rock crusher on cold mornings. Since it's dropped into the 20's at night, it is especially bad. The noise is gone within 1-2 miles and stays gone until another cold soak.

Can make it go away by pushing the clutch or nudging 6th gear.

Every other aspect of the transmission is perfect. If this noise is "normal when cold" and has no long term downside, I'm OK with it. I'm not OK with the dealer throwing parts at my rig hoping to find the issue. So I'm in wait and see mode for now.

Really had hoped Ford would provide some sort of info by now.
Same mode wait to see. I can live with it if it's normal too. I went through hell with my 2018 Silverado replaced all kinds of stuff for a rumble happening, 2 torque converters 3 flushes, a new transmission for it to be worse in the end with the dealer and GM bailing on me and denying any issue. Also tore my dash apart 3 times for a virbration when I would close some of my vents and run temp at mid 70s it would buzz loud, I showed people they were like wtf? Issues was never fixed either but I sure found all kinds of random bolts and clips in my truck that went to God knows where? I'll wait before we go ripping shit apart, thanks!

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same mode wait to see. I can live with it if it's normal too. I went through hell with my 2018 Silverado replaced all kinds of stuff for a rumble happening, 2 torque converters 3 flushes, a new transmission for it to be worse in the end with the dealer and GM bailing on me and denying any issue. Also tore my dash apart 3 times for a virbration when I would close some of my vents and run temp at mid 70s it would buzz loud, I showed people they were like wtf? Issues was never fixed either but I sure found all kinds of random bolts and clips in my truck that went to God knows where? I'll wait before we go ripping shit apart, thanks!

I'm into a 3,000 mile road trip with it and it's running perfect, shifts smooth, and is quiet after the initial warmup. Todays morning was in the 20's and the day was in the mid to upper 30's. Noise was only at initial warm up and the never reappeared all day, even after sitting in the parking lot for an hour at lunch.

I bet you when Ford finally gets to the bottom of the issue it will be something minor like an oil spec change. Heck this is what warranty and lemon laws are for.

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wanted to add to the list.
New owner, 3 weeks in and noticed it makes the very same rattling noise in nuetral and dissappear's completely when I fully press the clutch down.
Been sitting in the vehicle this time letting it warm up while at work and after 7 minutes it had started to go away and at operating temp, it is gone.
Now it comes back while in gear-and while engine breaking.

All my vehicles have been manuals and never had this noise except in my SRT10 Ram T56- and that was AFTER shattering the syncros in 4th gear.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to add to the list.
New owner, 3 weeks in and noticed it makes the very same rattling noise in nuetral and dissappear's completely when I fully press the clutch down.
Been sitting in the vehicle this time letting it warm up while at work and after 7 minutes it had started to go away and at operating temp, it is gone.
Now it comes back while in gear-and while engine breaking.

All my vehicles have been manuals and never had this noise except in my SRT10 Ram T56- and that was AFTER shattering the syncros in 4th gear.
Welcome to the club!!

NJ Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco XLT 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New member here, i can be added to the list too. Picked up my Badlands on Friday, drove 85 miles home from the dealer no issues. Started it up this morning and the loud grinding noise was there, depress the clutch and it disappears. I have 102 miles on it. Hopefully Ford figures this out sooner rather than later.
Sponsored