First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought my name brand, top of the line, properly designed, trailer hitch for $200 and installed it myself in a couple of hours from the number one online trailer hitch source.

eTrailer.com
What about the wiring for trailer lights? I think i could bolt on an aftermarket hitch but im not going to try to run lights....do you think that the wiring will be run even if you dont order a hitch from ford? Thanks
Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The people complaining about the modular 2-DR roof:

Doesn't the 2-DR have the "moon roof" over the 4-DR? Each one has a unique difference that sets it apart. You can't have it all. There are obviously engineering differences between the 2

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Walk around tour from...the Internet. Admin can make into a thread if it's worthy. ?

Brad Lovell does a walk around the 2 door Badlands and talks about:

- IFS vs solid axle.
- Sway bar disconnect.
- GOAT modes.
- Digital gauge features.
- Lockers, trail turn assist.
- Backseat info.
- Tires, beadlock.
- Rock sliders.

I like that this video touches a little more on some of the reasoning behind the design - position of hero switches, what GOAT modes affect, lockers, attaching rock slider to body instead of frame (which I thought was an interesting point to highlight). Reinforces that a lot of thought was put into this vehicle.

During the Final Q&A today, the brand manager said by the end of the month and said they will be releasing it with "the forum that shall not be named"... Which by the way, I have major issues with their ethics after attending this event...but that's not for here.
You continue to do fine work. Add me to the list of people that owe you a beer.

99.987654321% chance the ACC sensors are in the window box just to the side of rear view window mount. ?

93A29893-4B40-4385-AD32-097D1BBAEB37.jpeg
D07C5DC3-0FD1-4DBF-8F92-93188A530DD9.jpeg
BDA50E1B-C637-41A8-97B2-61DB08A9FC17.jpeg

JK
I've read that most of the sensors are located here, but that the radar for ACC is more effective mounted lower and parallel to the ground and is located in front of the intercooler. Of course, that's all be conjecture without any confirmation from what I've seen.

As long as it works, I would prefer that all of the sensors were located up here out of the way. That means there is one less thing in the front to interfere with other components and accessories.

I keep looking at other newer Fords in my area to see where they are mounting their front plate. By far the most similar to the layout of the Bronco and its bumper is the Raptor, and every one that I've seen mounts their plate dead center - right where others have surmised the ACC sensor sits in front of the intercooler.

I hope you turn out to be right.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hard to say. My wife's Forester has them up there but on a Challenger they are in the lower grille
I have a Chally, JT and Pacifica ....

That’s true (about the Challenger and the Pacifica for that matter - on the JT it’s in the window and they even made it work with a windshield that folds down) BUT the Broco obviously has SOME kind of sensor array in the window and it would make zero sense to tie said sensors to a bumper that will probably be removed for aftermarket.

Jeep takes aftermarket mods into account when designing their stuff (the tail lights on the JT for example) .... Ford is “new” to aftermarket stuff so they may not have designed for it - but - seeing the amount of work they’ve put into tanglig with the Wrangler I seriously doubt they haven’t thought about mods.

JK

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about the wiring for trailer lights? I think i could bolt on an aftermarket hitch but im not going to try to run lights....do you think that the wiring will be run even if you dont order a hitch from ford? Thanks
With harness capable kits these installations are easy peasy. Anyone can do them if they put actual effort into it.

Have faith on this one!

However, the fact that the trailer package supposedly comes with sway support might be something to consider. If you are only doing a utility trailer, not a concern, if you are doing close to 3500# then I would consider the factory option.

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s futile To assess design decisions from outside the inner sanctum. Bronco Is unique because interest was enough for people to pay to reserve before design was complete.

An example of how exogenous factors can override sensible design/engineering just look up why Space shuttle Engines sizes are affected by the width of two horses asses.?

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With harness capable kits these installations are easy peasy. Anyone can do them if they put actual effort into it.

Have faith on this one!

However, the fact that the trailer package supposedly comes with sway support might be something to consider. If you are only doing a utility trailer, not a concern, if you are doing close to 3500# then I would consider the factory option.

Sometimes i pull something like a lawnmower. 98% of the time i dont need a hitch at all. Thats why i hate the thought of financing a $600 hitch that will be almost never used

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have faith on this one!

That trailer sway control might not Actually be part of the package. The Ford website says that it’s standard on all of the models including Base which can’t even be equipped with factory tow package. I think this is another one that only the B&P will solve. ?‍♂

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, if this is accurate "Sasquatch is not a lift, but stiffer springs and tires are factoring in the taller size" then the BL suspension could be yet a different spring. That would be easy enough, aka inexpensive enough for the mother-ship to do.

Next question is "How stiff would that ride be compared to any other trim not named BL or Sasquatch?"
We have come full circle here and are back to bumpstops I believe...Anybody wana start a pool?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• POWER SEATS will not be available on washout trim such as BL and BD because the power doors are not wash out. Meaning you may have to get carpet for them to put in the power seats
But of course the people at the meet representing Ford never bothered to read the Ford Badlands web page on seating options.

Optional
  • 10-way Power Driver seat (4-Door Only)
  • 8-way Power Passenger (4-Door Only)
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

And no, carpet is not optional.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like that this video touches a little more on some of the reasoning behind the design - position of hero switches, what GOAT modes affect, lockers, attaching rock slider to body instead of frame (which I thought was an interesting point to highlight). Reinforces that a lot of thought was put into this vehicle.

You continue to do fine work. Add me to the list of people that owe you a beer.

I've read that most of the sensors are located here, but that the radar for ACC is more effective mounted lower and parallel to the ground and is located in front of the intercooler. Of course, that's all be conjecture without any confirmation from what I've seen.

As long as it works, I would prefer that all of the sensors were located up here out of the way. That means there is one less thing in the front to interfere with other components and accessories.

I keep looking at other newer Fords in my area to see where they are mounting their front plate. By far the most similar to the layout of the Bronco and its bumper is the Raptor, and every one that I've seen mounts their plate dead center - right where others have surmised the ACC sensor sits in front of the intercooler.

I hope you turn out to be right.
That's a great video.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're mostly doing that small stuff then the eTrailer route is probably fine.

Citikill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs