First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
I smell bias in this one! Of course your Bimmer is faster and probably gets better mileage, everything else is debatable. I've been in several BMWs, none are more comfortable than the Bronco not even close. I admit this is my opinion comfort is subjective, but for me the high and upright seating position of the Bronco is unbeatable and super comfortable, especially for those days running with the windows open elbows resting on the door and center console. The fuel economy has nothing to do with the I6 being more efficient and everything to do with the size, weight and the Bronco being an off road vehicle with huge tires. That said, there is NO WAY you are getting 40 MPG going 100 MPG, that is beyond crazy. I don't know what model BMW you have, but an X5 with 3L is rated for 21/25 MPG, exactly the same real word mileage I'm getting with my Base 2.3L Bronco, and this is comparing a car based SUV to a genuine truck! Granted I'm not going 100 MPH or want to, but get real. Get the X5 with a V8 and the mileage drops to an abysmal 13/18! I get it you prefer lux sporty cars over the Bronco, that is fine and good, but man you are stretching on this one. Honestly, I don't even want a so called lux interior in my Bronco, I love it like it is.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/BMW2021.shtml
Sponsored

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's just impractical enough that it feels like a luxury without looking like a total clown

Also top off and doors off is what sold me and what I probably like the best

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco legacy drew me in, but driving it just puts a smile on my face. We are looking to make the Bronco our adventure vehicle, take us to places we've never been across this country of ours.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
I think you summed my feelings up pretty well. I initially ordered it because it just looked cool as hell. Then I found out, the Wife said, "I always wanted a Bronco"......deal was sealed. I also got a 2 door BD. It arrived exactly 2 years from the date of reservation. I got the V6. Lots of power, easy to manuever.....just love driving it. I have also enjoyed moding it.
It's not going anywhere. When I croak, the Wife said she is keeping it. I said, "have fun with it, but, if you let your new guy drive it.....I will haunt your ass".
Ford Bronco So what is "it" about the Bronco (for you)? Fall5Cro

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I look at it this way, the Bronco is awesome at being a Bronco and sucks at being a luxury sports car, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Honestly I wouldn't trade the interior for a so called lux interior. The controls are simple, intuitive and in the right place, and the switchgear feels perfect. This means more to me than mushy materials, wood overlays and stitching.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2nd IT for me: Been pining for one since 2011 when I had to let my 67 go to bankroll therapy for my daughter. ABA therapy, even when insurance pays 90% is still a couple thousand a month out of pocket.

Happy to report my daughter is doing fantastic these days - well, as fantastic as any 14 year old can be :rolleyes: I'm so glad they came out with these as I have little time to wrench on an EB these days, so having something this cool and capable from the factory, with a warranty fits the bill perfectly.

Still waiting for SOMEONE to come out with EB style door inserts. Loved those with the little vinyl 1/2 doors in my 67!

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's square. I like square cars and things in general.
I've always wanted a pickup since riding around on the farm in my grandpa's when I was little, but have no real use for one.
Our door door is impractible for us.
I lost interest in cars/trucks in general after being a lifelong car guy until I saw this.
I want a good reason to get out into nature more.
Top comes off.
I can go anywhere I would want to go without issues or being nervous.
It came with a manual.
It is the cheapest way to look austintatious in a car
It was under 30k out the door
Lack of technology on the base
With manual transmission and street oriented 33" tires the damn thing feels like a sports car to me. Fun= drive slow car fast > fast car slow thing.
It is unique, for now anyway
Commanding view after driving a small car most of my life

I could keep going on and on, no kidding.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is fun to drive around town, but for me, it's about the memories with the family. My daughter is in 9th grade, so time's a ticking to make those. Living in a state with literally millions of acres of public lands helps too. We can take a run to our favorite hiking spots up past 7 springs in the afternoon and be back on pavement before dark most of the time.
I don't know that I can say it any better than Mike.
For me, it was 99% the memories or moments we could share while we could.
The Bronco was a means and a catalyst for that.
Sure, we had a TJ we took offroad some around here but I'm talking about big impression type of memories. The type that are not always within a few hours of home.
As an example, we bought it from a Dealer in West Tx.
The original plan was to directly head west, check out the Painted Desert and GC. Head up Big Sur all the way to Oregon, back over to Yellowstone, Tetons, Rushmore, and the Badlands and end up back home in NC.
Life happens and things didn't quite work out for that epic trip, so we opted to head south to Big Bend and spent a few days camping and seeing some of the most beautiful and serene landscapes I've ever seen.
Granted the marathon drive down to TX and the nonstop drive from BB back home were not exactly amazing (barely survivable! Lol), but the experience overall is something the girls will carry with them.
And we plan on more adventures out west maybe next year.
With college fast approaching for the two remaining at home, it is imperative to me to make it all work.

Sure, we could have done it in the TJ. But those who have/had them know it would not have been nearly as easy, comfortable, quiet, or stress-free to do so.
We could have purchased a new JL or a new Gladiator.
But we didn't. I knew the on-road manners will be what set the B6G apart on these long trips, and I was right. We rented a JL for the trip down, drove the Bronco back home.
Not even in the same ballpark difference.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always wanted a Wrangler, but this is infinitely better and cooler

also love that shes stick and soft top

Sponsored

Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drives way better and more comfortable than a Jeep, better looking than a Jeep, and nothing I mean nothing beats the feeling of a convertible off-road vehicle topless off-roading or on the road. This vehicles makes me feel like I can go on an adventure and it being a convertibles makes you feel so free 🕊

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me, so far "it" is that I ordered a 2022 in January and now I've ordered a 2023!! Haven't received shit yet but hey! I can say I've ordered two Broncos!!

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A convertible, utilitarian SUV that drives like a (Tall, heavy) sports car? Compromises are for suckers apparently. I heard the Bronco was good. I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good.

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been a ford guy since birth but i've owned jeeps for 30 years so the chance to have a jeep like vehicle that is made by ford is the PERFECT match

Rick28078

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My last 4 vehicles have been manual Wranglers. Loved every Jeep I’ve owned. At this point in my life I was just looking for something more refined and the Bronco does it. I also like to tinker on my vehicles so a different platform intrigued me. IFS, cool bells & whistles and you can take the roof and doors off… Winner, winner! Only had my BD for a month and love it so far.
Sponsored