Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford does not care until it affects the bottom line. Ford is selling every vehicle they can complete. Until that stops, Ford doesn't care what goes on at the dealer level.

My wife bought a new vehicle last week. We looked at several brands. Ford was the only brand we excluded in the search. I am enjoying my Bronco, but I will not be a repeat customer for Ford.
I bailed on the Bronco. I said I would look at the Bronco again in a year or two but each time I'm here I sour on the brand and the process a little more. I'll likely not buy a Bronco and more than likely will not buy a Ford. I

I've never been a brand kind of person. With a strong opinion for or against any automotive company but I'll likely actively exclude Ford from any further purchases. I've owned a few Fords in the past.... My dad was a Ford employee for my whole childhood. None of that matters when you see what a hot mess this has all been for the customer.

I'm still here because I do like the Bronco, I like seeing everyone's build, but I'll likely keep my Tacoma for another decade.

Sorry not sorry, Ford
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wanted a Bronco, so I stuck it out. Thankfully my dealer agreed to MSRP up front and was willing to give it to me in writing. I am incredibly unimpressed with Ford’s attempt to be modern with reservations, but total lack of follow through with communications or control over the good ole boy dealer network. The Tesla purchase and ownership experience destroys that of Ford.
That said, there are some great folks at Ford. I had some engineers really step up when I had engine failure and the reacquired vehicle team was awesome as well (though they are contractors to Ford). Overall, I completely agree that dealers putting ADM on orders is wrong and should not be protected by the BS protectionist dealer laws.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So for those of you who say Ford can't enforce no dealer ADMs. Why is it they could put a stipulation on the Ford GT that they could not be resold for two years. And enforced it by taking people to court over it.

They could enforce no ADMs if they really wanted to. But they have zero to gain by doing it. And in all honesty I don't see what they had to gain on the GT stipulation. They got their money in the original sale.

What this tells me is they have no problem with dealers making a big profit with an ADM. But they didn't want customers making any money off the sale of a GT.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So for those of you who say Ford can't enforce no dealer ADMs. Why is it they could put a stipulation on the Ford GT that they could not be resold for two years. And enforced it by taking people to court over it.

They could enforce no ADMs if they really wanted to. But they have zero to gain by doing it. And in all honesty I don't see what they had to gain on the GT stipulation. They got their money in the original sale.

What this tells me is they have no problem with dealers making a big profit with an ADM. But they didn't want customers making any money off the sale of a GT.
Ford GT sales were approved through an application and selection process directly with Ford. You could not go into a dealership and "order" a Ford GT no matter how much money extra you were willing to pay. not the same...

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife bought a new vehicle last week. We looked at several brands. Ford was the only brand we excluded in the search. I am enjoying my Bronco, but I will not be a repeat customer for Ford.
Is that the GV70? My wife has recently discovered them and she loves the way it looks. I have to admit, it looks like some kind of high end, euro exotic on the inside and I can get one decently equipped for around the same money as my Badlands. How do you like it?

Giddy Up

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer, 2021 Bronco, 2019 Yamaha
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update 2:
After Ford talked to them, they’re down to $10K over MSRP which is what they claim they did for all FE and Wildtrak holders. Knowing other dealers sold at MSRP makes that hard for me but will make a decision on that today.

Update:
Can we hold off on any more negative Google reviews? Mike Levine responded to my Tweet so I’m in contact and he believes the negative reviews will just make the problem worse at the moment. Thank you! Maybe there’s hope??

I’m still trying to let the anger dissipate. Went to go pickup my FE order that got delivered to the dealership yesterday. Found out they wanted $118K for it ($56K markup).

I blew a gasket having waited a year and a half with a year of delays.

Superior Ford in Plymouth, MN. Their excuse - “well you didn’t sign anything and that’s what the market price is”. I was forced to walk out with no Bronco. I feel totally taken advantage of and that they just used my reservation/order so they could get one for their lot and sell at a huge markup with no intention of honoring my reservation. When I showed up it was like they weren’t even aware it was my Bronco I had reserved.

Had I known how shady the dealership was, I would have gone done the street and had it transferred to Morries Ford who would have sold at MSRP.
I use to live by Superior years ago and had them do my service work. In 2005 they were adding $5K ADM's to the new Mustang. I had one on order but switched to an out of state dealer that sold me one at invoice. I have since purchased over a dozen new Fords from that out of state dealer. I don't think in the long run that worked out too well for Superior.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that the GV70? My wife has recently discovered them and she loves the way it looks. I have to admit, it looks like some kind of high end, euro exotic on the inside and I can get one decently equipped for around the same money as my Badlands. How do you like it?
So far we like it. I think it’s a gamble on a relatively new brand, but they’ve been making cars for a long time. Some good, some not so good, like most brands I suppose. My wife preferred it over the XC60, GLC, X3, etc.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, OP, any truth to this response from the dealership? It is what they are posting to every 1-star Google review.
Ford Bronco Resolved to my satisfaction 6E9FD971-15E6-45A4-A3E5-D7BEDBEFEEA5

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, OP, any truth to this response from the dealership? It is what they are posting to every 1-star Google review.
Ford Bronco Resolved to my satisfaction 6E9FD971-15E6-45A4-A3E5-D7BEDBEFEEA5
If he didnt want it, he would have cancelled and gotton his 100 dollars back. He did not cancel.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If he didnt want it, he would have cancelled and gotton his 100 dollars back. He did not cancel.
I’m inclined to agree. Their response reads strangely…

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford GT sales were approved through an application and selection process directly with Ford. You could not go into a dealership and "order" a Ford GT no matter how much money extra you were willing to pay. not the same...
I fully understand how the GT please process worked. My point was is they enforced the no resale for two years. They could enforce the no dealer ADM if they really wanted to in order to protect buyers. But there is no benefit for them to do a damn thing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.