Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey, All!

Ford Performance just released their new M220 Rear Axle Assemblies with a new range of Gear Ratios for 2021-2023 Bronco’s! (excluding Raptor)

bronco axles new fp.jpeg

The new Gear Ratios now available with these kits are 5.38, 5.13, and 4.88.

Of course, they are still available in the original ratios the kits we’re released with, which are 4.70 and 4.46. All of which come standard with Ford’s Electronic Locking Differentials.

M-4000-470B.jpg

Now for those who haven’t seen these yet, these axles assemblies are complete bolt-in units with everything needed for installation, including axle shafts and brake rotors (the rest of the OE components are to be re-used).

Now it is important to note that BOTH front and rear axles have to be the same ratio. Luckily, Ford Performance also offers the front drive units in corresponding ratios (apart from 4.88 at the moment).

M-3002-470BF.jpg

While these kits are made for Broncos equipped w/E-locker from the factory, we also have their wiring/switch kit to convert your Bronco into electronic-locking differential capable.

M-14489-BR_TEMP.jpg

Lastly, if you’re changing axle ratios from the original, you will need a calibration for the speedometer and related-modules. Once again, Ford Performance has you covered with their ProCal Calibration kits.

M-12655-F (1).jpg

Of course, if you need help or have questions with Ford Performance products, feel free to reach out to any one of us here at Lethal Performance!

#teamlethal
#lethalperformance
#fordperformance
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No excuse not to put 40s on your Bronco now. :LOL:

Ford Bronco New Gear Ratios NOW AVAILABLE! Ford Performance M220 Rear Axle Assemblies! anigif_enhanced-buzz-2944-1437675185-9

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything different other than the ratios? New materials, Chromolly shafts? Anything?

If going with the same size M220, would be great if they were tougher. Guess I”m not the market for it, but it’s nice to see any upgrades.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Gear Ratios NOW AVAILABLE! Ford Performance M220 Rear Axle Assemblies! anigif_enhanced-buzz-2944-1437675185-9
That's not true...

the lack of funds in my bank account is a complete valid excuse...I don't have the funds to do the necessary lift for 40's or reconfigure my front end to accept them etc....there's a lot of excuses

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Lastly, if you’re changing axle ratios from the original, you will need a calibration for the speedometer and related-modules."

I'm wondering about the above statement. When installing larger diameter tires, I used Forscan to change my speedometer setting. Are there other modules requiring calibration when installing larger tires or changing axle diff gearing?

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's great! I just hate that both front and rear units are basically the same price. $2650 for the 5.13 for instance. Just the front dif is the same price as the entire rear assembly, with axles and disks. And I still have to buy new CV's and "allegedly" a driveshaft for the front. Gets out of hand real quick.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"Lastly, if you’re changing axle ratios from the original, you will need a calibration for the speedometer and related-modules."

I'm wondering about the above statement. When installing larger diameter tires, I used Forscan to change my speedometer setting. Are there other modules requiring calibration when installing larger tires or changing axle diff gearing?
I'd think transmission, engine, & turbos have a number of computer-controlled parameters you'd need to calibrate to keep shifts, fuel pumps, boost, etc. operating in sync and in a way that's consistent with new tire size. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm sure 33-->35 wouldn't be a big change. But 35-->40? I'm thinking you'd want to calibrate things.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

LOL - other than the fact a D44 axle is not rated for much of anything 37 or larger...

Housing deflection is more likely to occur which will result in damaged ring gear and pinion.

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call me silly, but why on earth include rotors?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call me silly, but why on earth include rotors?
I wondered about that too. I wonder if it has something to do with the type of axles, I don't know enough about it.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopefully they beefed up the thin crappy non-boxed lower shock mounts so they don’t bend easily with mild off-roading.

IMG_5194.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_5081.jpeg
What's the real story behind your post? Where did the photos come from your profile and threads have never shown these before. The only reason I ask is i wheel the hell out my Bronco the last 2 1/2 years and have never seen any thing like this before.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully they beefed up the thin crappy non-boxed lower shock mounts so they don’t bend easily with mild off-roading.

Ford Bronco New Gear Ratios NOW AVAILABLE! Ford Performance M220 Rear Axle Assemblies! IMG_5081

Ford Bronco New Gear Ratios NOW AVAILABLE! Ford Performance M220 Rear Axle Assemblies! IMG_5081

What's the real story behind your post? Where did the photos come from your profile and threads have never shown these before. The only reason I ask is i wheel the hell out my Bronco the last 2 1/2 years and have never seen any thing like this before.
Yeah, I don't think that's is from mild offroading, more like hitting a rock hard or winching with just that part against a rock until it bent...
Sponsored