First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Theres a company in the states that does HEMI swaps into the JL's. they have a 2 door Rubicon with a HELLCAT swap in it.. that would be the scariest thing to drive known to man lol.
I have a cj with no floorboards and a ratchet strap holding the steering column that would disagree. Lets just say it a mobile farm winch at this point.
Sponsored

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The main selling point of a v8 for Jeep owners is the low end torque and extra power needed to run 38” + tires efficiently. But, this is a very, very select portion of the market. I’m running 37” tires on my Gladiator and it gets around town just fine with the v6.

If Jeep prices the 392 models over 60-65k I doubt it will be that successful. Not knocking the idea though - a v8 would be mean.
I would understand a low production number. Wouldn’t make sense to stick it in a Wrangler that only goes to Target and back. I’m quite happy with my 3.6. Only comment is how slow it is to get up to highway speeds, but I’m mostly a country and city roader anyway. The 2.0 turbo would have probably been a better choice for me, but I got mine before they came out.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol, look at all the naysayers in this thread. Everyone was clamoring for a V8 bronco, but now that Jeep gets one instead, everyone is like " that's pointless... Who needs that power?"
If you don't think this will take some wind out of Fords sail you are kidding yourself. The coyote should have been an option in the bronco.
Its a chess game, not whack a mole.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The main selling point of a v8 for Jeep owners is the low end torque and extra power needed to run 38” + tires efficiently. But, this is a very, very select portion of the market. I’m running 37” tires on my Gladiator and it gets around town just fine with the v6.

If Jeep prices the 392 models over 60-65k I doubt it will be that successful. Not knocking the idea though - a v8 would be mean.
it wont be that cheap. GC 392 is $71,000 and it’s around the same price as wrangler, option vs option. So I’m guessing $74,995 starting PLUS massive markups good luck getting one for under $90k

also TFL did A little snippet on the leak.

AND THEY GAVE US A SHOUT OUT!

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thing looks way more CGI than the Bronco teasers we've been getting. Personally I think all of these teasers about the Bronco got Jeep worried so they decided to throw a 392 hood on the Wrangler to temporarily take the spotlight off the Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FCA big mad!

At minimum this is to try to steal a bit of Bronco thunder.

there is potential they have a production model in development. Will probably be extremely expensive. But Jeep fans should thank Ford for adding some comp to make them step their game up.

Like another poster mentioned I hope theirs makes Ford give us the goods on the Warthog/Raptor/Baja version a lot sooner!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7.3 incoming hopefully :p

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, look at all the naysayers in this thread. Everyone was clamoring for a V8 bronco, but now that Jeep gets one instead, everyone is like " that's pointless... Who needs that power?"
If you don't think this will take some wind out of Fords sail you are kidding yourself. The coyote should have been an option in the bronco.
Agreed

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they will have to do something with the front axle or scare the sh!t out of everybody.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be fair jeep always has been saying they could if they wanted to again and again, but if they do then they will basically have to also give it a new transmission and a lot more, if they do it's gonna be stupidity expensive and kinda pointless
Bragging rights, same as when the TRX comes out, Ford has to up the anti on Raptor.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think it is because the bronco had a v8 before it died... the jeep never had a v8 as far as i know

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A V8 Hemi is their best "spoiler"? Based on spy pics and authorized pics, we know there are already items Jeep should be focusing on. I would question FCA's ability to get it done with the rest of the drivetrain.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.