Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it's a fad, paying 10k plus over sticker for any bronco. The FE is hardly limited and not even numbered. Sure vehicle shortages can drive a little more demand with people in general paying closer to MSRP but that has little to no affect on this conversation.
If you think this is a fad, then I think you will be disappointed 1 year from now, maybe even 2-3 years from now.
Sponsored

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
Drive it and enjoy for 1 to 2 years, sell for nearly what you paid, not many new vehicles offer this opportunity for this much enjoyment, pride, and zero cost miles.

Now, if you sell it, then have to buy from the current limited choices, you may gain 20-25k now, but the lesser enjoyable vehicle will depreciate that amount in 2 years which brings you to a break even point.

In summary, sell only if you need the money, otherwise enjoy the possibly once in a lifetime benefits.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I daydream about cruising in my Bronco with the doors and roof off, I've been thinking about it long enough I can damn near feel the sun on my face when I do.

No one has enough cash to put that off one more day, and definitely not snatch it from me once I have it. Yes, no one.

So no I do not think you are crazy.

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is that crooked?

I just don't see how dealer A selling a Bronco for price X makes them "crooked". They are forthright and acting in good faith, a buyer has every right to accept or not accept the terms...what is the big deal?

So long as the buyer and the seller agree to terms, what the hell is crooked there?
Its called Fair Market Economy. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. We do it in the stock market every day.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
I don't have mine yet but if offered I'd have to weigh the hassle of buying an interim vehicle and waiting for a 22 or 23 on a 99 reservation I have. A lot will depend on my first impressions as i haven't driven one yet. All that being said I probably won't seek to sell it. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the past year and a half I had 2 major health scares. Now I think "if I am in the hospital for that 1 final time, what would be better? An extra 30K in the bank or having enjoyed myself.":unsure:
I never seen an armored car following a hearse.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a reason I have the bronco I do, because I wanted a Bronco and it was in stock. I could have submitted an order, waited for years and maybe got what I wanted, or I could pony up (pun intended) sticker and enjoy all of the looks and attention owning/driving a Bronco currently earns you.

I didn't buy it because it made financial sense... Hell, the mustang I traded in on it was paid off in 2018, so it made zero financial sense at all.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the past year and a half I had 2 major health scares. Now I think "if I am in the hospital for that 1 final time, what would be better? An extra 30K in the bank or having enjoyed myself.":unsure:
I never seen an armored car following a hearse.
Amen to that!! But there are some who will follow a hearse thinking it's an armored car - (aka ambulance chasers, same ilk as cheater dealers!)

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The way things are going if you sold it you could not get another Bronco for 2 years at least. But the price will have gone up in 2 years for a new bronco. Also you need to drive something so you would need to buy and then sell another vehicle. So 20k take away cost of another vehicle for 2 years and add in the price going up. You will not end up with a new Bronco and 20k in your pocket in two years. Maybe you will be left with 8k, which is something but you had to do without a Bronco for 2 years and had the hassle of buying and selling both vehicles. Not feeling like it is worth it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look under completed sold items. They have been selling, not just listing, first editions for anywhere between the low $80's to over $100K. Since Oct 18th for instance (the last week), they have SOLD 10 First Editions with a low of $80,500 to a high of $99,900. Only 1 was buy it now. The rest were auctions that people won and were over the reserve.

I get the excitement and all but if there was a chance at a quick easy $30,000 +, I'd jump on that and reorder another.
I stand corrected.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think this is a fad, then I think you will be disappointed 1 year from now, maybe even 2-3 years from now.
nah, I've been buying and selling very sought after cars for 30yrs. Sure it may take a year or two for production to catch-up with demand(it's a new vehicle that people want..) but this time next year the market will have plenty of used vehicles available. Its already fairly easy to find an abandoned order at MSRP.

Last edited:

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've wanted this thing since I sold my last Bronco (II) eleven years ago. Been excited since Ford announced the return in 2018 and checked obsessively for developments through the first half of 2020. Been on this forum most days for 15 months, checking trackers every day since my July build I am NOT selling, gonna have to buy a burial plot big enough to fit me and my Bronco.
Luckly we have a family cemetery in Olā€˜ Miss. I have plenty of room!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nah, I've been buying and selling very sought after cars for 30yrs. Sure it may take a year or two for production to catch-up with demand(it's a new vehicle that people want..) but this time next year the market will have plenty of used vehicles available. It already fairly easy to find an abandoned order at MSRP.
You wrote "nah", but then when on to say what I did...that we are looking at 1-2 years to correct. LOL

I would be interested in these easy to find, purchase ready Broncos at MSRP...because I haven't seen them.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not selling my Bronco no matter what someone offers ( it's not for sale), I probably won't sell my Jeep either, In the past 15 Months I have looked at every other vehicle available ( on line, you tube, at Dealers, e-bay etc. and there is nothing I would rather have than My Bronco (hopefully getting in about 4-6 days) When I look back now if I would of invested the $60K I put aside for the Bronco back on July 14th 2020 when Tesla stock was $300 a share today I would have $203,686.99 now that hurts a bit , but to wait for 6,8,12,18 Months again for another Bronco built the way I want it and the excitement I am gonna have when I finally get it is (Priceless)!