First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasn't followed through with loads of things...I am a day 1 reservation (2nd hour after being hamstringed by the website) and nothing yet...but loads of folks who have reservations placed many moons after that already have their Broncos. Bummer for sure, but I just try to keep things in perspective...my neighbor had a kitchen remodel recently, and he has to wait close to 6 months for the appliances...COVID induced shortages everywhere. Point being that any Bronco that arrives in some lucky owner's driveway, from dirt mountain or hot off the assembly line, means one step closer (hopefully) for the rest of us!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
FE for the win!!! okay okay remember when the base guy said first edition doesn't mean first...haaaaa...

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my neighbor has had her two door sitting on dirt mountain since may.
.... May?

Retail production vehicles didn't start to be built until June. So unless her 2 door is a dealer demo that she agreed to purchase after the 6 months... I'm politely calling BS..

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me! 7/21 2Dr and hella mad about those being shipped while we wait. If I saw real movement on our dirt mountain list I wouldn’t be so damn mad…but there is basically no movement.
There may be little movement on the list, but b6g represents a very small piece of the pie. In reality, most of those on DM belong to customers not on this site. My belief is there will be a lot of movement in the next couple of weeks, once loading and shipping are sorted out.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Webasto was NEVER pulling 500 passable tops in a day, lol. I'm not sure where you guys are pulling numbers from but it's not the info we've been given from reliable sources.
There is only one reliable source and his name is Ross.

Sponsored

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, in theory, they were never passing any... But they were shipping as many as 300 defective ones per day.
At least at one point they were producing only 40 tops a day but I never heard about how many more they were ever able to get out of the plant beyond that tidbit of news in early summer. That low production volume (plus low yields)... Ugh... what can I say?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? ResizedP_abd027df-f47d-4cba-8995-38320fc5b04e_138797444243455

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amazes me how many people don't actually READ the correspondence from Ford. Read the headlines and then bait a bunch of angry, immature folks here...Ford is ahead of their latest plan and I am confident they will clear DM and get the FEs out this year...anything else is gravy.

As for me, I reserved at 5AM, 7/14/20 and ordered 1/20/21 and still no build date.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posts by premierdrum.
How many has he said Webasto is now producing? I think folks are speculating just because they are now making good tops that they are making many more than they were before.

Sponsored

Livingston

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? ResizedP_abd027df-f47d-4cba-8995-38320fc5b04e_138797444243455

wow that sucks since i had a build date of week of Sept 13 and got pushed to Oct 18

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazes me how many people don't actually READ the correspondence from Ford. Read the headlines and then bait a bunch of angry, immature folks here...Ford is ahead of their latest plan and I am confident they will clear DM and get the FEs out this year...anything else is gravy.

As for me, I reserved at 5AM, 7/14/20 and ordered 1/20/21 and still no build date.
Since Ford is ahead of schedule will they produce more 2dr in 21? Like you Im waiting for my morning 7/14 reservation. With a 22 build I get to add SaS to my stick but lose my AntiMatter Blue paint.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clearly the majority of people in this thread have never worked in Manufacturing. As someone who has worked in manufacturing for many years and previously worked directly for a auto manufacturer in the past, this is completely normal. You cannot expect the words of one exec to be followed when the situation is constantly changing, and they are exploring all options and alternatives. When that email was sent out it was obviously their intention, but they were probably able to scale production faster than expected or receive larger hard top shipments. Most likely what happened is they can't get the DM vehicles over to the mod shop as fast as they can create production vehicles and have an excess of tops combined with a need to deliver first edition, wildtrak, and other hard top broncos with VIN numbers already created for 2021...so might as well get a move on. Just because the website didn't constantly crash for your lucky A before 1st editions were gone, and you were able to reserve a 1st Edition doesn't qualify you for some special award or treatment at the sacrifice of others or the company itself.
It's possible for execs to give an update and be truthful. They just have to be smarter than a cantaloupe.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just because someone states they NEED to do things a certain way. Does not mean they WILL.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't see a big deal on this as others have said. They are pulling dirt mountain rigs as quick as they can. This Sunday they were pulling them. They have an area where change outs are being made and it doesn't effect the main line. Turns out they look to be ahead of schedule, so if it doesn't effect the speed of switching out tops, why not build some FEs that need to be MY21? I would be more upset to find they could have built FEs, not effected top replacements, built a softtop BB reservation from 7/2021...
Sponsored