Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Impatiently awaiting release.......
I should be getting a visit from my Ford Accessory rep here in the next week or two. I'm going to press him on these and try to extract any updated information he can provide.

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well I got impatient and emailed him. The rep told me it's looking more like June/July for a release. Still trying to get CARB approvals blah blah blah....I told him sneak one out for me as I don't care about (won't get political)....insert your own comments in the parentheses. So looks like we still have a bit to wait.

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well I got impatient and emailed him. The rep told me it's looking more like June/July for a release. Still trying to get CARB approvals blah blah blah....I told him sneak one out for me as I don't care about (won't get political)....insert your own comments in the parentheses. So looks like we still have a bit to wait.
Like I said the tune has been done for some time. The waiting game is all for CARB. They wonā€™t release something OE thatā€™s not CARB approved. They should do a special promo price for us for waiting šŸ˜€

OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the update. The important thing we need to remember is that eventually, the tune will be released. For a while, there were talks that the tune was put on hold and could have been canceled.

We also have something to look forward to (Potential June/July release). Just think how much different our Raptors will perform. It will be like having a new vehicle!

Only concern that I have is how does the tune affect customers with a Ford ESP plan?

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the update. The important thing we need to remember is that eventually, the tune will be released. For a while, there were talks that the tune was put on hold and could have been canceled.

We also have something to look forward to (Potential June/July release). Just think how much different our Raptors will perform. It will be like having a new vehicle!

Only concern that I have is how does the tune affect customers with a Ford ESP plan?
I was told it wasn't an issue. I trust them as much as I trust a politician but that is what I was told. I'll get that in writing before I get it installed. I'm hoping the FP timeframe is the same for non Raptor Broncos.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I might dig some more when I am at MCA 60th in 10 days as the right FP will be there. Most of the time you get the NDA timeframes, but I will see.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I posted this in a different thread but if you want to see aftermarket CARB exemptions, itā€™s easy to look them up on CARBā€™s website. I spent 15 years in the aftermarket industry and getting CARB exemptions takes time. In any case, hereā€™s the link to the 2021-2023 2.3 and 2.7 Eco Boost calibration document:
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/aftermarket/devices/eo/d-431-5.pdf

If you want to search for others or keep looking until you see the 3.0L file pop up, you can search here under manuf for Ford:
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/applications/aftermarket-parts-database

Greekbull

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor...shopping
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty ridiculous that insane emissions laws are effecting everyone else in the Country. Come out with at tune...don't sell it in California until it's approved if ever. Simple fix. There are other industries that sell things that are restricted in California. Firearms is a great example.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called Ford performance the other day and even after the agent put me on hold to double check he wouldn't give me ANY information. Not sure why their so tight lipped now......

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called Ford performance the other day and even after the agent put me on hold to double check he wouldn't give me ANY information. Not sure why their so tight lipped now......
Hereā€™s my polar opposites call outā€¦ itā€™s either been canned and it isnā€™t gonna happen OR itā€™s happening soon. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about. šŸ˜…

91pF

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty ridiculous that insane emissions laws are effecting everyone else in the Country. Come out with at tune...don't sell it in California until it's approved if ever. Simple fix. There are other industries that sell things that are restricted in California. Firearms is a great example.
I guarantee, more than likely, the majority of Braptors also happened to be owned by people in California.
Sponsored