Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oooofff. I might spring for two. Thing with zip ties is that they last forever, until they don't.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we sure this doesn’t affect 2.3 owners?
Not that I've seen on here yet. Smaller package, more room for hose routing I suspect.

It's funny, the 2.7 has been touted as the "more reliable" engine on here by many yet it's the only one to have issues so far that I've noticed.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like my 9/13 build OBX already has this fix, thankfully. Hose is not near the pulley (pic 1), and there is a zip tie holding the hose back (pic 2). Another zip tie may be in order, however.

20211022_230938.jpg

20211022_231001.jpg
If @flip did the PDI on your Bronco he probably put the zip tie on it not the factory.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They may have started doing at some point but none we've gotten so far, have. Told my PDI folks weeks ago to just do on any of these that have the 2.7. While the zip tie isn't the ideal OE fix, it is an acceptable repair method. Best would be for Ford to make some type of plastic restraint clamp like the one above it on the same hose. I put on our Ford message boards back in August when the other thread kicked off so other dealers could check them.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: this issue is what caused the coolant leak and stranded Bronco at this thread:

Just got the Bronco delivered today. After reading stories about coolant leaks, I decided to take a look and see if there were any issues. I found that a nut on a pulley was contacting the coolant hose. It had chewed through the nylon weave protecting the hose and started to work into the rubber hose. This was only after 32 miles! I gave it the quick zip tie fix as mentioned in other posts. Seems ok now and will follow up as part of the first service.

Posting this for other 2.7L owners. Pls do a quick check. A $0.25 cent zip tie may save u! Here is a pic (after the zip tie fix), u can see the mesh on the hose is frayed, the nut closest was the culprit.

9B2C02A0-74CF-4A6C-9563-0A48F77BB944.jpeg
Update: this issue is what caused the coolant leak and stranded Bronco at this thread:

Just got the Bronco delivered today. After reading stories about coolant leaks, I decided to take a look and see if there were any issues. I found that a nut on a pulley was contacting the coolant hose. It had chewed through the nylon weave protecting the hose and started to work into the rubber hose. This was only after 32 miles! I gave it the quick zip tie fix as mentioned in other posts. Seems ok now and will follow up as part of the first service.

Posting this for other 2.7L owners. Pls do a quick check. A $0.25 cent zip tie may save u! Here is a pic (after the zip tie fix), u can see the mesh on the hose is frayed, the nut closest was the culprit.

9B2C02A0-74CF-4A6C-9563-0A48F77BB944.jpeg
Zip ties are great things, but do not last forever. If Ford or the dealer does not offer a better fix, I would use one of those rubber coated metal clamps. Harder to do, but will last for the life of your Bronco. I will do this, if Ford ever decides to build my Day 2 reservation for my 2 door Badlands with the 2.7.

Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry that the first pic was pretty dark. Phone's flash just wasn't getting down there. Tried to lighten up the pic here to hopefully better show the separation between the pulley bolt and the hose.

20211022_230938.jpg
you think I can call the people at dirt mountain and tell them while they are sitting on my "built 8/16" vehicle, they can put a zip tie on the thingy? dafuq (you can't even make this sh*t up); But thank you for this info!!

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine needed it. I tried to do a quick video to show the location.
Thanks in advance. The photos are helpful, but without it right in front of me, I don't think I know what I'm looking at.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Total bs shouldn't have to carry zip ties for 50k vehicle 🙄
Zip ties and
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 1635002102067

to be added with the jumper cables. Roll of tape can double as a cup holder as well.

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

While I was zip tying the hose back, I notice this plastic cap thing sitting on my engine block. It was already starting to melt, which probably explains the slight smell I've noticed after driving around. I didn't see anywhere on the engine it would go, so probably a cap from a part during installation? Anyone see this before?
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 29F1B193-9B1A-45F6-9DE9-59AAE08C24F8
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 79F13697-B00C-41E2-98F6-35CF9364D5C6

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

While I was zip tying the hose back, I notice this plastic cap thing sitting on my engine block. It was already starting to melt, which probably explains the slight smell I've noticed after driving around. I didn't see anywhere on the engine it would go, so probably a cap from a part during installation? Anyone see this before?
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 79F13697-B00C-41E2-98F6-35CF9364D5C6
That looks like a battery post cap that was pulled off the battery when they connected it. Should have been in the trash instead of left in the engine bay

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks like a battery post cap that was pulled off the battery when they connected it. Should have been in the trash instead of left in the engine bay
wow... the quality control at Ford is superb

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's what I was thinking too. Appreciate the confirmation!
Sponsored