Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't bother me if they made some of the shifts via button ala Roadranger.
They should make the manual box the standard tranny and the auto the option like they do on the Mustang.

I have no idea what drives them to make one or the other standadrd equipment.

Like many other things, the uproar for all kinds of stuff on "enthusiast forums" like B6G, usually does not pan out in reality when it comes time to sell the product
If memory serves, the last year of the manual offered in Super Duties, something like less than 1% of the trucks were ordered with a manual. But if you were to read a Suer Duty forum, you'd think that 25 or 50% take the manual.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have no idea what drives them to make one or the other standadrd equipment.

Like many other things, the uproar for all kinds of stuff on "enthusiast forums" like B6G, usually does not pan out in reality when it comes time to sell the product
If memory serves, the last year of the manual offered in Super Duties, something like less than 1% of the trucks were ordered with a manual. But if you were to read a Suer Duty forum, you'd think that 25 or 50% take the manual.
I know you are right - a vocal very small market minority. However, some of us like having the control to disconnect the engine from the drivetrain when we want to, and have it be in the gear we want it in / not shifting at weird times, and an actual mechanical connection from crank shaft to tire. We like to be engaged in the drive. As long as it is an option in a vehicle the meets what I am looking for, I am choosing control.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you are right - a vocal very small market minority. However, some of us like having the control to disconnect the engine from the drivetrain when we want to, and have it be in the gear we want it in / not shifting at weird times, and an actual mechanical connection from crank shaft to tire. We like to be engaged in the drive. As long as it is an option in a vehicle the meets what I am looking for, I am choosing control.

Oh, I'm a manual guy too, but I also understand why they strike stuff like manuals, which historically were cheaper in favor of the more costly autos....economy of scale.
Even sports cars have a heavy bias towards autos now-a-days, so I'm actually a bit surprised that Jeep and Bronco still have manuals....ALTHOUGH.... I have no idea what the take rate is on manual Jeeps currently. Maybe the offroaders are still hardcore enough that the percentage is still high.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not unhappy with this information and, before Fordboi asks.... the last time I drove a manual was about 12 minutes ago.... Just give me the strongest engine with the manual and my mental recalcitrance to writing a check bigger than $50K evaporates. (it comes back at $60K though)

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
when was the last time you drove a manual?
daily. And if you have driven the new 10speed it’s so much smoother and quicker than any stick I’ve driven.
I would love a manual however in reality I would take the auto any day.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I always get the manual when available. My Explorer is a manual, my TSX is a manual, and my last new car (2015 Rubicon Hardrock) was ordered to get a manual. Dangit that thing was hard to sell though. Nobody wanted a fully optioned Jeep with the amount of pedals the good lord intended. Ended up sitting on it a few months and then selling it to a toyota dealer on that KBB instant cash offer deal. However...if I get a bronco and its available...it will be a manual.

Dbarrett38

Outer Banks
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150. 2017 fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the Bronco is available with a manual and has a decent tow capacity 6k-7klbs my F150 is gone.

Sponsored

Corsair84

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@ChrispyKC So I believe I read you work at a dealer, and mostly do fleet stuff, but what deal will you offer for the broncos? I don't meant that to be vague, I've seen you said you offer great pricing just not sure what that means. Sorry for posting that here.