Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Would appreciate some insights from those with more experience that if I purchase the the upgraded 12” touchscreen on the Big Bend can the B&O system be added later as a stand alone purchase?
12" screen is High Package only, you'd have to go with OBX or higher to get that. Maybe that makes your decision easier?
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my 10" sub and amplifier stolen out of my Ranger three separate times resulting in two broken windows and one punched lock. After the third theft I didn't replace them.

At least the B&O sub will be contained. Aftermarket equipment can easily be pulled from a vehicle with soft top or no doors.

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the input and ideas. I will likely run the risk of doing an aftermarket speaker upgrade (probably wait a year). After playing with B&P I settled on a 4Dr BB with a number of upgrades - which made getting the Lux on an OBX a $6K spread in cost. Can’t justify that for a sound system when I consider it’s really the only reason I would buy the Lux. Great discussions though.

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know if any other vehicles from Ford (that are currently available) are optional with the B&O system? I'm curious to hear it. My 2016 Mustang has the Shaker 500 system in it, and I added a Rockford Fosgate powered 8" woofer box to the trunk - it's perfect for me - I'm curious how the B&O system performs compared to what I currently have.
My salesperson for my reservation told me to go look at an Explorer ST. Yesterday i went to a local dealer (the dealership that had my reservation until they were unresponsive and unwilling to match deals of other dealerships) and looked at the Explorer ST. It sounded good and played around with surround sound feature. I couldn't really tell a difference with that feature. My opinion and not an audiophile, but it sounded okay. I definitely think you could get aftermarket speakers cheaper then the LUX pkg but I am going to get the Lux on my OBX to just make it easier

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if any other vehicles from Ford (that are currently available) are optional with the B&O system? I'm curious to hear it. My 2016 Mustang has the Shaker 500 system in it, and I added a Rockford Fosgate powered 8" woofer box to the trunk - it's perfect for me - I'm curious how the B&O system performs compared to what I currently have.
I think Ford has gone to the B&O system all together, but not 100%. I do know they offer that system with the Mustang premium trim level also. You sound be able to find one around your area.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting a BL, I have chosen the lux package solely for the B&O system. Yes I’m aware I could go aftermarket. But here’s my stick- the lux package gives you everything not just the stereo. Add that I know I’d spend the same amount in an aftermarket system it doesn’t make sense to not get it. And it will be covered by Ford factory warranty; bumper to bumper for 3 yrs or longer with extended warranty make that initial cost negligible. You won’t get that aftermarket and Ford could deny warranty claims if your aftermarket system “possibly” interferes with any other stock system.
Lastly, not that it’s even a remote thought, if you go to sell “upgrade” later you”lol have a better chance of receiving top dollar for a fully loaded Bronco.
Just my thoughts. Cheers

edit: I’m also pretty happy that I’ll get all the other options available by going Lux.
I'm right with you on this. Ideally i would do a high package plus b&o but its not all that much more to get it all. Also i'd imagine its much easier logistically for Ford this way so whatever.

Reactions: JAC

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hate that they don't tell you which b&o speakers they use when you know it varies across different brands. I had the bang system in my Audi ( the stock one not the 7k upgraded one) and I freaking adored it. I have a feeling this one won't be as good but I'll just have to wait and find out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You can add $500 in aftermarket speakers to stock system and it will blow the B&O away. Not being negative, but every B&O Ford I've heard is terrible. Full disclosure, my wife wants Lux and I also am preparing to have to throw the B&O in the garbage and put quality stuff in.
My Wrangler came with the Inifnity speakers - the tweeters were not very long lasting with top down cranking. So they've been replaced with MB Quarts which handle the power better.

I personally would go (am planning to go) the Crutchfiled route, and add an aftermarket amp, replace all the speakers, and maybe order the B&O sub enclosure from Ford parts and add and aftermarket sub driver. It may be worth looking into marine grade speakers, but that may cause a compromise in sound quality.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if manufacturers still make the audio systems incompatible with just replacing the speakers with your own amps and speakers?

I "upgraded" a car's system a few years ago and it was the worst 3k I've ever spent. Lagging media screen, amp would trip at times through no fault of my own, some other problems. If we could keep the head unit and not affect anything else I'd be game to see about changing out the speakers.

Now that I'm an electrician I should revisit this actually. I'm not familiar with this kind of electronics at all but the principles should be the same.

Sponsored

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can anyone tell me how the B&O compares to the Alpine in the Jeeps if anyone has heard both. I have the 9 speaker Alpine with sub in my JK and holy crap that thing rips, sounds amazing. If it isn't any better I'd look into the aftermarket, especially if you have get the Lux package. Why don't they have this as a stand alone option? I kinda know but I aint taking the bait.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"had the premium Harmon Kardon system - I replaced it with an Alpine system"
Oh... Oh, no. No, no, no.

Harman Kardon has some of the best auto systems in the market. Can't believe you replaced it with an :sick: Alpine. ?

Alpine's ? quality in the auto market has become basically Walmart level in the last 15 years.

I feel for you, man. Oof.

That being said, I have zero experience with Bang & Olufsen but I do know they've been competitors with Harmon Kardon, Bose, Lexicon and other high end systems.

I don't know if they're worth the money for the Lux Package by themselves, but you're getting a LOT of other things with that package that smooths out the overall cost.

If I end up unhappy with my B&O system, I'll do as I've done before and pull it out and replace it with Harmon Kardon or Bose.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't surprised Ford did not make B&O a stand-alone option. Car companies make much more money when they bundle options into packages.

Same reason Homelink isn't available by itself. That's one option I really wanted because otherwise I'd need to have three remotes clipped to my visor to get into my community and garage. Ugh.

Still don't think I will pay $6k for the LUX pkg though.
Totally agree. Homelink only available in the Lux package is ridiculous. I haven't had a vehicle without it since I don't know when, including mid-level Hondas decades ago. I want the B&O system too so it's a no-brainer for me. BTW I have a B&O system in my Audi and it's the best stock system I've ever owned. There's at least 9 speakers in the dash, A-pillars and front doors alone so I'm not expecting the same sound in the Bronco. But if it comes close to my current setup then I'll be happy with it.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those looking to go aftermarket, make sure you go loud! I have the standard audio system in my 2010 JKU with no sub and it's far from sexy, but it works. I actually like the lack of sub because they weren't integrated well in 2010 and took a large chunk of your cargo space.

My only consistent complaint is when I have the top and doors off, I need to be at max volume to hear it over my tires and the wind. These types of vehicles aren't typically known for having great acoustics, so unless you are planning to never take off the tops and doors, I would focus mostly on volume and durability so an aftermarket amp might be necessary. A ton of Jeep guys go with weatherproof or marine grade options aftermarket because of the nature of the vehicle.

I have never done a sound system upgrade because I am too cheap and would rather put the money into tires, lifts, etc., but I have looked into it quite a bit so those are my thoughts. Someone who knows more could probably point you in the right direction.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hate that they don't tell you which b&o speakers they use when you know it varies across different brands. I had the bang system in my Audi ( the stock one not the 7k upgraded one) and I freaking adored it. I have a feeling this one won't be as good but I'll just have to wait and find out.
I agree with you that information is limited. I have a friend with the B&O in his F150 - He loves the system. That said, the cabin environment in the F150 is obviously not the same and likes/dislikes on sound quality is subjective, yet, I feel the bronco will do well. Nevertheless, I am making a run to my dealer tomorrow to give a listen. and maybe take a ranger for a test drive to get a feel for the 2.3L.
Sponsored