First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The reason for having Ford do it, is mainly to maintain their warranty on it.
Yeah I read that but dang, is Ford really going to deny a warranty claim because you don’t have a receipt to prove that Ford or an ASE shop loaded the tune? I highly doubt it. It’s a Ford tune. There is literally no way to screw it up or install it wrong. Ok, I guess you could unplug the tuner while it’s updating the truck or something dumb like that. But once the tune loads…that’s it. There’s no wrenching involved, no secret Ford or ASE magic that happens if they do it.

To each their own obviously. I don’t mind paying someone to do work that I can’t do. But for something like this, it’s a no brainer.
Sponsored

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I read that but dang, is Ford really going to deny a warranty claim because you don’t have a receipt to prove that Ford or an ASE shop loaded the tune? I highly doubt it. It’s a Ford tune. There is literally no way to screw it up or install it wrong. Ok, I guess you could unplug the tuner while it’s updating the truck or something dumb like that. But once the tune loads…that’s it. There’s no wrenching involved, no secret Ford or ASE magic that happens if they do it.

To each their own obviously. I don’t mind paying someone to do work that I can’t do. But for something like this, it’s a no brainer.
Totally agree. I'd take them to court over it.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I agree, that aspect is a lil silly. As long as you don't do something dumb/avoidable and brick the computer. Proper install wouldn't result in anything different in the future.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally found a shop that would install the tune for me (just for warranty purposes). Well worth the purchase to me! The horsepower and torque is not going to knock your socks off but the shifting is night and day. Just like others have already said. Bonus points that I don’t have to press the ASS button anymore!

Last edited:

bigbmc26

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lincoln LS V8 2016 Focus ST 2023 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally found a shop that would install the tune for me (just for warranty purposes). Well worth the purchase to be! The horsepower and torque is not going to knock your socks off but the shifting is night and day. Just like others have already said. Bonus points that I don’t have to press the ASS button anymore!
Who did get to install it for you?

Sponsored

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anybody share what they paid dealer to install? Just install price. Would love to do it myself like I did on my superduty, but w all the problems the bronco has had would like to maintain my warranty. Thanks.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Running the tune and love it. I do not have sport mode, have not forescaned it in as of yet, but the vehicle def woke up. I have added a turbosmart blowoff, and will probably do a CAI once I decide on one, but with 93 in, I was surprised how much performance picked up. Great way to spend 600+ bucks, and the added benefit of having a code reader for any of your other fords.

Also if you change tire size, you can recalibrate your speedo as well.

Sponsored

AKcyn

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it possible to use FordPass reward points on a performance tuner?

NmfB

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Hoss 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had the Ford Performance Tune installed for a month now and as we all have read, posted, driven and experienced it is is a big difference and well worth the $800. The module is a bit clunky but it is nice to see more info on the screen. Boost, RPMs and pedal position seem like important info to see on the module but what other info do you like to have displayed? I also read that you do not have to have the module hooked up to still get the benefits of the tune?

module.jpg

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the Ford Performance Tune installed for a month now and as we all have read, posted, driven and experienced it is is a big difference and well worth the $800. The module is a bit clunky but it is nice to see more info on the screen. Boost, RPMs and pedal position seem like important info to see on the module but what other info do you like to have displayed? I also read that you do not have to have the module hooked up to still get the benefits of the tune?

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review module
You do not need to have it plugged in - Unless you like seeing the info the module provides. Otherwise, run the tune and throw it in your glove box.
Sponsored