Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would love the partial solid roof of the 80's...solid in the front removeable in the back. Here's my old '81:

Ford Bronco Solid roof? bronco (2)
Sponsored

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd probably buy one, but I wouldn't have reserved one

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No removal top then it becomes just another damn SUV on the road.
meh...
There are only 4 mid size SUV’s in the market. (4Runner, GX, Wrangler, and Bronco). The rest are crossovers.

I don’t think selling a true SUV is a very common thing.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you like fine powder dust everywhere? with the windshield up or a partial roof you will learn about the way is gets sucked in. But I guess that's the fun of it.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me the key features of a Bronco Are:
Body on Frame
Rear Wheel drive when not in 4WD
Manual Transmission available

I have owned three Mustang Convertibles, which are a lot easier to take the top down than the Bronco, and I doubt I put the top down more than 10 days a year. Most of the time, it's simply too hot.

I'm buying the Bronco for frameless windows and a stick shift, and higher off the ground than another 'Stang.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I wouldn’t have even considered it.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So your saying that the 2021 Bronco was/is not designed from the ground up to be a roof/doors off vehicle? ...
The whole spirit of a "Bronco" is the top off doors off open air experience. It is designed around that capability. ...
If you're changing the terms then the answer changes. Most Bronco's ever built were not designed for the doors to be readily removable, that was previously always the provenance of Jeep -- so no, I would not say door removability is part of "the whole spirit of a 'Bronco'". Similarly the last half of Bronco's history, in which most of the units were produced, the top was officially not meant to be removed (it was bolted on and for legal reasons directions on how to remove it were not even part of the owners manual) -- so again no, I would not say top removability was part of "the whole spirit of a Bronco" if Ford wasn't willing to even acknowledge it.

But if you're trying to change the terms to be specifically about the 2020, became 2021, became late 2020's Bronco then those features were certainly part of the design intentions from the beginning, but not for any "spiritual" reason, Ford just decided to copy popular features from a competitor.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But if you're trying to change the terms to be specifically about the 2020, became 2021, became late 2020's Bronco then those features were certainly part of the design intentions from the beginning, but not for any "spiritual" reason, Ford just decided to copy popular features from a competitor.
I did not change the terms. The OP asked about a fixed hard top for the new Bronco, that's all I was referring to. You inferred that I was including all Bronco's 1966 on up! So maybe were having a failure to communicate here. I'm not saying 'spirit" as in "spiritual". More like outdoor spirit, and I believe it's evident in Fords ads - Get out there, in the wild etc...I totally agree Ford copied the Wrangler, In fact i'm sure they had giant posters of it on the design room walls with a target painted on it. It's just too bad they didn't use the same top supplier! :unsure:

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned three Mustang Convertibles, which are a lot easier to take the top down than the Bronco, and I doubt I put the top down more than 10 days a year. Most of the time, it's simply too hot.
Disclaimer: No smartassness here, real question, two dudes in the shop talking ---So, I have to ask. Considering the convertible Stang costs more and all around performance is less than a hard top, not to mention cowl shake, why on Earth did you buy a convertible over a hard top?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the point. There's a million other options if you want a boring roof.
If the Bronco was built on the Explorer chassis but the doors and roof came off, I wouldn't consider it. It looks like you want a convertible truck and some of want the off-road capability

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No I want the Bronco to be what it is, drop the top, get it dirty, rinse it out...repeat.

However, I have always wondered why it is that global manufacturers will build models that are exclusive to one country but not available in another, i.e. Everest. I understand the NHSTA and CAFE regulations, but wouldn’t it make more sense than having to design, engineer and market fewer vehicles available in all markets and import/export as needed rather than have to design and support multiple vehicles for different markets?

All mfg’s do this, just curious why I can get a Toyota Tacoma in the US but not a Hi-Lux, or a Ford Ranger but not the Everest, etc, etc. The Everest looks great, higher ground clearance and very modifiable down under and we’d be very interested in a midsize SUV, (not that we wouldn’t have our Bronco for play as well). The Explorer does nothing for us, very street oriented with zero off-road capability.

I dunno, like I said, just wondering it would seem mfg’s could save a lot of time and money by limiting the number of models and shipping parts, assemblies or entire vehicles to any market in the world.
Lexus makes the Hilux. Just a different badge. I’m starting to see older ones lifted in my area.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lexus makes the Hilux. Just a different badge. I’m starting to see older ones lifted in my area.
Toyota/Lexus Hilux is a truck, maybe you’re thinking the GX series which is the rebadged variant if the Land Cruiser?

Either way, my question out of curiosity was why build two different vehicles for a global market (Hilux) and in this case a North America only vehicle with the Tacoma. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ford Bronco Solid roof? D26793A8-6C25-4126-8ED1-DEDAF8384EEB
Ford Bronco Solid roof? CC9ADACC-E360-4BA2-98BF-2C0E06D31A66
Sponsored