Sponsored

To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can’t see them being any louder then a 37” nitto mud grappler tire, i ran a set on my Jeep and u were unable to talk to your passenger unless u were yelling at each other. Will still be cheaper then 37’s so I’m good with 35’s. I use to run B.A.D wheels which were a bead assist wheel. Technically a bead lock tho it was dot approved. Was a pain to get tires done. No shops wanted to touch them.
The B.A.D wheels sounded interesting, but it looks like they are out of business:

"Permanently Closed "
https://www.facebook.com/B.A.D.WheelsInc/

"403 Forbidden"
http://www.badwheelsinc.com/
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll admit I was totally infatuated with the idea of the Sasquatch package when it was first announced. But then reality set in. Do I need 35s?? Absolutely not. Do I want to deal with ant of the cons you listed? Nope. And then I saw the pic of the Bandlands with 33s and that sealed the deal. Just enough of an aggressive look for me.

Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! 69669183-D8A7-4335-AAA9-3C0C44154F39

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right there with the group on the initial “Gotta have it” look of Sasquatch. Reality of what the vehicle will be sets in, daily driver, highway pounder. The standard 3:73 gearing of the Outer Banks is ideal. A bit of searching through TireRack specs on the standard Duelers show them to be 32.1” and 469 revs per mile. The BFG KO2 33” are 32.5” and 460 revs per mile. For all intents and purposes, identical. No need to recalibrate the speedometer and will not mess with the predetermined shift points of the 10 speed auto and you get the look of Sasquatch Lite. With a good set of wheels, it’s done. Top image is standard Outer Banks, second image is Outer Banks with Badlands 33” tires and wheels photoshopped onto it. Has the look without the mechanical loss and noise of Sasquatch.

89E2EC65-9C81-4BDC-9B1B-FA35FD0B0DCD.jpeg

1A31117D-DA75-465C-A498-24D09B82A5A9.jpeg

Last edited:

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right there with the group on the initial “Gotta have it” look of Sasquatch. Reality of what the vehicle will be sets in, daily driver, highway pounder. The standard 3:73 gearing of the Outer Banks is ideal. A bit of searching through TireRack specs on the standard Duelers show them to be 32.1” and 469 revs per mile. The BFG KO2 33” are 32.5” and 460 revs per mile. For all intents and purposes, identical. No need to recalibrate the speedometer and will not mess with the predetermined shift points of the 10 speed auto and you get the look of Sasquatch Jr. With a good set of wheels, it’s done. Top image is standard Outer Banks, second image is Outer Banks with Badlands 33” tires and wheels photoshopped onto it. Has the look without the mechanical loss and noise of Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! 1A31117D-DA75-465C-A498-24D09B82A5A9

Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! 1A31117D-DA75-465C-A498-24D09B82A5A9
Would you do the 2.3 or the 2.7? I think 2.3 would probably be fine with tires under 33". Also, are you worried about the lower strength front axle/diff?

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with many of your points. I will probably end up getting the Badlands with the 33" A/T's for many of the reasons you listed above. But I did want to clarify one of your points..

"5) Beadlock rims require maintainance - Beadlocks need to have bolts tightened and adjusted regularly. Tire swapping and maintenance will be difficult as many places won't be comfortable doing this work. I'm not big on maintaining things, so this is a pain for me.

Ford sells you "Beadlock capable" rims. Essentially, when you received these wheels from the factory, they are exactly like normal wheels. However, if you desire to, you can purchases beadlock rings from Ford. To make the beadlock capable wheels perform like beadlocks, you remove a fascia ring around the wheels, you unseat the tire bead, install the beadlock rings and clamp down on the tire bead.

Just wanted to clarify this. Ford is not allowed to sell you fully beadlock wheels from the factory (per DoT rules). They sell beadlock capable wheels on the Raptor and Bronco to give people an option without needing to fully install all new wheels. There are a few videos on youtube to get you an idea how the conversion works.
So does this nullify the point about extra maintenance for the factory wheels? That's the only thing on this list that surprised and worried me.

Can we say that they require no extra maintenance and all tire shops will be able to work on them?

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you do the 2.3 or the 2.7? I think 2.3 would probably be fine with tires under 33". Also, are you worried about the lower strength front axle/diff?
Personally, I am going with the 2.7L. I still hear my grandfather telling me to buy the most engine I could afford. The V6 will have less mechanical stress as a daily driver. Stepping up to KO’2s will add an additional 21 pounds of unsprung weight per corner. I do not think it will cause any problems with the front differential at all, I believe that Ford has engineered the components for additional loading with off road intentions.

Last edited:

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, I am going with the 2.7L. I still hear my grandfather telling me to buy the most engine I could afford. The V6 will have less mechanical stress as a daily driver. Stepping up to KO’2s will add an additional 21 pounds of unsprung weight per corner. I do not think it will cause any problems with the front differential at all, i believe that Ford has engineered the components for additional loading with off road intentions.
Yep, the good 'ol "there's no substitute for cubic inches"!

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, the good 'ol "there's no substitute for cubic inches"!
Unless cubic inches gets blocked by cubic dollars...

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco wasn't made to be quiet, it wasn't made to ride like a Cadillac, and it wasn't made to get 30 miles per gallon. It was made for one purpose: Smiles Per Gallon! In my heartfelt opinion, a Bronco without Sasquatch just isn't a proper Bronco. It doesn't look right. With the Sasquatch Package you get the heavier duty axles and suspension components designed for the increase in rolling mass, so no worries there.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with many of your points. I will probably end up getting the Badlands with the 33" A/T's for many of the reasons you listed above. But I did want to clarify one of your points..

"5) Beadlock rims require maintainance - Beadlocks need to have bolts tightened and adjusted regularly. Tire swapping and maintenance will be difficult as many places won't be comfortable doing this work. I'm not big on maintaining things, so this is a pain for me.

Ford sells you "Beadlock capable" rims. Essentially, when you received these wheels from the factory, they are exactly like normal wheels. However, if you desire to, you can purchases beadlock rings from Ford. To make the beadlock capable wheels perform like beadlocks, you remove a fascia ring around the wheels, you unseat the tire bead, install the beadlock rings and clamp down on the tire bead.

Just wanted to clarify this. Ford is not allowed to sell you fully beadlock wheels from the factory (per DoT rules). They sell beadlock capable wheels on the Raptor and Bronco to give people an option without needing to fully install all new wheels. There are a few videos on youtube to get you an idea how the conversion works.
Thank you for clarifying this for me! Wondered what 'capable' meant. There might be beadlock newbies like me that will be surprised they have to spend extra time & money to utilize the beadlock mechanism. I wonder what percentage of buyers will actually do this?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The factory Sasquatch wheels are not beadlock wheels. They are beadlock capable wheel (just like on the Raptor). They come as a standard wheel with a trim ring that looks like a beadlock ring. You have to order the actual beadlock ring from Ford (roughly $200/ea). Actual beadlock wheels are not DOT approved for on-road use.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There really are no cons if you set your expectations of what you are ordering appropriately.

I have never run 35's but through this forum and other outlets that I've researched, I have a really good idea of what I'm getting, and what I am not getting.
Sponsored