Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do.

Because without a hardcore enthusiast following it will offer nothing but at a higher price point that the wrangler and other vehicles do not. It will sell moderately ok the first two years, die off drastically as the cool factor wears off the third year, and by the forth be below 50k units per year, and get axed.

If it can prove itself offroad, at the same price point as jeep, as comfortable off road as the wrangler, then it has a solid chance to build the imagine that will bring in new buyers year after year who are after a specific image that is backed up with capability (that they will never use).

If the only off-road capable versions start at a cost of 50-60k, and the lower end cannot be easily modded to BE capable, it will fall flat.
and you know this how? Ford has plenty of engineers and people who study this stuff. I’m not trying to be a jerk when I say this but Ford knows a lot more than either of us. To say the bronco will fall flat and be gone in 4 years if it doesn’t go toe to toe with a Wrangler is silly.
Sponsored

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used the license plate instead. Letters on Michigan plates are 1 inch wide. Even though we don't have a lot of image resolution to work with in the first place, it's pretty safe to say that's 2 inches wide.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 5.51.04 PM.png
Does it have coil overs on the rear?

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4runner 1978 International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it have coil overs on the rear?
I was thinking the exact same thing! Ive been looking over the rear axle and I just can't seem to find a rear coil. Some of the outside pics might show a coil behind the tire. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of coilover system going on back there!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt it'll be killed in 4 years

So let's say it does 95% of what Jeep does (topless/doorless, manual, 2/4dr, off-road) but with it's edge (SFA but a 2.3/2.7, aka easy power)

Say half the buyers get an auto 2.3/7 4dr and like it better than a comparable Wrangler, than us enthusiasts who still love it and mod it and you h4rdc0r3 guys who are bitching until Ford Racing/Aftermarket creates a SFA

This isn't Toyota, this is Ford, and SUV/Trucks is their specialty.

Whatever the factory left on the table, aftermarket will pick up on

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The the steady flow of “leaks” we’ve been getting I don’t think the news will slow down anytime soon. I’m excited to see more and more as time goes on. The JL was actually very similar. Jeep wasn’t as tight lipped about everything but once the small trickle started it didn’t stop. I definitely expect ford to have a “wait, there’s one more thing” surprise to us during the official unveiling.

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was thinking the exact same thing! Ive been looking over the rear axle and I just can't seem to find a rear coil. Some of the outside pics might show a coil behind the tire. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of coilover system going on back there!
Yeah looks like shocks are at. 45 with coils over them.

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4runner 1978 International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having a hard time finding a rear sway bar too... What did they do back there?? This is interesting.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and you know this how? Ford has plenty of engineers and people who study this stuff. I’m not trying to be a jerk when I say this but Ford knows a lot more than either of us. To say the bronco will fall flat and be gone in 4 years if it doesn’t go toe to toe with a Wrangler is silly.
what is that red button? The baby had one too

MikeWVU

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 04 wrx
That looks like coil over

Screenshot_20200121-185230.png

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like the bottom of the rear shock mounts are maybe 3" above the lower edge of the rim. Supposedly the tires are 32"-17" wheel =15"/ 2= 7.5" approx. height of one side of the tire, + approx. 3" above lower edge of the wheel=ground to bottom edge of rear shock mount approx. 10.5"?
Sponsored