Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were Sas + racks on 2 doors 2.3l, not sure about the 4 doors, not sure overland concept was Sas, was it?
It wasn’t but it still had 35s and bunch of other stuff that add weight. So my point is what’s the difference.
Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It wasn’t but it still had 35s and bunch of other stuff that add weight. So my point is what’s the difference.
The smaller engine would appear to be the difference. The rack can be added to 4 door builds that have the 2.3 engine.
What is the weight difference between the engines?

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can buy from the dealer and install yourself, as with all accessories ordered before delivery you will be paying more for yearly DMV registration and insurance because they will increase the vehicles cost up front. Adding a bunch of accessories later will save you $ every year In lower reg fees. Only advantage to putting them on up front is if you lack the cash to add them after delivery.
The OP appears to be from FL, not CA. Fortunately, Florida doesn’t have such a crazy system of taxing vehicles based on Value... it’s based on weight/class.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If this is weight related, how on earth will they be able to sustain a metal modular roof? Surely that is heavier than the roof rack! :LOL:
The roof is not made of metal, unlike the original Bronco

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the last line of this document. It is from 7/24/20. 9 days after the reveal.

D7C7C127-AC0D-424C-B9C3-9DD899DB410B.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the last line of this document. It is from 7/24/20. 9 days after the reveal.

Ford Bronco Roof Racks with Wildtrak D7C7C127-AC0D-424C-B9C3-9DD899DB410B
How would a static roof load not be "available?" Wouldn't it say the roof rack would not be available? I've read that document and never have seen that statement.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would a static roof load not be "available?" Wouldn't it say the roof rack would not be available? I've read that document and never have seen that statement.
I don’t know. I saved this pdf on 7/24. I’m not the engineer on the project.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at The Wrangler.....the only rack you see are those aftermarket exoskeleton racks by Gobi....that’s probably an indication of the limitations you see for the Bronco

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know. I saved this pdf on 7/24. I’m not the engineer on the project.
I just want to read it. I see lots of sasquatch Broncos on Ford's website that have roof racks on them. Thanks for sharing it, even though it makes me sad. I think they should have been a lot more specific about it instead of hiding it on a pdf somewhere. I tried to find that info on the website, but I can't find it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, this is on the Ford website.

Ford Bronco Roof Racks with Wildtrak wildtrak with roof accessories.JPG

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 door has a 1,370 pound payload. I don't see how a roof rack pushes you over. Especially considering how many other weird things are in the b&p.
the 4 door has five seats instead of the 2-door's 4, that is the weight of an extra human being off that number, say they use 175lbs for each person, that is 875lbs, leaving 495lbs, maybe twice as much cargo space in 4 door as 2 door? call it 50lbs of gear per person fully loaded (because just a wild ass guess as I don't know the formula Ford uses, but 250lbs of cargo is, to my mind, very conservative for what they would design an off-road truck with aimed at heading out in the wilderness with ice chest/food, and gear). that gets you to 245 lbs left. Rack weighs maybe 80lbs (another guess), but will hold up to 110lbs dynamic load, for GVWR rating that is an additional 190lbs so now you are at 55lbs left. The maximum payload, is that calculated with the base small diffs and basic 4wd or the heavier diffs, steel bumpers, and Sasquatch wheels/tires? Might be a couple hundred pounds there as well.

Ford absolutely has to keep the rating below 6001lbs or they move into a class 2 truck rating.

As you can see, even with conservative guestimates, that payload is eaten up by normal stuff right quick, Will the truck ever actually be loaded like that? Rarely, but it can be and that is the rub.
Sponsored