Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't directing this specifically to OP but the hundreds of others that are spending so much time trying to get a discount. I guess I am old school and believe in something called loyalty and the experience in buying. Believe it or not when your driving your Bronco off the lot, you will remember that day for the rest of your life and not the grand you saved by getting it from Texas. I have had a great experience with my local dealer and he has earned my business and has treated me right. It's only right that we help those out that have helped us and not some random dealership stacking up as many orders as they can to make some kind of quote that could care less about you or your experience.
Or we can drive it off the lot in a new area and make memories exploring the local trails that will be remembered for a life time.

I passed the guy that sold me my suburban and the guy didn’t even recognize me as a customer. I can’t think of a single vehicle purchase that I’ve made locally that was anything special. They didn’t do anything extra for me. Usually, I have always waited to be sales, so no special treatment there. I can take a little 3.5 hours trip to WV and save thousands. If a dealer is treating you “right”, I imagine he is helping a little more than MSRP.
Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I’m calling my local dealership and ask about these “perks” of buying local. Is there some secret lounge like Delta sky club I don’t know about?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have nothing to hide why would I do it anonymously and who said I was talking shit I am just being a realest who has been in the car business for a while. also I don't mind if anyone from here doesn't come buy from here because I'd make no money since all they are looking for is a discount on a car that is new the market.
You are such a typical dealership salesman.
You’d make no money is a lie, every single vehicle you sell you’d make money on and it would help you reach bonus targets.

Unfortunately, the B6G board is filled with enthusiasts who have researched a ton of info, so we are not the typical suckers that you can scam.

What’s even better...we have had outstanding folks from Dealerships in Iowa, San Diego, NorCal, MD, WV, TX, and K.C (apologize if I missed someone) work with our community, building trust, explaining language; terms and conditions; pricing; delivery options, etc.

These dealerships and salespeople have added a benefit to our community, that quite frankly have endeared them to us.

Why don’t you run off and find some I’ll informed customers from 1989 that you can use your tricks, double speak, run to the manager antics, and other outdated BS on.

Bronco Enthusiasts respect capability in our future vehicles and Our dealership/sales experience.

You have no power here...”We are not the clueless buyers, you are looking for!”

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I’m calling my local dealership and ask about these “perks” of buying local. Is there some secret lounge like Delta sky club I don’t know about?
I saw a video on that topic a couple of weeks ago posted here.... on second thought... ;)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to wait until after the B&P is up and have configured about 50 variations and then settled on my top two, which will likely either be a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. Then I'm going to my local dealer and tell them that they either come down to "invoice" and limited fees (similar pricing to what would have been with X-plan) or I'm switching to one of the longer distance options of Invoice less $1,000 or more.

The extra $1,000 will cover whatever logistics I will end up using to get my Bronco to where it needs to end up.

I'm currently in East Texas, but am likely moving to Colorado Springs next Springs. So, I can either jump on the Texas buy-in or the Granger/Colorado group.

Paying MSRP isn't in my plan.
Same here. That has been my plan. My dealer isn’t very forthcoming with how they plan on gouging people. I am on a pretty tight budget and I have a few must haves (hitch, wash out interior). If they won’t be upfront about the price I’ll find a different one and if all else fails I’ll go with Granger. It’s a huge pain in the butt to buy a car out of state but I’ve done it before.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe someone can answer. But where do dealers make money if they are moving vehicles for 2k under what they paid for them?
Never worked at a dealer so honestly don't know
I don't begrudge a dealer making a few bucks. The problem is the whole cloak and dagger of the process with kickbacks and incentives that we don't know about. We want to know what the real price is so we can make a decent deal. They want to keep it a mystery so they can get the most out of us - generally speaking. I'm sure there will be a dozen posts from dealers and sales people crying poor mouth, but I see the high dollar buildings, millions in advertising, dozens of employees walking around and it leads me to think that most everyone is doing alright in the car business.

How much a dealer makes is like finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

We may never know.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or we can drive it off the lot in a new area and make memories exploring the local trails that will be remembered for a life time.

I passed the guy that sold me my suburban and the guy didn’t even recognize me as a customer. I can’t think of a single vehicle purchase that I’ve made locally that was anything special. They didn’t do anything extra for me. Usually, I have always waited to be sales, so no special treatment there. I can take a little 3.5 hours trip to WV and save thousands. If a dealer is treating you “right”, I imagine he is helping a little more than MSRP.
Or even worse, you back to the dealership soon after purchase for a service and your salesman is "No longer with the team.".
I've had very few positive experiences when buying vehicles. Some, yes, and they stand out.
Even went back to Chevy one time recently (Where I bought my new truck) and had a great experience.
My 14 year old is a Corvette nut. All she wants, "one day I'm going to have one", point them out on the road.
So I took her up there on her birthday and told the salesman it was her birthday and she wants to sit in a C8. They have 2 on the showroom floor, one is sold at 125k, the other is for sale at 115k.
Knowing we aren't buying, he didn't hesitate.
He opened the door and said "We are going to step back so she can take her mask off and enjoy the experience."
Great day, great experience.
And no, this was not the salesman I bought from, as mine was no longer there. But it will be the one I buy from again, should I purchase another Chevy one day and he is there.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have nothing to hide why would I do it anonymously and who said I was talking shit I am just being a realest who has been in the car business for a while. also I don't mind if anyone from here doesn't come buy from here because I'd make no money since all they are looking for is a discount on a car that is new the market.
"6 years" is not a long time in the industry. I have t shirts older than that. Wearing one now, in fact.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My local dealership gave me free oil changes for life, if that helps. Adds up

That was ten years ago and it's still honored

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn’t hear? They roll out the red carpet when you return for oil changes. They’ll have a coffee waiting for you, a lounge chair with your favorite newspaper and an on site masseuse just for you while you jump the line because you’re VIP.

That or they’ll take your keys and point you to a crowded waiting room where you’ll wait hours and they have no idea who you are.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealership gave me free oil changes for life, if that helps. Adds up

That was ten years ago and it's still honored
I have never been offered anything special by any dealer and I have bought 6 brand new cars. I bought 2 at the same time at one dealership and they gave me absolutely nothing. They did eventually give me 6 free lol changes because they called me in after the fact to sign a paper and left me sitting in the waiting room for an hour while the finance guy decided he would rather take lunch then help us for 1 minute. I did buy 2 vehicles from a different one too at different times, they never remembered me or gave me any deal.

With the Bronco all I’ve been offered is dealer add ons and high fees.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any dealers in TN doing group buys or anything competitive?

I guess it's time to start getting my strategy sorted out.
None in Nashville for sure, I'm going to Stephens

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't directing this specifically to OP but the hundreds of others that are spending so much time trying to get a discount. I guess I am old school and believe in something called loyalty and the experience in buying. Believe it or not when your driving your Bronco off the lot, you will remember that day for the rest of your life and not the grand you saved by getting it from Texas. I have had a great experience with my local dealer and he has earned my business and has treated me right. It's only right that we help those out that have helped us and not some random dealership stacking up as many orders as they can to make some kind of quote that could care less about you or your experience.
'Loyalty' and 'experience in buying' are such nebulous concepts I can't even fathom a leveled response. I doubt your local dealership to whom your loyalties lie really gives a shit about you other than knowing you're a sucker for a 'yes sir right away sir' and you'll pay extra for it

What I'll remember for the rest of my life is my wife kicking her feet up on the dash of my new Bronco, roof off, kid in the backseat, sun shining on us while we start a week long family vacation through the Smokies. All paid for with the few thousand dollars I saved by shopping a smarter deal.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.