Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is BRONO6G so how DARE you try to inject common sense?

Bad news is good for site traffic >> like Facebook
Should probably report this post to an Admin and have OP banned. No room here for common sense.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine has already stranded me once and it wouldn't do that to me twice, right?

Right?

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

99.9 is just 666 upside down.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

363 miles and still not blown.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should probably report this post to an Admin and have OP banned. No room here for common sense.
The 2.3L propaganda mill is strong! Remember the debunked theory last year that the 2.7L had more torque than the transmission was rated for? :LOL:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently in the danger zone...2,200 miles. I'm past break in. I refuse to baby mine. It's now time to see if she's gonna break.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am changing to 2.3. I only went 2.7 due to the port injection process. There isn’t a huge difference in HP, although the difference in torque is something to desire. I did some research on the previous 2.7 Ford used in their trucks, and although it might not have been huge numbers, the biggest failure issue was valve collapse. I would rather spend a half hour every 10,000 miles shooting cleaner into the intake to rid carbon build up in a 2.3 then wonder if I was sitting on a 2.7 bomb. I hope everyone of the 2.7 runners get a life time of terrific failure free performance. I will be whipping the 2.3.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only part of your comment that might be true is that it's an estimate only because it's too early to tell. How many will go in the next few months? We don't know. We do know that forum folks are <10% of total rigs. Someone has a handle on the 2.7/2.3 split and total builds. So it's a math problem other than the unknown of how many are yet to have problems. We can say with some confidence that it will never be 3%. .3% maybe....
My comment is 100% accurate. Nobody here can say any number with confidence. It's safe to say it's very likely less than 5% but we don't really know. Only Ford knows and anything else is speculation. You can't do any math without knowing exactly how many engines have failed vs how many have been manufactured and sold. We will never likely know how many have failed. Most Bronco owners are not on this site and we know is that some engines are failing based on some owners here and others that may post on other forms of social media.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My comment is 100% accurate. Nobody here can say any number with confidence. It's safe to say it's very likely less than 5% but we don't really know. Only Ford knows and anything else is speculation. You can't do any math without knowing exactly how many engines have failed vs how many have been manufactured and sold. We will never likely know how many have failed. Most Bronco owners are not on this site and we know is that some engines are failing based on some owners here and others that may post on other forms of social media.
Positivity thread!! lol....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do you know how many 2.3s have failed?
1 confirmed, and there's a recent one that had low oil pressure but I haven't seen the results.

That's not why I prefer the 2.3 though, I like it mainly because it's a compact inline and will be easy to service.

I'm sure most 2.7s will be just fine, the valve failures shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Last edited:

Loubiz90

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're so concerned about a 2.7 blowing up, get a truck with the 2.3. Pretty easy fix 😉

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
24 / 50,000 = .00048
Relax & enjoy, you're probably not one.
Basically, take the same approach as you should with Covid 19.
You'll be fine.
Damn, so many pessimists out there. Don't buy it, get the 2.3L, buy a Toyota and drive it for 1M miles...

Or, just go get your 5th booster shot and order the 2.7l. You'll be fine and if you're not fine, then obviously Ford will fix it. It's truly a better life over here is optimist-land.