Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
NOT in a good mood right now.
Maybe I need some sleep. I get shitty when I'm behind the curve on sleep.

Hearing all these option exclusions is getting me way down. The more I read, the more that I want becomes unavailable together.

No manual V6.
Trim level paint exclusions
No manual Sasquatch.... which shocks the hell out of me.
Why would you hype the hell out of your granny gear tranny .....and then exclude it from the most offroad worthy models??? That makes ZERO sense. ZERO marketing sense.... WTF Ford?

Kinda fed up with all this active suspension wizardary when all we really wanted at some level was a basic vehicle with solid running gear.
Pretty basic shit really. How do you fudge that up? They have all the right parts....you just can't assemble them in the right order.
Same old story.

I'm beginning to wonder how well they had their head in the game. Despite all of ths time, I still don't think they were prepared for the launch.

With the exclusion of the manual from the Squatch pkg. I'm beginning to think they actually did miss the mark for the enthusiasts.

I'm unsure how much of a hurry I'm in at the moment.

....and the Jeep fanbois rejoiced. (while Hoosierdaddy slept).
Man, I can feel your pain.

Unfortunately for you, you're not the target demographic. I am.

I'll buy a 4 Door with auto and leather and the B&O and it'll have ATs not MTs. I'll probably buy some accessory crap from Ford. 99 percent of my driving with be to work or hauling kids. I won't buy one if it's too noisy inside on the highway.

People like me buy in much larger numbers, and generally buy shit that's more profitable (lux packs)

But I feel you. That sucks. Mainly because it was "sold" to you in a deceptive manner...then they yanked the rug out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t want manual, so I can’t feel the pain. But I just read less than 10% of wrangler have MT, so financially I see why they don’t cater to MT market.
Then they should have just left it out instead of hyping the hell out of "The industry leading CRAWLER GEAR" ....only to exclude it out of the most offroad worthy package. That's the whole freaking point.
Why cater to those folks by building it, hyping it, then excluding it from the package that they would very extremly likely get where they actually use the damn granny gear.

I guess they did stick to their word, my mind is definitely blown.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Correct me if I'm wrong, but packages are nothing more than a convenient manner of grouping commonly-paired individual options (and sometimes at a discount). Do we know for a fact that we cannot order individual options a la carte (dependencies considered, like sunroof on a soft top)? In the past, a crafty person behind the dealer's ordering system has been able to come up with some great combinations. Do we know this is completely ruled out by the offering of packages, and it is legitimately time to freak out, or is there the possibility that we can still build largely what we want code-by-code (excepting certain restrictions, like the manual and 2.7)?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like driving a manual but I think people are blowing this way out of proportion. That 10 speed auto is a great transmission.
I'm sure it's solid, and if I had to have a dedicated family/work vehicle, I'd get it, but this is the "Weekend Toy" *Cough*NewDaily*Cough* for me

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's confirmed and "being looked into" :(
Damn, yeah they need to figure that one out. The 2.3L is a powerful enough engine
It's confirmed and "being looked into" :(
Damn, yeah they need to figure that out. The 2.4L is honestly powerful enough to have fun with a manual and that crawl gear is awesome but to not be able to buy it with the Sasquatch makes no sense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I feel you. That sucks. Mainly because it was "sold" to you in a deceptive manner...then they yanked the rug out.
THANK YOU!!! That is exactly the point.

I honestly was looking to spend around $48k for a decked out one, UNTIL all the reveal info put it out there that a BADASS offroad utility could be built....hellz yes!!!! ..... and then , the rug.
Just irritated as hell....gotta "change gears".... I suppose.
Definitely dampened my enthusiasm....and that bugs me too.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then they should’ve just not offered the manual then tbh. To advertise a 7 speed manual with a sweet crawl ratio, and then require a $12,000 upgrade to have it be reasonably useful is crazy. And the #1 upgrade to that $12,000 upgrade (Sasquatch) automatically removes the that option.

To me personally, factory 35’s and the 7 speed are the two coolest part of the Bronco. To make them mutually exclusive is deal breaking to me.
$12k for the Sasquatch? Well that might change things

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
$12k for the Sasquatch? Well that might change things
$12k gets you to the badlands which is the only way to get the M210 front axle and a manual. Even with that you can’t Sasquatch it and keep the manual.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just happy at how pissed off all you people are.

It took me a long time to get over the IFS part but I did. Still would prefer a 5.0, but a 2.7/auto/badsquatch with marine vinyl sounds great to me.

I think we should start chucking chairs at all the 2.7/manual/squatch whiners, kinda like you did at the V8/SFA whiners.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It took me a long time to get over the IFS part but I did. Still would prefer a 5.0, but a 2.7/auto/badsquatch with marine vinyl sounds great to me.

I think we should start chucking chairs at all the 2.7/manual/squatch whiners, kinda like you did at the V8/SFA whiners.
Maybe go with a slap this time
InexperiencedInnocentKoala-size_restricted.gif

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$12k gets you to the badlands which is the only way to get the M210 front axle and a manual. Even with that you can’t Sasquatch it and keep the manual.
10-4. I reserved two black diamonds at two different dealers to be safe. If I've read the options correctly, the 210's are available on the BD's. Unfortunately my priorities were 1)Sasquatch, 2)2.7,3)7spd. I hate to have to settle but, I mean, the Bronco is back

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

I am still indifferent to the V8/no manual/SFA. There are justifications for why those things don’t exist. There is no reason the Sasquatch can’t come with a manual. We have basically been shown the Sasquatch with a manual, and nothing either said, implied, or written stated that they are incompatible. That’s what makes me upset.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still indifferent to the V8/no manual/SFA. There are justifications for why those things don’t exist. There is no reason the Sasquatch can’t come with a manual.
Is there justification though? Jeep’s top off road package offers a manual and a SFA, and they just teased a V8, although none of us believe the V8 will come to fruition, much less with a manual.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am still indifferent to the V8/no manual/SFA. There are justifications for why those things don’t exist. There is no reason the Sasquatch can’t come with a manual. We have basically been shown the Sasquatch with a manual, and nothing either said, implied, or written stated that they are incompatible. That’s what makes me upset.
There is also a Ford Performance Lift and 37s on another truck. I’m sure you can get a Badlands and just add the wheels and tires if you want. Same things a Sasquatch and still under warranty.
Sponsored