Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone,

i placed an order for a 22’ back earlier this year, had been a reservation holder since last year and decided to pull the trigger come then.

Anyways, I was assigned my dealer and when discussing with my salesperson they mentioned a non refundable fee. Understandably I thought this is par for the course and I shouldn’t be worried as I’m pretty committed in buying the truck for MSRP when it comes.

Fast forward now months later, the likelihood of me seeing the truck this year will be slim to none, and some other factors in play have me eyeing jumping the bandwagon so to speak.

Im in a pickle, I realize I signed this document and gave them the 500, but after reading what they gave me, can this fee be nullified as the car hasn’t even be built yet? I’d rather not say who the dealer is yet but before going to them I only read good things about them in the forums so I wasn’t there on bad judgment whether or not they’d add ADMs or something-unreasonable.

Is asking for a refund even worth perusing if I cancel my order as it’s stated as “non refundable restocking fee” or not?

I appreciate any help.
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can they charge to restock something that hasn't even been built?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just be ready that they may not cancel the order and let it come to them to sell. Then just call it abandoned and resell it with adm. not that it seems a reservation has done anything for people other than get them little gifts.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just be ready that they may not cancel the order and let it come to them to sell. Then just call it abandoned and resell it with adm. not that it seems a reservation has done anything for people other than get them little gifts.
My buddy at the dealership told me if the customer doesn't buy the vehicle, they send it to another dealership. They had two cars on his lot that Ford them because customers backed out at other dealerships.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to your dealer and talk to the General Manager, not the sales manager or the sales consultant. Remind him that Ford will “ding” them for selling the Bronco to someone else without an order/buyer name match. Also remind him that he is going to sell the car at a $8,000 to $20,000 mark-up. Offer him a letter from you and signed by you, stating that you no longer can afford (or want) the vehicle. Offer him the letter in exchange for your deposit back.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what exactly is your agreement.....and does your dealer think that terms will change with a price hike for the new model year coming up?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what exactly is your agreement.....and does your dealer think that terms will change with a price hike for the new model year coming up?
Exactly. There will almost certainly be a price increase. Does the agreement say you are obligated even if the price goes up?

OP
OP

daymoon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s essentially a sales sheet with the 3 options I have, the total price of the vehicle, and a place where I sign that states the vehicle will be sold for the price listed. The ‘fee’ was hand written on the side with a little spot for me to add my initials on, no stipulations or other conditions.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How can they charge to restock something that hasn't even been built?
Doesn't hurt to try to get out of it. I have a deposit down on two vehicles - Bronco and Sierra. Both have some sketchy terms.

The Bronco terms were $2,500 deposit (walk-in order), non-refundable up to one year. If the Bronco is not delivered in 1 year, then I can cancel and get my deposit back. They will also keep the deposit and sell it to someone else if I don't take delivery 3 business days after they receive it. However, the dealer sent an e-mail asking people to cancel if their circumstances have changed and they would return the deposit.

The Sierra was $1,000 deposit (unclaimed dealer stock order), refundable prior to dealer taking delivery. But if I fail to take delivery within 72 hours of vehicle arrival at dealer then I am charged a $1,000 restocking fee.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were in your shoes I would have not given them a $500 nonrefundable re-stocking fee.

The mere mention of this at the beginning would have me looking elsewhere. That talk is BS. I read these types of threads and I am amazed at how people subject themselves to the abuse of dealers.

Good luck.

OP
OP

daymoon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apologies but I realized when writing this last night I didn’t clarify that the fee does go towards the purchase price of the car, I’m more confused why they worded the ‘deposit’ as such. When talking with the salesmen he didn’t say anything about a fee or the fact it was for restocking only that it would be put towards the purchase price of the car, dumb of me to just sign willingly huh? I thought, no harm, I’m confident I’ll be buying the car at MSRP anyways (ha).

I feel confident that when I’m due to being pushed back to the 23’ model year that I can request the refund no hassle as the sales sheet has me signing for a sale of a 22.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is exactly why I don’t do non-refundable deposits, there’s too many variables. I would simply explain how this is taking a lot longer than anticipated and that something has come up and your not able to take delivery when it is built. At the end of the day you agreed to a non refundable deposit so don’t get mad if they tell you no.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
always put the deposit on a CC. Asked nicely for it back then if they say no, then do a charge back and your credit card company will refund you the amount and then they will deal with the dealership. Of course, this is assuming you did not sign a contract that specifically says the deposit is non refundable.

BTW .. the initial reservation deposit required from Ford is refundable.

OP
OP

daymoon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly why I don’t do non-refundable deposits, there’s too many variables. I would simply explain how this is taking a lot longer than anticipated and that something has come up and your not able to take delivery when it is built. At the end of the day you agreed to a non refundable deposit so don’t get mad if they tell you no.
First time for everything right? Never been to a dealer for purchasing a car before, all have been used with cash. Lesson learned at the end of the day, but if I’m polite it might go my way.
Sponsored