First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Small box is pak rax, about 2 feet in length. Large box is roof rack, it is the length of the roof pretty much

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I received my rack around 3 weeks ago. It’s been sitting on my living room floor, as I’m due to get the rear shell of my hardtop replaced through warranty…it has some warping. The dealer is still trying to work out the logistics, so I decided to go ahead and put the rack together. I test fitted the windshield mounts and the front crossbar, to get it centered. Then, I loosely put the rack together on the floor. I found the balance point for the ceiling hoist and now have it ready to drop down onto the new top when it finally gets replaced. I did not try messing with the windshield mounting nuts yet, but I expect that to be a pain in the ass.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 57B37474-E5FC-4A96-8798-35A5A1129425

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received my rack around 3 weeks ago. It’s been sitting on my living room floor, as I’m due to get the rear shell of my hardtop replaced through warranty…it has some warping. The dealer is still trying to work out the logistics, so I decided to go ahead and put the rack together. I test fitted the windshield mounts and the front crossbar, to get it centered. Then, I loosely put the rack together on the floor. I found the balance point for the ceiling hoist and now have it ready to drop down onto the new top when it finally gets replaced. I did not try messing with the windshield mounting nuts yet, but I expect that to be a pain in the ass.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 57B37474-E5FC-4A96-8798-35A5A1129425
We recommend taking the front panels off to give you some room to tighten the nuts down on the windshield. That should help a ton!

bobplastow

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang, 66 F250, 22 Bronco, 18 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have the rack and love it. Still waiting on when the light bar cutout wind deflector will be available. Only standard wind deflector was available when I ordered the rack.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8367.JPG

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have the rack and love it. Still waiting on when the light bar cutout wind deflector will be available. Only standard wind deflector was available when I ordered the rack.
Sleek!! Glad you like it! Thanks for the business! We should have deflectors coming in very soon.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TrailRax

Is the light bar mount that you're developing to go with the KC Gravity Pro going to require the wind deflector with the cutout? Is it a separate wind deflector all together? Have you tested any mounting with the gravity pro and your roof rack yet? If so, how does the wind noise compare to the low profile integrated light bar that you're currently offering? Thank you for being responsive!!!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax

Is the light bar mount that you're developing to go with the KC Gravity Pro going to require the wind deflector with the cutout? Is it a separate wind deflector all together? Have you tested any mounting with the gravity pro and your roof rack yet? If so, how does the wind noise compare to the low profile integrated light bar that you're currently offering? Thank you for being responsive!!!
Hello,

We are in the works for a bracket to work with the gravity pro. It does not have a specific wind deflector needed as it will mount forward of the roof rack and not on the deflector. A standard deflector will work best. We have not been able to test anything with a gravity pro 6. The wind noise will likely be noticeably more and worse off with the gravity pro 6 due to the size and shape of the gravity. our mount we are developing will definitely try to keep it a lower profile and still functional but will not be as beneficial as the single row light bars. But the classic round lights are a favorable look to customers and we are working on a solution.

Our Integrated lightbar design with the cut-out is extremely quiet for a roof rack and in some cases proves to be better with wind noise over no roof rack due to our design.

Sponsored
First Name
Droob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eta on 40” cut outs is about September time.
As Promised, we wanted to show off our new roof rack that we plan to offer in conjunction or as an add-on to our Bronco Pak Rax!

After trying to work with the Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack, we noticed a lot of inconsistency from Ford on their new OEM roof rack. While it is a great option from the factory for a roof rack, it did not offer the stability and strength we were looking for to work with. The housings for the most part are plastic which is fine for a roof rack that is rated to 150lbs roughly. We wanted to add more and give the end-user more confidence when carrying more weight especially since the Bronco is engineered for a faster-paced off-road experience. We also noticed the cost of what it would be per Pak Rax to make Ford's clamp system in metal for better stability and structure which means in turn we will lose customers due to the high price. We decided to take the original file and create a simplified version that still offers the strength and modularity our Pak Rax usually offers.
These are the attributes we focused on as we designed the roof rack and Pak Rax together for the Ford Bronco:
  • Higher weight capacity
  • Easy install
  • Wind deflector to minimize a ton of wind noise issues
  • Cutouts for high-performance Heretic Studio lights
  • All Aluminum construction to avoid any rust
  • Low profile to fit in garages and more
  • Offer the ability to remove the Hardtop panels
Spec's:
overall height added to your Bronco- 3.9" from the center of the hardtop or 3.3" from the highest point of the hardtop (outer edges).

TrailRax.com

Pictured below is the 4 door model with Pak Rax:

Pictured below is the 2 door model with Pak Rax:

Any details on wind noise with the light bar cutouts, vs wind deflector? Noticble difference?

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak to the wind noise with the light bar cutout but the regular deflector adds no additional wind noise. I have a two door and when I remove the front panels I think it's actually an improvement over no roof rack at all.

First Name
Droob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't speak to the wind noise with the light bar cutout but the regular deflector adds no additional wind noise. I have a two door and when I remove the front panels I think it's actually an improvement over no roof rack at all.
Thanks for your awesome communication. Will be ordering. What are typical lead times?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your awesome communication. Will be ordering. What are typical lead times?
Items that are in stock as of now are ready to ship. We will be opening pre-orders up for backordered items tomorrow at noon. The backordered items are estimated for 10/15 starting ship date.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you mount a standard size set of maxtrax on the side for a 4D, or are they too long?
Sponsored