Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my reservation with Felix Sebates Ford in Charlotte. The internet manager reached out to me as soon as I made my reservation and has been extremely responsive to all of my emails. He said they are not doing ADM on pre-orders and will accept X-plan so long as Ford allows it on the Bronco.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All dealerships for any car tries to add something; reason why car sales is sleazy and everyone hates car dealerships and why the internet will soon take over the vehicle purchasing experience. (Think Blockbuster Video)

That said, I understand business and know they must make money somewhere. Point is it won't be me. I'm just a buyer who is informed, knows better, and only needs for the dealership to complete a state law mandated transaction since you can't purchase direct from the manufacturer. There are a ton of jobs for semi skilled men and women who would be totally screwed without car dealerships.

My message to employees of car dealerships is to re-educate yourselves or learn a skill, particularly if you're in sales; you don't have a future and in less than 10 years you won't have a job and that will be your own fault. Open your eyes!! :oops:

Paint coating, etching (may be legit), those damn dealership stickers are a no go for me to pay for. My simple advice is that if they don't wish to eat the costs for doc fees and all of the other jazz; fine. Don't put a dealership sticker on my truck at all; we may actually fight. Beyond that, for doc fees and all I know that does have a cost, so I'll just negotiate that much off of the price.

Bronco for some reason has low margins for dealerships, so I won't try to shave any more than $1500 off, just to be fair for us both.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All dealerships for any car tries to add something; reason why car sales is sleazy and everyone hates car dealerships and why the internet will soon take over the vehicle purchasing experience. (Think Blockbuster Video)

That said, I understand business and know they must make money somewhere. Point is it won't be me. I'm just a buyer who is informed, knows better, and only needs for the dealership to complete a state law mandated transaction since you can't purchase direct from the manufacturer. There are a ton of jobs for semi skilled men and women who would be totally screwed without car dealerships.

My message to employees of car dealerships is to re-educate yourselves or learn a skill, particularly if you're in sales; you don't have a future and in less than 10 years you won't have a job and that will be your own fault. Open your eyes!! :oops:

Paint coating, etching (may be legit), those damn dealership stickers are a no go for me to pay for. My simple advice is that if they don't wish to eat the costs for doc fees and all of the other jazz; fine. Don't put a dealership sticker on my truck at all; we may actually fight. Beyond that, for doc fees and all I know that does have a cost, so I'll just negotiate that much off of the price.

Bronco for some reason has low margins for dealerships, so I won't try to shave any more than $1500 off, just to be fair for us both.
A buddy of mine and his family are not good negotiators. They are very averse to what they perceive as conflict, and so they get taken to the cleaners when buying cars. The dealers love them, lol.

Point being, it's people like my buddy that contribute to car salespersons starting with inflated prices and add-ons. The salesperson is testing to see what sort of person they are dealing with, and what they can get out of the deal. If someone is willing to pay thousands more than they should, the salesperson will take that money.

I bought my first new car last January, went through that dance, and eventually got a price that the salesperson and me were satisfied with. The situation is what it is. I'm not trying to take food off the dealer/salesperson table. But also I realize they are making quite a bit extra off certain customers.

All my other cars were used, and I bought from private parties. It seems easier in those situations to arrive at a fair deal without all the extra stuff, and have both parties satisfied with the deal. I want private seller and me happy. With a private party I'm not suddenly seeing a $400 etching charge or various fees.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these addons reflected in the vehicles window sticker pricing? I am curious and looking at the dealer I have my reservation with. From their online window stickers I am not seeing any of these items. Or are these things they slide in when you're at the negotiating table?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can ask your dealership now about pricing, mandatory ad ons... if you are unhappy just change dealers.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats all fine and dandy, and certainly within your right to shop around, just don’t be one of those guys that drives four states away to save $200, even though the other dealer is probably getting the same or more in “doc” fees or some other hidden line item, (which is less than 3 cents per month over an 84 month loan BTW) only to have some $1000+ sensor or module crap out at mileage 36001, and then expect your local dealer to float you a goodwill repair. Loyalty goes both ways.
I love the cents per month for months lines. "It's only so many cents per month for 10% of your life span." :p

If a $1000 module craps out at 36,001 miles, it's time to buy a Toyota. My wife's Focus clutch shuttered and was denied warranty for years, and then her explorer PTU blew out the seals at 40,000 miles and the service department didn't want to warranty it. I'd have been screwed if I didn't have family inside of ford. After those experiences, my wife is back driving Toyotas. When I buy new vehicles, it's always going to be on the internet. I've wasted too much of my life on sales floor shenanigans. Then, if the sales guys aren't bad enough, the finance guy acts like your starving his kids if you don't buy something from him.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A buddy of mine and his family are not good negotiators. They are very averse to what they perceive as conflict, and so they get taken to the cleaners when buying cars. The dealers love them, lol.

Point being, it's people like my buddy that contribute to car salespersons starting with inflated prices and add-ons. The salesperson is testing to see what sort of person they are dealing with, and what they can get out of the deal. If someone is willing to pay thousands more than they should, the salesperson will take that money.

I bought my first new car last January, went through that dance, and eventually got a price that the salesperson and me were satisfied with. The situation is what it is. I'm not trying to take food off the dealer/salesperson table. But also I realize they are making quite a bit extra off certain customers.

All my other cars were used, and I bought from private parties. It seems easier in those situations to arrive at a fair deal without all the extra stuff, and have both parties satisfied with the deal. I want private seller and me happy. With a private party I'm not suddenly seeing a $400 etching charge or various fees.
Spot on. Hate that your friends folks get taken, but that's how they decide to roll. Taking the approach that you have will save you money; just takes a little work.

This truck is so popular, sales people won't be able to help themselves as their lives are built around short term thinking. Living life by the quarter is why they don't see the life of car dealerships is fast approaching it's end.

Polaroid had a strong business in 1999, so did Blockbuster Video. Reason why consumers took the first bus out of town is because these businesses suck! These were businesses that were not consumer friendly. Car dealerships are not consumer friendly, so they either change the stupid, stubborn practices, or we will find a way to elect politicians who will change the laws so that all manufacturers can operate like Tesla which is much cleaner.

Same reason why we shop online instead of the mall. Well, too many teenagers and malls suck!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can ask your dealership now about pricing, mandatory ad ons... if you are unhappy just change dealers.
But why should we have to work in order to get a vehicle buying experience that doesn't suck?

Not fair to force the customer to "shop" around for a dealership that isn't full of assholes.

The lack of consistency is what will kill the car dealership business model within the next decade. Not sure where these guys will work. Guess they can sling boxes in an Amazon sweat shop, err Amazon warehouse and distribution center is what I meant; not really....

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pretty sure Crossroads ford charges $699 as a dealer doc fee.

Just stay away from them.

Capital and University are $699 as well.

I have mine reserved at Crossroads Wake Forest. I went in and met with the salesman who had emailed me. I specifically asked about that $497 worth of add-ons. It's not something that you have to get. Of course, he was really talking it up and highly suggesting it.

SpaZnBronCo91

Big Bend
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've just been calling around my surrounding areas, I'm around Columbus OH and so far they are all the same. They will except xplan, no ADM and possible veteran/ military discount if eligible. I haven't dealt with add on crap so far but I'm sure they will find a way the closer we get to the end of the year!

Sponsored

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I bought my Daytona Charger the dealer agreed no add ons or dealership sticker when I ordered. I go to pick it up and right on the rear bumper an obnoxious dealer sticker was glaring at me. I left. They called me back and finally agreed to pay to have it removed and detailed by a detailer of my choice. The dealer acted like they were the one that should be pissed off. That dealer is the only reason I don’t also have a Jeep Gladiator in the garage. I’m not driving any distance for a new CDJ dealer. They also took three weeks to figure out the screen was staying on (just barely glowing to the point you could only tell in complete darkness) and constantly leaving me stranded with a dead battery. Luckily the Ford dealer in town has a great reputation and the owner was a long time neighbor of mine

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But why should we have to work in order to get a vehicle buying experience that doesn't suck?

Not fair to force the customer to "shop" around for a dealership that isn't full of assholes.

The lack of consistency is what will kill the car dealership business model within the next decade. Not sure where these guys will work. Guess they can sling boxes in an Amazon sweat shop, err Amazon warehouse and distribution center is what I meant; not really....
There is a reason car dealers have the reputation they do. I know not all are slimey, but many fit the stereotype ?‍♂

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer doc fees are a scam, the finance guy is being paid regardless if they charge you $100 for so called doc fees.

Run away on that, there are plenty of dealers that won’t charge doc fees.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am in VA and I go out of state as VA charges a dealer doc fee of $699. NY state charges $75.

I purchased my GEN1 and GEN2 Raptor from NY at invoice and plan to buy my Bronco from the same dealership. I know this dealership well and they already said they will sell the bronco to me at invoice and perhaps even lower.

Capital and University are $699 as well.

I have mine reserved at Crossroads Wake Forest. I went in and met with the salesman who had emailed me. I specifically asked about that $497 worth of add-ons. It's not something that you have to get. Of course, he was really talking it up and highly suggesting it.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just don't want my dealer to put their stupid sticker and license plate frame on my Bronco... if they want to advertise using my vehicle my fee is pretty steep.
I HATE this practice. We bought a new Optima in Kenosha (very good deal btw) and have it serviced locally for warranty purposes. Anyway, every time we take it in for required service, they slap a frame on there. I take it off every time. I told the Service Manager I'd send them an invoice for advertising. He laughed. I had a blank stare on my face. He stopped laughing.
Sponsored