Sponsored

My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached)

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So like the title says. I watched my truck come off the truck at the dealer yesterday, and noticed a paint issue. The paint on the doors do not match the sides of the Bronco. I also found window glass pieces on the inside. The seam sealer on both doors appear to be factory gun applied, but the paint is way off. Has anyone else had this happen? It's VB and there was a 2 month period that it was in production. Any advise is welcomed. View attachment 289421
That is a shame. Especially the broken glass. What does your dealer or Ford Customer say?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess your Bronco was damaged or broken into somewhere along the shipping, and the dealership had the repairs made. New window glass and spraying new door panelsā€¦
just my guess.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wowā€¦.. There is an interesting story here Iā€™m sure, but the terrible thing is that Ford let this be delivered.
The irony here is I just got this email from Ford...... Do I just punch myself in the throat?

Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 6.58.17 AM

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 6.58.17 AM.png

Sponsored

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Take the doors off and you will never noticešŸ˜. Yeh I see it and damn ask for a wrap would be my second thoughtsā€¦ā€¦yeh hopefully they can match it but doubt it unless Ford sends replacement factory painted doors.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my guess on the mix match that Iā€™ve seen on the two-door broncoā€™s. I believe that the door is painted in a different area compared to the rest of the vehicles if you do a check (mils [Thickness])on how much paint is on the door compared to the body you will notice that the body has less paint than the doors. The doors to me seems like it has a lot more paint.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not the first I read about with pieces of shattered glass in cab upon delivery....hundres or perhaps thousands of us are stuck in production for weeks now.....I thought most likely chip hold but alot doesn't make sense. now I'm thinking something else is screwing up on the line ....now with these emails....wouldnt they just say waiting on chip instead of hey sorry it's taking forever to build your vehicle but we are checking quality control and making sure your product is good!...what I'm getting out of email is "hey sorry guys..these things are not right and it's gonna be a while before it is!"

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess your Bronco was damaged or broken into somewhere along the shipping, and the dealership had the repairs made. New window glass and spraying new door panelsā€¦
just my guess.
For the people doubting me that the factory released it this way, or didn't read the OP, this is a picture of the truck on the transport before it touched the dealers pavement. I was there as it rolled off. The second picture is a better image showing the paint defect. To be fair, the first pic was one of the least noticeable shots.
Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) IMG_8954
Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) IMG_8970

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be surprised if you were able to find out the specifics of what happened.

My GTO had a mismatched rear bumper and a dark ā‰ˆ3" spot on the roof. I noticed a month or so after I bought it brand new. I was never able to find out if the bumper was replaced before delivery. The dealer did fix it.

A few months later, at around 115mph, the windshield rubber trim came loose and started violently flapping into my open driver's window. Scared the shit out of me. The dealer was replacing the trim and called me to ask if the car had ever been in an accident because to windshield was not glued in a way the factory usually does it. I had never replaced to windshield.

I always felt something may have happened to my car before delivery. But I just never had a way to find out.

Also, someone hit my bronco in a parking lot and i had to have a new door put on. I was very upset but it looks perfect and I got over it.

The dealer will fix you up, good as new. One good thing is that the repair won't show up in the history of the vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know someone at the plant is laughing and saying "I wonder if he'll notice"
The same person that just sent me this email? lol

Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 6.58.17 AM

BigBlueOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ky Camry, John Deere X330
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So like the title says. I watched my truck come off the truck at the dealer yesterday, and noticed a paint issue. The paint on the doors do not match the sides of the Bronco. I also found window glass pieces on the inside. The seam sealer on both doors appear to be factory gun applied, but the paint is way off. Has anyone else had this happen? It's VB and there was a 2 month period that it was in production. Any advise is welcomed.

Edit - top pic shows is most realistic to in person viewing, the bottom pic is least noticeable.

what a way to start ā€¦ I would ask Ford to send you 2 doors from the assembly line.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldnā€™t accept that. It is noticeable. I would have dealership repaint the rear fender and blend with door. The front fender and door match. Is the driverā€™s side the same?
They do not match.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I was a New Car Manager at my Ford dealership, we would get a notice by mail when any damage occurred after a vehicle had left the assembly line. There was a value on that repair and description of what was done that the dealership was instructed to share with its new buyer before they take ownership. I would certainly require they show you it before purchasing it so you can have it documented that you donā€™t find the repair acceptable. Paint mismatch can be filed as a warranty claim. Sadly, although it is not common, it does happen periodically.
Sponsored