Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm 99.9% sure this is bullshit as well, aluminum is far too soft.
Yup, no way the inner CV joint is aluminum. CV joints are always steel, always. The rust tells the tale.

The passenger side axle housing is aluminum; the inner axle is steel. As someone else already posted, I don't see how the halfshaft did not fully seat in the diff and the rest of the wheel hub assembly correctly bolted up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve been told is happening.

They ordered a new axle shaft and seals and ā€˜one time use boltsā€™ to complete the fix.
They will flush the differential and replace all parts and seals, then refill differential. I asked about shavings in the differential and he assured me they will be flushed out with a machine, and not be an issue.

Iā€™m also told the axle shaft is aluminum and the inner axle that accepts it is steel, so there should not be any damage to the inner splines.
I donā€™t do this every day, so I have to take their word for what will fix the situation. Also, want others with this same issue to have some insight on what to expect.
Hoping to see parts by the end of the week, according to parts delivery. Fingers crossed.
I am so sorry for you, this sucks.

They are so full of sh*t their eyes are brown! Ask the tech to put a magnet on the axle and then see if he sticks to his "They're AL guns". A complete moron at best, a crook at worst.

I hate to say this but you may need a new "service" department. How on earth are you going to "flush" that frontend? There will be metal "paste" in it until eternity.

I agree with the above poster that asked how the heck this was even assembled. I've never seen a situation where you could put the frontend together with the axle not being fully seated in the diff. But I've only worked on Honda's and Jeeps.

Last edited:

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, no way the inner CV joint is aluminum. CV joints are always steel, always. The rust tells the tale.

The passenger side axle housing is aluminum; the inner axle is steel. As someone else already posted, I don't see how the halfshaft did not fully seat in the diff and the rest of the wheel hub assembly correctly bolted up.

I left it at 99.9% just incase some pinhead bean counter somehow convinced production to use aluminum due to cost savings or something. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
74Scoutii

74Scoutii

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 2500 Ram, Scout ii, 1500 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picked up my Bronco today. Got some pics of the bad axle shaft. Seems to drive good, tested everything before leaving the dealership.
Hoping everything is good now, time will tell. Thanks for all the input on this. I do wish they would have replaced the diff, but service says itā€™s been flushed and will be under warranty if something happens.
Hoping for the best.
Ford Bronco No 4x4 from the factory 8D4660B5-745E-47A5-9F06-D2603A012D24
Ford Bronco No 4x4 from the factory 5F457A33-7439-4A35-B23C-B3EDC7CF49D6

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Congratulations on the worlds first and only 2WD 2021 Bronco!

JK, Glad you get it taken care of

Sponsored

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats being back on the road! If you get a chance would you mind snapping a pic of the clearance between the half shaft and the housing, now that it's correct? Still wondering if I'm facing what you did or something different...

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update:

Right front axle shaft was not seated into differential. Thus the leak. The shaft didnā€™t push far enough in to engage, so thatā€™s why no 4x4 from the factory.
No parts available at this time.
Just another let down to get through till we can enjoy our Bronco

Thanks for the replies. Iā€™ll update again when we have a running Bronco!
We have someone in the 1/3 Build Week who is going thru an issue similiar to this...

paging @abbydiver...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do wish they would have replaced the diff, but service says itā€™s been flushed and will be under warranty if something happens.
Hoping for the best.
Is that a 3-year 36,000 mi warranty they're talking about? Not sure how I'd feel about that (Actually, I know exactly how I feel about that)

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have someone in the 1/3 Build Week who is going thru an issue similiar to this...

paging @abbydiver...
Oh donā€™t scare me like thisā€¦ā€¦ all I have right now are warning messages they canā€™t figure out and an un-turnable steering wheel. And an inability to shift into 4H. But mine did shift into 4x4 and back prior to these errors so thatā€™s good, right?

• Sad
Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh donā€™t scare me like thisā€¦ā€¦ all I have right now are warning messages they canā€™t figure out and an un-turnable steering wheel. And an inability to shift into 4H. But mine did shift into 4x4 and back prior to these errors so thatā€™s good, right?
If you can't turn your steering wheel It sounds like you're steering jumped off the track. There's that guy that's selling a sleeve to fix that.

Far From Sweetheart

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just told today my front diff is junk and its on backorder.

Issue started as a loud humming on the road. It would go away here and there and then come back. If you pushed the 4x4 button it would go away. Push the 2wd button and it would come right back. Dealer at first told me it was tire noise. I put the old steel wheels and stock tires back on and it was a content humming (until you pushed the 4wd button). They finally agreed that something wasn't right and are now telling me the front diff is junk. Who knows when I will get my Bronco back?

• Sad
Reactions: Cat

rrknapp

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update:

Right front axle shaft was not seated into differential. Thus the leak. The shaft didnā€™t push far enough in to engage, so thatā€™s why no 4x4 from the factory.
No parts available at this time.
Just another let down to get through till we can enjoy our Bronco

Thanks for the replies. Iā€™ll update again when we have a running Bronco!
I was about to tell you the same possibility. We just got ours back from the dealer yesterday 1/31 and this is what it looks like. No c Clip from the factory and axle never seated into the joint. Didn't show up until I tried 4WD on our gravel parking pad. Front wheels never engaged. The local dealer declined warranty stating it will happen again and again because it has 35" tires and 2" spacer lift from Rough Country. My full story is
Ford Bronco No 4x4 from the factory 20220201_084134
Ford Bronco No 4x4 from the factory 20220131_164708
in another post. We are waiting to hear from Ford Corporate regarding warranty. I'm going to do a post, since I've gathered a ton of info, regarding axle angles from different models including our Big Bend with RC spacer lift.
Sponsored