Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I understand correctly, the only known differences between the modular and molded top (on the 4 door) are the material/weight, finish, and pop-out rear windows.

There could be some difference in noise/temp insulation, seals, etc. but we won't know that for a while.

We know that the placement of the roof panels is the same, but is the connection between these panels identical for both styles of hard tops? I ask because we have seen pics of a soft top insert that can replace the two freedom panels in the front, and that was on a model with the modular top.

Basically, I'm looking for confirmation that accessories are all equally compatible with either type of hard top.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree on the MIC. I hope Ford allows Hard Top selections a la carte (to include white modular top). There is no reason to tie the tops into specific models and the a la carte Top selection is an easy money maker for Ford. Please, have a little foresight on this and don’t just cave to the Logistics Manager on “complexing issues” (and that’s coming from a Logistics Manager.)
I have been to the Ford assembly plants, the build sheets / options (usually taped on windows) allow for this kind of change as it goes by that particular station, so yes logistics is a non issue. The only reason is Ford is forcing what is most likely a very popular option to be on higher trims, thats been the unfortunate precedent. Aftermarket may make up the slack, but the added cost sucks.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like Jeep looks like they have two option shadow black and color painted

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You would be spending more money for Automatic with Big Bend as the its Manual Standard on 4 Door if you are going that direction and then pay for the Dual Tops. But if its 2 Door then it makes sense to go to Big Bend.
I know. It is kinda wacky how they did the roof selections for trims

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Colorizer Question

Which top is shown now? I've been assuming it is the MIC...but when you point Bronco's nose towards 10:00 you clearly see the 'opening' over the second row seats.

Anyone have a clue???

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been asked but why do they call them 'molded in color' lids? I assume they call them molded because that's more attractive than calling them plastic but does 'in color'' mean some other color than black, i.e. gray?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why do they call them 'molded in color' lids?
as opposed to paint - which sits on the top of a surface - MIC refers to the fact that the top compound has color as a part of its composition. Could be ANY color, even pink

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as opposed to paint - which sits on the top of a surface - MIC refers to the fact that the top compound has color as a part of its composition. Could be ANY color, even pink
Which means you can scratch the f*ck outta it and it'll still be the same colour :)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree on the MIC. I hope Ford allows Hard Top selections a la carte (to include white modular top). There is no reason to tie the tops into specific models and the a la carte Top selection is an easy money maker for Ford. Please, have a little foresight on this and don’t just cave to the Logistics Manager on “complexing issues” (and that’s coming from a Logistics Manager.)
The primary reason for many of the option restrictions is profitability. They want to move you to up-level trims.

Mid pkg is not available on Base because they want you to buy a BB, not for logistic purposes. Same for painted hardtops, restricted paint colors and many other options.

The margin on customers willing to move-up must outweigh the incremental margin they forgo on the individual option for those that elect to do without.

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The primary reason for many of the option restrictions is profitability. They want to move you to up-level trims.

Mid pkg is not available on Base because they want you to buy a BB, not for logistic purposes. Same for painted hardtops, restricted paint colors and many other options.

The margin on customers willing to move-up must outweigh the incremental margin they forgo on the individual option for those that elect to do without.
That is a good point. I think the white top option would definitely be popular and therefore increase margins but, I see your point and agree that if they offer it, it may only be available on upper models.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Colorizer Question

Which top is shown now? I've been assuming it is the MIC...but when you point Bronco's nose towards 10:00 you clearly see the 'opening' over the second row seats.

Anyone have a clue???

You make some spot on points.

From my scanning the trims on the ford website I did sometime ago, the MIC is standard from Base to Badlands, though can be optioned to Shadow black modular around ... perhaps Outer banks (?).

These trim restrictions do suck as to this whole removal top debacle that we all have been questioning.

The Grey MIC roof coloring made my color choices hard to choose from the ones available as for my opinion.
Though the roof takes up less space when looking at the truck (as opposed to the body color that's dominant) that grey top is distracting to my eye and has me focusing on it, the less dominant-sized proportion of the vehicle; so I chose 3 colors that can either dominate or play well with the top (and then there's shadow black).

As well, I feel that the whole "skyward view" perk they use for marketing (like they tout standard 4x4 across all trims) should also apply to the front AND rear passengers as standard with not having to take off the whole rear portion (I have no place to put the rear shell in the garage).

I'm getting the base model 2 door because I don't want to be in a big car payment.
I would like a 4 door, cause we could really use the extra space; but then again that is five thousand more.

I still need to get auto trans, which I more than likely get the 2.7L with that for longevity concerns.
And, possibly look into what they offer for a roof top tent.

I had a few dislikes that I would have liked to change, but may deal with it:
- I would like to option the tire/wheel package the Big Bend has (don't like the steely look, and I'm concerned of the wheels appearance to wheel well height).

- Also, the MIC top. I have understood that I will have to live with that grey color ... but I am really annoyed that If all the videos of the 2 door (like the cyber orange we've seen) the MIC is just 2 front panels and take off the rear portion.

Going off the ford website and one of the threads that posted an excel sheet of trim available options, it looks like the Base trim will be very deficient in what things we can switch out; though I feel making us buy a different roof so that BOTH front AND rear passengers in the 2 door can have removalable roof panels ... that sucks.

I love the targa experience, so I would do that all the time.
I had a '95 Del Sol (lowered, kit, rims, etc.) and unless it was raining I would have the roof off.
Here in Vegas it can get cold in the winter, but I'd be at a stoplight and see bundled up people breathing vapor and I'd be in a tshirt and jeans ... roof off, music blasting waitng for the green light.

A thing I'll have to accept as I won't move up in trim and pay more for the option to get a different roof.

... though we'll see with build and price what it brings.

... on the build and price thread it was mentioned Sept. 1st with a website redesign at the Ford website that that might be the Big day (... well one of the Big days at least) we will get the B&P.

:cool: (y) Questions may finally be answered

... just realized I typed a lot, sorry everyone (reminds me of when I wrote papers for school = )

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
pop out windows seem only useful for my dog. I also feel like I’d drop them at some point.

Slide out tailgate is cool for climbing up to a roof rack, but again not sure I’d use it all that often. Plus you lose a few inches of height with the raised floor.

I think if you go black paint, the gray hardtop look pretty good, especially with gray badlands grill. And I’d guess it’s more durable than the black painted one.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slide out tailgate is cool for climbing up to a roof rack, but again not sure I’d use it all that often. Plus you lose a few inches of height with the raised floor.
Yeah, but you gain a flat floor. Since it's coming out later than the Bronco, I'll have plenty of time to decide whether I want it or not. Seems like it'll be more useful if you fold the seats a lot.

I think if you go black paint, the gray hardtop look pretty good, especially with gray badlands grill. And I’d guess it’s more durable than the black painted one.
I'm warming up to the gray top, particularly on Cactus Gray. And I agree it looks good with the Badlands grille.

It seems they basically decided that gray top/grille is the new white top/grille

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond