Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm super excited. Nothing has been a show stopper for me. I was about 6 days after the initial reservation date before I got my reservation in, so I expect to be in the second wave. I'm more excited about this vehicle than I have been about any other material possession in a long time. LET'S GO CALENDAR~ Get to Summer 2021 already.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Rick Astley Well said. The whiney wannabe victims have made me less excited to come to the site. Happy as hell my wife signed off on getting a Bronco! Life is much too short to be negative.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So there is something positive that I do every day while driving to/from work....

I've never been into Jeep's and while I respect their off-road chops, they look goofy and i've always had my automotive interests in detailing cars, racing cars or working on classics. Jeeps certainly cater to the "working on" aspect, but other than that.... Not in my interests.

The Bronco, and possibilities for winter off-roading to satisfy the motoring itch, were big draws. It also opens up camping opportunities and getting to different hiking trails (to make the gf happy).

So every day I take a look at the Jeeps on the roads (or the dealership which is passed on the morning drive) and visualize how much better the Bronco looks but also take cues from the Jeep to see what real-world people are doing with their Jeeps. What size tires are most common, common mods, colors, etc.

This helps break through the keyboard warrior aspect of building a vehicle in a class i've never had before and has helped zero in on what is likely to be the most useful.

Although I admit that discerning what generation or trim level they are has proven basically impossible except if it has the gaudy "RUBICON" hood, but i'm pretty zeroed in on Black Diamond if the 210 front axle is a single option, or Badlands if that's the way to get the 210 front axle and locker.

So every day I get to visualize my Bronco build. Even with Cactus Gray not being the Surf Green that I love so much, It is still going to be a really fun rig to daily drive and take offroad.

The classic cars will be there for summer cruising with the difference between the classes being enjoyable. (If you haven't driven a power-nothing, 3-on-the-tree, 6 volt, huck-braked, classic car before, I suggest you try it! Makes your modern car feel like a space ship)

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I was REALLY bummed when I heard about the auto start/stop feature on the Bronco. But I was told its really not that intrusive and is easily disabled off with a button. I still bitched and moaned.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I rented (Turo) a 2020 Wrangler for a trip from Miami to the Keys. It had that feature and while it was annoying, and I had to press that button once everytime I got in, it really wasnt that bad.

So my one and only hangup over the Bronco has been resolved!

On a side note, the 2.0 liter turbo 4 in the Wrangler was really peppy in this 4 door hardtop with skyroof, and so Im sure the 2.3L turbo 4 with manual tranny in my soft top 4dr Bronco will be just fine.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So there is something positive that I do every day while driving to/from work....

I've never been into Jeep's and while I respect their off-road chops, they look goofy and i've always had my automotive interests in detailing cars, racing cars or working on classics. Jeeps certainly cater to the "working on" aspect, but other than that.... Not in my interests.

The Bronco, and possibilities for winter off-roading to satisfy the motoring itch, were big draws. It also opens up camping opportunities and getting to different hiking trails (to make the gf happy).

So every day I take a look at the Jeeps on the roads (or the dealership which is passed on the morning drive) and visualize how much better the Bronco looks but also take cues from the Jeep to see what real-world people are doing with their Jeeps. What size tires are most common, common mods, colors, etc.

This helps break through the keyboard warrior aspect of building a vehicle in a class i've never had before and has helped zero in on what is likely to be the most useful.

Although I admit that discerning what generation or trim level they are has proven basically impossible except if it has the gaudy "RUBICON" hood, but i'm pretty zeroed in on Black Diamond if the 210 front axle is a single option, or Badlands if that's the way to get the 210 front axle and locker.

So every day I get to visualize my Bronco build. Even with Cactus Gray not being the Surf Green that I love so much, It is still going to be a really fun rig to daily drive and take offroad.

The classic cars will be there for summer cruising with the difference between the classes being enjoyable. (If you haven't driven a power-nothing, 3-on-the-tree, 6 volt, huck-braked, classic car before, I suggest you try it! Makes your modern car feel like a space ship)
I'm not a big fan of Jeeps either but I have been doing the same. I've noticed myself taking note of Jeeps in the parking lots while I walk into the store, or on the road on the way to work/home. And I've seen a lot of gear on them that I want to incorporate into my Bronco when I get it.

When I was younger I spent a lot of time on the drag strip near me and even though I always drove a Mustang I enjoyed hanging out with the Chevy/Dodge guys. It was a way to make friends and see what the different manufacturers were doing that may or may not have been available on my car of choice.

And I am going to take this attitude into owning a Bronco, because at the end of the day we're all "car/truck people". Whether it be racing, off-roading, detailing, or wrenching we all have very similar interests. Just different taste.

I hope one day I can attend some off-road events and do what came so natural at the race track and just hang out with other gear heads and have a good time.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was REALLY bummed when I heard about the auto start/stop feature on the Bronco. But I was told its really not that intrusive and is easily disabled off with a button. I still bitched and moaned.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I rented (Turo) a 2020 Wrangler for a trip from Miami to the Keys. It had that feature and while it was annoying, and I had to press that button once everytime I got in, it really wasnt that bad.

On a side note, the 2.0 liter turbo 4 in the Wrangler was really peppy in this 4 door hardtop with skyroof, and so Im sure the 2.3L turbo 4 with manual tranny in my soft top 4dr Bronco will be just fine.
My Dad's F-150 has that feature and he doesn't like it as well. Every time I have rode in his truck he starts the truck, plugs his phone in, and hits the start/stop button. I imagine I will be the same way in the Bronco, and after time it will just become part of the getting in the truck ritual and I won't even notice I do it.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Positivity - an A51 Sasquatch sighting. Maybe a little bit of poor photoshop work involved.

sasquatch.jpg
No way is that real...the shadows on the a Bronco are not correct.
To be positive though, Sasquatch looks legit and I’m a big fan.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm positive that if I was a person who had been counting on using X-plan I would be upset. I was not so, I am not.

Though I do understand the frustration they are feeling.

I have been in I.T. long enough now that at this point I'm only surprised when the new roll out of something actually goes smooth.
I always expect that the sales and or marketing department will over promise and blame it on someone else.

Good news is Build and Price will be here soon. And as long as I keep waking up every morning it's a good day.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

On Ranger you can use FORSCAN to permanently disable it. Total cost was about $150 and we also use it to pull codes or look at engine parameters, plus re-coding lighting or other features of the truck.

However, I must point out that using a turn signal every time you make a lane change or turn is also a compulsory movement. One which in this day of "let the vehicle do that for me, I don't want to have to do anything", is going the way of the dodo.... Just like having the situational awareness to have headlights on when it's raining (rain is a thing in Seattle!), or automatic windshield wipers and auto-sensing cruise control. People just don't want to be in charge of their vehicle anymore, let it function autonomously while we whisk from A to B.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No way is that real...the shadows on the a Bronco are not correct.
To be positive though, Sasquatch looks legit and I’m a big fan.
Good catch. The Bronco came from Ford colorizer where the lighting was coming from the rear. I should have used a different Bronco photo with lighting from the front. Sasquatch sowed up on my Instagram today.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m upbeat. Set out to buy a Tacoma Off Road in 2017 and didn’t care for small back seat and inability to raise drivers seat without modifications, then waited on Gladiator and diesel left Gladiator for improved torque and F/E. . Gladiator had some initial steering box issues, bad wind noise on highway, and the rear taillights tha don’t match the truck. Then waited on the Defender, it has had a number CELs and high pricing During this time I’ve kept up with the Bronco development, knowing I could get a vehicle that fits my needs really well. Good off trail ability, reliable manufacturer with reasonable service and repair costs, good F/E and torque/HP with proven 2.7 eco, decent back seat, rear cargo area for dog, and beautiful design lines that appeal to my 50 year old eyes. So my wait since 2017 to get my next 30 year rig included passing time looking at other vehicles I could never get around to buying. I know I am really just waiting to get the Bronco. I Ordered one the first day, cancelled to change dealers and reordered on day 2. All good because I am going to get everything I want and if it cost a few more bucks so be it. Only thing better would have been if the Bronco truck got rolled out as well.

Last edited:

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
On Ranger you can use FORSCAN to permanently disable it. Total cost was about $150 and we also use it to pull codes or look at engine parameters, plus re-coding lighting or other features of the truck.

However, I must point out that using a turn signal every time you make a lane change or turn is also a compulsory movement. One which in this day of "let the vehicle do that for me, I don't want to have to do anything", is going the way of the dodo.... Just like having the situational awareness to have headlights on when it's raining (rain is a thing in Seattle!), or automatic windshield wipers and auto-sensing cruise control. People just don't want to be in charge of their vehicle anymore, let it function autonomously while we whisk from A to B.
Yep.

No joke — was driving back from Bellevue on 90 to Seattle and was in perfect line of sight for this Tesla driver to NOT cross over into my lane w/ their signal on.
I knew for a fact they weren’t checking their shoulder or mirrors and made the maneuver anyway. The car autonomously veered back into their lane w/ no feedback from driver and hardly batted an eye of how bad the consequence could’ve been.

Smart cars make for dumber people.
but they’re probably rich so there, there’s my damn positivity.

Last edited:

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think all the problems in this forum would be solved if we had a NSFW section ?
Sponsored