Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know the Bronco is designed to be a competitor for the Jeep Wrangler, but would you have bought or buy one if they had offered one with a solid roof instead of the removable one?

I would love to see solid hard top IF:

A. the back wind shield would slide down into the tail gate
B. it came with sliding canvas sunroof like Jeep has offered since 2019 .... take a look

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a 73 model Bronco with a bolt on metal roof. Never took it off in over 200,000 miles. If they could make a solid roof like it had and bolted on I would be in for one.
^^^ THIS ^^^

All these people saying a removable roof is somehow a “Bronco thing” are so wrong. The removable roof and doors are a Jeep thing, not a Bronco thing.

Same thing with the white roof, Ford was just copying the International Scout.

This will be my 4th Bronco, never has the doors or roof off of the other 3, not planning on ever taking the roof off this one. Main reason I am buying a Bronco is for the manual transmission.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes - I would prefer a single piece metal roof with good insulation and no removable panels.
For me its just a personal preference and a different utility. With no interest in taking the top off, my orientation shifts to having a body colored top, eliminating risks of future leak, noise, and maintenance issues, and reducing the amount of plastic in the overall appearance.

The removable tops should still be available for those that want one.

An innovative solution might be to design a single piece metal roof that can still be removed, but not as easily, such that a future owner could switch to the removable roof and panels if desired.

Disclaimer: I don't have a reservation - waiting on the sidelines until some combination of features I'd like are actually available... .. .

rak2

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having actually owned a Bronco before, no, it wasn't. In all the years I have had vehicles that the roof was optional, it always had the roof on. Same goes for doors.

Just look at SxS. They come from the factory with no roof or doors (or at least they used to).
People add doors and roofs to them so regularly that they have become standard additions.

This feature is only marginally more useful than a fold down windshield.
So your saying that the 2021 Bronco was/is not designed from the ground up to be a roof/doors off vehicle? So Ford's intention was to design/engineer a bad ass off road vehicle and then as an afterthought somewhere along the way somebody had this crazy idea -- "hey let's make it so you can take the doors and roof off"

HORSINROUND

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Flex,2010 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not interested in a solid top. But, a one piece removable top, like the EB’s, I would consider.
Ford Bronco Solid roof? 1F0518DC-7EDC-4C59-BDCF-D632775A3C12

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The removable top is a must for me, for those who never take their top off, here is the Jeep solution to that: Power One Touch.
Ford Bronco Solid roof? 1628015556837

Reactions: Jrl

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely not! I would have kept my JL Wrangler. Top and doors off is the reason these vehicles are special.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not interested in a solid top. But, a one piece removable top, like the EB’s, I would consider.
Ford Bronco Solid roof? 1628015556837
2 door maybe, I don’t think there is enough structural strength to support the roof of a 4 door off the vehicle

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard top ... no hard top ...I’d be very happy if they could make ONE right 🤣. That’s all we want FORD just make a Bronco right.
I’m sure that someone in the aftermarket world will come up with a solution as there are many variants of replacement Jeep hard tops on the market.

How about a hybrid hard top where the roof panel remains in place at all times but the sides are hinged and can be lifted up like the rear glass for ease of access to the rear cargo area, or even removable all together.

There have been a few EB guys that have modified their hard tops so that they are stationary, but removed the rear and side windows for a “safari” type roof for sun and some rain protection which looks pretty cool....options, options.
Ford Bronco Solid roof? 78CB5091-8501-41D8-8975-9A1FE675E040
Ford Bronco Solid roof? 1628017620367

Last edited:

HORSINROUND

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Flex,2010 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door maybe, I don’t think there is enough structural strength to support the roof of a 4 door off the vehicle
Absolutely! Maybe with the 90’s style fiberglass roofs possibly for the 4 door crew.
Ford Bronco Solid roof? 2F6CD219-B791-45D2-9D97-13E85CC86A33
]
Sponsored