Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reading about the 2 dozen blown 2.7's (which my math says is .1% give or take based on how many folks here represent the whole population), it is cause for concern.

Then I notice how many Ford trucks are out there, I watch Highway to Hell (for the Canucks) and the Highway departments all drive Ford trucks...they're everywhere! And this motor, perhaps with some mods, has been used for some time without trouble.

So it's time to turn the wheel and remember that you've got a 99.9% chance of NOT having a problem.

Just sayin'.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading about the 2 dozen blown 2.7's (which my math says is .1% give or take based on how many folks here represent the whole population), it is cause for concern.

Then I notice how many Ford trucks are out there, I watch Highway to Hell (for the Canucks) and the Highway departments all drive Ford trucks...they're everywhere! And this motor, perhaps with some mods, has been used for some time without trouble.

So it's time to turn the wheel and remember that you've got a 99.9% chance of NOT having a problem.

Just sayin'.
I came here to say I appreciate your mention of us Canucks :ROFLMAO: I have driven those mountain highways shown on Highway Thru Hell, and it's definitely some dangerous stuff, especially in the Winter. Very steep conditions!

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'

Just sayin'.
l'll take those odds. :)

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just sayin'.
Exactly! Ford will solve whatever the issue is, not worth losing sleep over it. I'd rather push a 2.7L than own a 2.3L.

Forums love to dwell on negativity unfortunately.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd rather push a 2.7L than own a 2.3L.
I feel exactly opposite, and one of us has better odds for pushing at the moment. Good luck.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Just sayin'.
I agree, it's a concern but I'm still pushing forward on my 2.7 :cool:

My hunch is as more members are get their build dates, the days of 30 page threads bemoaning Mike Levine and Ford production will come to an end. Nature abhors a vacuum - so I think we'll see more of these 2.7 blown threads for people that need to vent about something.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

24 / 50,000 = .00048
Relax & enjoy, you're probably not one.
Basically, take the same approach as you should with Covid 19.
You'll be fine.

Last edited:

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your numbers are not accurate. You need to compare "6G forum" 2.7 Failures to "6G forum" 2.7 owners. When you do, you will see that the chances are higher than you are suggesting.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is BRONO6G so how DARE you try to inject common sense?

Bad news is good for site traffic >> like Facebook

Just sayin'.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nobody really knows the math except for Ford. Could be 0.1% or 3% but regardless of what anyone estimates, it's nothing but speculation. There's certainly enough failures out there for this to be somewhat worrisome.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Extra positivity:
If you've been waiting over 500 days and don't even have a build date your engine can't blow because you don't have a bronco ;)

So many of us are 100% safe

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nobody really knows the math except for Ford. Could be 0.1% or 3% but regardless of what anyone estimates, it's nothing but speculation. There's certainly enough failures out there for this to be somewhat worrisome.
The only part of your comment that might be true is that it's an estimate only because it's too early to tell. How many will go in the next few months? We don't know. We do know that forum folks are <10% of total rigs. Someone has a handle on the 2.7/2.3 split and total builds. So it's a math problem other than the unknown of how many are yet to have problems. We can say with some confidence that it will never be 3%. .3% maybe....
Sponsored