John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi John. I got a build date for my base 2d manual today. I hadn’t seen jack about bases either and was pretty discouraged. It’s pretty bare bones, just added roof rack, floor mats and door keypad. Reservation was 14 July, build date is 9 August. There is hope.

Thanks...congrats.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made my last order change, my Wildtrak is now a Badlands without a tow package. I'm holding out for MIC top, 2.7, and Sasquatch though. I considered going soft top so that I can later add a white modular, but gosh I just have no faith hard tops will be available for order down the road.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your logic isn't wrong, it just doesn't take constraints into consideration.

Let's take for example a dealer with 10 allocations. You are #9. As Ford is scheduling, it goes down the list and #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 all have builds that have parts they don't have right now. Ford doesn't stop because the dealer has 10 allocations - it moves to #11, 12, 13 until if finds one it can build. So, let's say #13 can be built. Boom. It's scheduled.

Now, the dealer has 9 allocations left for the year, and timestamps #1-10 are still waiting. One of them isn't getting built.

Being higher on the list means you get considered first, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get built first. And, if enough of this happens, #9 is going to miss out on a MY21.
Thank you so much, that makes a lot more sense now!

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
I (And Business Schools Everywhere...) are waiting for your new book, "The Bronco Roof Debacle, And How Not To Screw Up A Really Good Product Launch." As hard as everyone has worked on the new Bronco, in hindsight, SMART PEOPLE WILL AGREE, this problem could have been avoided. I guar-un-freakin-T it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So since you are a member and you are not here for the early insight and information, what do you find helpful on the forum since 90% of the threads have people looking for information?
I’m just here for the rampant rumors to keep my hopes alive. Early insights are rare amongst the endless wailing and pineapple pictures.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m just here for the rampant rumors to keep my hopes alive. Early insights are rare amongst the endless wailing and pineapple pictures.
The problem is that people on the forum are nosey. Unfortunately there are some people who think they are entitled to more.
Got it, so entitled to nosey information to keep your hopes alive. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I (And Business Schools Everywhere...) are waiting for your new book, "The Bronco Roof Debacle, And How Not To Screw Up A Really Good Product Launch." As hard as everyone has worked on the new Bronco, in hindsight, SMART PEOPLE WILL AGREE, this problem could have been avoided. I guar-un-freakin-T it.

I respectfully disagree...working in the homebuilding business it is a nightmare to purchase/schedule/build homes right now. Everyday is a challenge to get materials and keep the costs as low as possible. Right now contract pricing is a thing of the past...nobody in our positions anticipated the breadth of these constraints and the impact it has had on our ability to deliver our products. I can commiserate with the folks behind the scenes there...we only want to build but the stuff just isn't there to do it.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
About that leaky roof on the newly rennovated MAP factory thats causing disruptions and delaying our Broncos (4 times for me):
When you redo an old building, start with the roof. Inspect it carefully. Get a roofing contractor. Do it over. Do it right, so you dont ruin the new stuff you put in the old building, like a manufacturing line. Just saying.

vickismith1023

Wildtrak
First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your timestamp is great, but your trim is constrained and your allocation spot is on the bubble. If getting your Bronco ASAP is top priority, I'd considering editing your clean, unscheduled order to a BL with soft top and prep kit. If you keep it as-is and end up not making a MY21 build, I have to imagine you'd be a very early MY22.

FWIW, my Flex was just over 188,000 miles on her at trade-in and she had a lot of life left to give. Have an independent mechanic go over your current car to check for any landmines.

@PREMiERdrum - Thank you for answering my question...greatly appreciated! Unfortunately, I’m not wanting a soft top at all, and the Wildtrak fits my family’s needs the best! I really hate that I might not have a shot for 2021 like I thought! I guess my allocation spot means nothing really at this point! If I’m even still in on their list. I have an order number, they checked just says unscheduled clean.

I’m not wanting to put any more money towards my 2013 Suburban! So ready to sell it & be done with it. Already had my transmission go out at 80,000 miles! At this point what we spent too much $$$$ to fix all the problems it’s had...just not worth it anymore. We will have to fix some things before we sell it too! And I don’t feel safe with my kids in it for much longer!

Oh well, I guess I’ll just wait it out until I can’t. I would be happy with December...at this point! Just so frustrating...it’s giving me anxiety I don’t need! 😒😒😒

And it’s SUPER frustrating to see people make a reservation & order SUPER late and get a production date. I’ve seen it happen.

I just saw this posted on fb.

Clarifications and updates in relation to roof availability
Ford Bronco Production update: As shutdown weeks loom, MAP hits its stride. Early 2 door reservation holders should hear something soon 68696B8A-EDBC-4D93-8701-95C87DCE0B2A

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a very good reason to not discuss details. Things are so fluid so unless you need to know on a daily basis you don't need to know. The problem is that people on the forum are nosey. :p Ford gives as much details as anyone actually needs. Unfortunately there are some people who think they are entitled to more.
Come on, man. Try harder! Did you really think I would take that stinky bait, or is your tackle box almost empty? 😂

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Webasto definitely benefitted from a much longer leash than they deserved, though it's not like they're some unknown startup. The multiple levels of failure involved almost defy reality.

With that said: Buckle up. The drama is still unfolding.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Webasto definitely benefitted from a much longer leash than they deserved, though it's not like they're some unknown startup. The multiple levels of failure involved almost defy reality.

Oh boy

Tupoo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@PREMiERdrum I know it’s been harped on here a ton, but thank you so much for answering questions and helping temper everyone’s expectations. I have been lurking here for about 6 months and have gotten all of the info about my order answered by the awesome people on this forum. I haven’t heard anyone touch on something similar to my situation in regards to this new email correspondence though:

I have a very late reservation (early 2021) and placed my order with my dealer before the March 19th date. I am obviously pretty close to last in line at my dealership. I have a fully loaded (all deadly sins) 4d Wildtrak on order that I told the dealer to 99 for in order to get the black MOD top. I was hoping for around Q3 2022 delivery. After this email, I am contemplating changing to a MIC top. My question is if, given my reservation and sins, do you think there would be a significant amount of difference between the timing of me getting my bronco with a MIC in 2022 vs waiting to get a black MOD top (hopefully) at the beginning of 2023? If the two are within 3 months of each other, it might be worth it to wait. If you think the MOD top could be pushed back even further, then I wouldn’t think it worth the wait.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So is there going to be another “update” email sent at 4:00 tomorrow?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.