First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the info and post, very helpful to see these coming in. Seems to me that there's somewhat of a trend/issue going on here. My hope is that the replacement systems don't repeat the cycle.
Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well… I have an update this morning, not from the dealership, but from the Bronco. It appears that it’s been opened and a start was attempted and two service engine soon messages. Definitely seems to be fuel system related, whether a fuel pump or a sensor, something like that.

D2083208-A2AC-412F-8982-BFA32B8C1A49.png

2CFFF321-C106-4BE3-B775-4C994E608619.png

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrac
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well… I have an update this morning, not from the dealership, but from the Bronco. It appears that it’s been opened and a start was attempted and two service engine soon messages. Definitely seems to be fuel system related, whether a fuel pump or a sensor, something

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
reposting this here as it seems like a better place for it.

We are on vacation in Moab, UT and went to Arches National Park. While there our Bronco 2.7L Sasquatch Wildtrak with just under 10,000 miles just died and won’t start now. It’s turning over but won’t start.

We ended up having to leave it in the parking lot and get a ride to our hotel. Ford roadside assistance says I’ll have to wait till Monday before a tow truck can get out there. (It’s Saturday now).

I don’t know what to do. I know it should be covered under warranty but I’m thinking of calling a mobile mechanic and see if it’s just a bad starter. But after looking through the forums I now wonder if it’s something more serious.

The picture shows what is on the screen. The video shows me trying to start it.

613CA812-9ECF-4B8F-9C6F-503849CAF2CC.jpeg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

reposting this here as it seems like a better place for it.

We are on vacation in Moab, UT and went to Arches National Park. While there our Bronco 2.7L Sasquatch Wildtrak with just under 10,000 miles just died and won’t start now. It’s turning over but won’t start.

We ended up having to leave it in the parking lot and get a ride to our hotel. Ford roadside assistance says I’ll have to wait till Monday before a tow truck can get out there. (It’s Saturday now).

I don’t know what to do. I know it should be covered under warranty but I’m thinking of calling a mobile mechanic and see if it’s just a bad starter. But after looking through the forums I now wonder if it’s something more serious.

The picture shows what is on the screen. The video shows me trying to start it.

613CA812-9ECF-4B8F-9C6F-503849CAF2CC.jpeg

Certainly sounds like the fuel pump. Your starter is fine.
@Ford Motor Company this is getting ridiculous

Sponsored

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got it towed to the dealership just now. Tried starting it and it started for a minute then died again. I did get some new notifications on the Ford Pass app which I’ll share below. Definitely sounds like a faulty fuel pump or something related to that.

Now I have to figure out how to get to the dealership tomorrow morning and see if they are going to fix it or if they are going to tell me they are several weeks backed up like they said when I broke my CV axle.

Who at Ford should I call about trying to get some assistance with rental car and maybe reimbursement for extra hotel nights?

40D4EF25-BD83-468C-8E12-150256463D2F.png

9231FE63-FF10-4CEF-9B29-46C7C4C716C7.png

54041E44-D5A9-415F-9D92-1C289F7E0E54.png

AF312BAF-8A4B-4E9A-BF33-87CEB183DA6B.png

91B97354-2E75-45F9-94E7-D22CF4D5E6E3.png

9E947269-DB57-47BB-8674-17FB8F0B7BA9.png

C5B1C47A-718E-4F64-A6FA-30C6A22250A9.png

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who at Ford should I call about trying to get some assistance with rental car and maybe reimbursement for extra hotel nights?
Sorry to hear about your troubles. :( It definitely sounds like a fuel pump failure.

Here are the contact details for Ford’s third-party reps monitoring issues on this website and other social media platforms...

Hi there. This [XXX] concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Send the requested info via direct message to that account (i.e., “Start Conversation” on their profile).

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to hear about your troubles. :( It definitely sounds like a fuel pump failure.

Here are the contact details for Ford’s third-party reps monitoring issues on this website and other social media platforms...

Send the requested info via direct message to that account (i.e., “Start Conversation” on their profile).
Thanks. I sent a DM to them like you suggested. Hopefully they can help!

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it towed to the dealership just now. Tried starting it and it started for a minute then died again. I did get some new notifications on the Ford Pass app which I’ll share below. Definitely sounds like a faulty fuel pump or something related to that.

Now I have to figure out how to get to the dealership tomorrow morning and see if they are going to fix it or if they are going to tell me they are several weeks backed up like they said when I broke my CV axle.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] C5B1C47A-718E-4F64-A6FA-30C6A22250A9

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] C5B1C47A-718E-4F64-A6FA-30C6A22250A9

Two of those are the exact same notifications we received that I posted above. Sounds like we both have the same issue.

Not heard anything from our dealership as of yet but we’ve been lucky as they provided us with a new Explorer off the lot as a loan car right now. Hopefully hear something this week as we were hoping to go to a Bronco meet up this coming weekend.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just had a call from my service advisor a few moments ago to let me know that it's been diagnosed as the Low Pressure Fuel Pump that failed. They have one on order for me, as there wasn't one available in the Dallas warehouse, so it's coming from Michigan, 3-5 days out. So hopefully be up and running by the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

Just hoping this hasn't damaged anything else, and that the fail safes protected the engine.

FatThigh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My fuel pump just failed on my 2.5 hour old 153mi 2022 Bronco WildTrak I just picked up from Ford.

Was idling out front of my sons school waiting for him to get out, and it started to idle rough, so gave it a bit of gas and it seemed to smooth out for about a minute or so... then it got rough again and just died. Couldn't restart after that point and just cranked and almost turned over, but never got enough fuel pressure am guessing.

Called Ford Roadside, and they "dispatched" a tow truck after telling me I have no roadside coverage, and I would have to pay out of pocket. Waited around approx 2.5 hours for the tow truck, and ended up having my wife bring down the trusty Lexus LX570 to tow the broken Bronco back to my driveway to wait for a tow truck tomorrow...

As a guy who owns multiple Ford and Toyota products I really can't say I would ever be comfortable taking this thing into any sort of remote area with all of the issues these have had as of late.

This seems to be the norm these days for Ford... hope they can fix all of the issues with these Broncos... didn't even get it home to remove the window sticker or dealer stock number yet.

Bronco 1.jpeg

Bronco 2.jpeg

Bronco 3.jpeg

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
:cry: How would it not have RSA? I thought all new ones came with it. You are right, I am gun shy now about going anywhere remote, at least alone now. I can think of so many places we’ve been that if it had failed then, we would have been in deep trouble.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:cry: How would it not have RSA? I thought all new ones came with it. You are right, I am gun shy now about going anywhere remote, at least alone now. I can think of so many places we’ve been that if it had failed then, we would have been in deep trouble.
Mine had Roadside Assistance. Tow driver showed up in about an hour with a flatbed truck, loaded my Bronco, took my key, hauled it to my dealership, and left it after hours. My service adviser called me in the morning, said he had my Bronco, key, and phone number, and wanted to know how he could help me.

I never received an invoice for the Roadside Assistance or paid a dime. The tow driver was very friendly and has very favorable reviews online (4.8/5.0). I was very pleased with the service.
Sponsored